United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Serenity Now

Default Players in France cover a greater distance than players in the Premier League?

That's what data from SUP suggests, at least. They also reckon that the players in Ligue 1 make a greater number of high intensity runs than the players in any of the other major European leagues. I find this quite surprising.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:20 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
That's what data from SUP suggests, at least. They also reckon that the players in Ligue 1 make a greater number of high intensity runs than the players in any of the other major European leagues. I find this quite surprising.

that's because they've all come from Africa. nft.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:21 AM
My Name is Keith

If I was to guage my reaction to this news in smileys, I'd be going with a more than a .

More "really?" than "gosh".

I want to be as open and honest as I can with you and I trust you will respect me for that.

Peace,

Keith

Old 10-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Mr_Ed

and their league is probably 4th best in Europe...?

They run further and faster but make less tackles.. Does this mean they are always out of position?

Old 10-03-2008, 09:27 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
and their league is probably 4th best in Europe...?

They run further and faster but make less tackles.. Does this mean they are always out of position?
They also take more touches on the ball, don't know what this means?

TBH, there's really not much in it is there.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:28 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
If I was to guage my reaction to this news in smileys, I'd be going with a more than a .

More "really?" than "gosh".

I want to be as open and honest as I can with you and I trust you will respect me for that.

Peace,

Keith
Sacré bleu

Old 10-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
They also take more touches on the ball, don't know what this means?

TBH, there's really not much in it is there.
Well given we signed Djemba Djemba who had the first touch of a rapist then I think you know where this is heading... Bellion is also playing over there too

Old 10-03-2008, 09:42 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

I actually know that this stat is flawed, the french use a very sophisticated radar to measure the movement of their players where as in England we just use a computer attached to the tv cameras.
The problem with the french system is that it is so sensitive that even a shrug is counted as a movement and with all of those gallic types shrugging all over the place the readings are that they cover more ground when they don't they're just more french.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:45 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
I actually know that this stat is flawed, the french use a very sophisticated radar to measure the movement of their players where as in England we just use a computer attached to the tv cameras.
The problem with the french system is that it is so sensitive that even a shrug is counted as a movement and with all of those gallic types shrugging all over the place the readings are that they cover more ground when they don't they're just more french.
Statistically how much more French are they exactly?

Old 10-03-2008, 09:46 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Closed Thread