Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2008, 08:40 AM
chorleyred

Default talksport reckon we've held informal talks

for the welsh dwarf, at 7m apparently

Unread 11-05-2008, 08:47 AM
wee man

how many seasons in a row have we been linked with him. You'd think they'd come up with something new.

Unread 11-05-2008, 08:56 AM
chorleyred

I won't say he's crap as he obviously isn't, and he's a good age at 27 ish, but if we are getting rid of an injury prone striker I don't see the point in going after another.

fwiw he'd work well in our team imo when fit imo, but I hate the little scouse @#%&!

ronny johnsen, enough said.

Unread 11-05-2008, 09:01 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
I won't say he's crap as he obviously isn't, and he's a good age at 27 ish, but if we are getting rid of an injury prone striker I don't see the point in going after another.

fwiw he'd work well in our team imo when fit imo, but I hate the little scouse @#%&!

ronny johnsen, enough said.
I honestly don't think he has the mobility anymore that a player would need for United. He is a very average player outside the box. I just wouldn't see the point - very good prospect in his day - don't think he ever fulfilled his potential - but his time has gone as far as top top football is concerned.

But Fergie has a track record of bringing in players he has admired for a last hurrah - Blanc, Larrsson etc. Can't see it though.

Unread 11-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

No chance.

Unread 11-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Tumescent Throb

every chance imo

he scores goals - and lots of them

as for his fitness? couldn't tell you, but RvN is still knocking them in.

Unread 11-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
every chance imo

he scores goals - and lots of them

as for his fitness? couldn't tell you, but RvN is still knocking them in.
Similar to RVN in some ways in that outside of goals he does not do much. He is quicker but he lacks the physical power that Ruud had.

A fit version of Saha is what Utd need, something different, and as you have been pointing out, another wide player who has the ability to play all across the pitch.

As well as Park has done, he is a limited player.

Unread 11-05-2008, 09:47 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Similar to RVN in some ways in that outside of goals he does not do much. He is quicker but he lacks the physical power that Ruud had.

A fit version of Saha is what Utd need, something different, and as you have been pointing out, another wide player who has the ability to play all across the pitch.

Spot on

Unread 11-05-2008, 09:48 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

[SIZE="7"]MANUCHO!!!!!!

Unread 11-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Ed Sullivan

bedders?

I think he works in IT so doubt he'd have the experience.

Unread 11-05-2008, 10:01 AM
puressence

remember my wum , when i met him in las vegas

Unread 11-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Stretters

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
remember my wum , when i met him in las vegas
NO

Unread 11-05-2008, 10:08 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretters
NO
come on mate this is your last day here. you'll have to make your post slightly more memorable than that

Unread 11-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Ferguson said: "We will buy in the summer. I'm quite happy with the one or two things we have done. In the striker department we have young Danny Welbeck, who's got a great future, and Fraizer Campbell, who's done a fantastic job on loan at Hull this year.

"We'll also have Manuchu back from Panathinaikos. He showed in the Africa Cup of Nations what a big, powerful striker he is. So, along with Carlos Tevez and Wayne Rooney, we've got planty of strength in that department. But we do need experience."

Unread 11-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Stretters

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
come on mate this is your last day here. you'll have to make your post slightly more memorable than that
I know its like someone telling me I only have a day or 2 left to live, onwards and upwards i guess

Unread 11-05-2008, 10:10 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
i know!! i can't believe he said "planty"

Unread 11-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Firswood Red

wouldn't sign him on a free, no way near the player he was.

Can think of a load of reasons why we shouldn't sign him.

I'd like to know how Owen would improve our squad in any way?

Unread 11-05-2008, 11:13 AM
puressence

wheres dong

Unread 11-05-2008, 11:21 AM
wonky no

robbie keane> owen

and he's never injured.

i was thinking the other day about all this. I doubt we'll make any big money signings without selling first, unless it's at right back or somewhere else where we are desperate.

i can't see how we're going to get rid of saha unless we do a swap for a squad player at another club. my guess would be ashton at west ham. fergie must be looking at him and thinking he can create a monster.

say what you want about ashton but he has a great eye for goal, he has a good range of shots, he's big and hard to defend against plus he's a red. all he needs is a purpose, some belief in him and a strict fitness regime. would west ham be interested in saha though? perhaps united would be happy just to get him off the wage bill?

Unread 11-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Sparky***

Oh for £#%&!'s sake.

Owen? OWEN?! Seriously?

Get another treatment table ready next to Saha.
Closed Thread