United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-11-2018, 03:22 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
For me you probably have to win the big stuff, play for one of the top sides in Europe etc.

I think DDG could play for one of the best sides, but if he finished his career tomorrow he may not be remembered as a great outside England.
Are we changing the definition of world class to ‘being remembered as a great’ now?

Unread 30-11-2018, 03:39 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Are we changing the definition of world class to ‘being remembered as a great’ now?

Unread 30-11-2018, 03:52 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Unread 30-11-2018, 03:59 PM
jem

Quote:
For me you probably have to win the big stuff, play for one of the top sides in Europe etc.

I think DDG could play for one of the best sides, but if he finished his career tomorrow he may not be remembered as a great outside England.
he was voted into the world xi by 65,000 pro footballers last year, so I guess people have heard of him, despite the parochial nature of his performances.

Unread 30-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Buck

Quote:

Mate this isn't the 1990s

Every game whether its Utd vs Liverpool or Huddersfield vs Burnley gets broadcast around the world. Online streaming, youtube, twitter....the days of only seeing foreign leagues in magazine shows like Football Italia making certain players being elevated because you only catch their best bits are long gone.

Of course £#%&!ing De Gea will be remembered as a great.

Unread 30-11-2018, 04:57 PM
andyroo

Opposition supporters: Dave isn't that great, ours is better. His distribution is amazing (or some such shite)

Then we play them and Dave saves our arses

Them: It's not fair, only their goalkeeper is any good!

Unread 30-11-2018, 05:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
How is that a change? I reckon if you're a world class player you might be remembered as a great tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Mate this isn't the 1990s

Every game whether its Utd vs Liverpool or Huddersfield vs Burnley gets broadcast around the world. Online streaming, youtube, twitter....the days of only seeing foreign leagues in magazine shows like Football Italia making certain players being elevated because you only catch their best bits are long gone.

Of course £#%&!ing De Gea will be remembered as a great.
Without winning big trophies and being suspect for his country at international tournaments? I'm not sure.

As I say, among English football fans there will be little doubt.

Unread 30-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Lok

Quote:
How is that a change? I reckon if you're a world class player you might be remembered as a great tbf.

Without winning big trophies and being suspect for his country at international tournaments? I'm not sure.

As I say, among English football fans there will be little doubt.
Legend > A Great > World Class > Top Player > Good Player > Our Players (other than DDG).

Unread 30-11-2018, 05:35 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Legend > A Great > World Class > Top Player > Good Player > Our Players (other than DDG).
> Alexis Sanchez

Unread 30-11-2018, 05:38 PM
utd99

So Martial and Rashford are worldies and De Gea’s rubbish....

Just another day in Side-topia..

Unread 30-11-2018, 05:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Thanks

Unread 30-11-2018, 05:55 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

Unread 30-11-2018, 06:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Cruelly expressed, but not totally unfairly tbh

Unread 30-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Exactly. Literally the only £#%&!ing player in the entire squad who performs at a top level consistently and he's talking him down.

The daft @#%&!

Unread 30-11-2018, 06:58 PM
£#%&! KFC

De Gea had a dodgy world cup and his 'display' in the shootout against Russia was even worse than Lee Can't against Derby ffs

given his previous immaculate standards he has had a poor season for us (again by his OWN standards it's poor) although given the state of the @#%&!s in front of him it's hardly a surprise but he;s still made some world class saves and that one the other night was maybe the best save I've ever seen it was ridiculous and in the context of the game a hugely important save too

anyone who says he isn't world class is talking out their arse and he's better than any other keeper in the world ...still

as for that clown in net for Chelsea......watch the Spurs game again last week

Unread 30-11-2018, 07:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Cruelly expressed, but not totally unfairly tbh
Cheers mate

Still think people are confusing the issue though. It's not about talent, more achievement. Needs to put his name on some big trophies.

Unread 30-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Buck

Quote:
Cheers mate

Still think people are confusing the issue though. It's not about talent, more achievement. Needs to put his name on some big trophies.
He would have 3 Champions Leagues to his name if it wasn't for that meddling fax machine

Unread 30-11-2018, 07:35 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Cheers mate

Won the FA Cup

Unread 30-11-2018, 07:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Won the FA Cup

Happier times.

Unread 30-11-2018, 07:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He would have 3 Champions Leagues to his name if it wasn't for that meddling fax machine
Closed Thread