Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-11-2018, 03:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
there he is

bet he's still got bed head
Completely, on my second snooze....hunger kicking in.

:Throws curtains wide:

Unread 29-11-2018, 07:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Time’s almost up on Mourinho, that much is clear, however you seem to be putting an awful lot of stock in the fact that these wonderful players will suddenly turn it on for a new guy. They might, but I don’t have anywhere near your faith. I just wonder if you ever leave even an ounce of doubt that you might be wrong about them.

Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing, but didn’t ‘good’ players used to have to play well? Isn’t that what actually made them good players? Nowadays it seems that people are blind to everything other than what they want to be the case.

I bet James Wilson has got the right hump that you banked all his excuses to use for MR.
You seem to be trying to give Den a run for his money on comprehension disability. It's not about them being world beaters or wonderful players. I thought I was making this clear by saying that I don't especially rate Lukaku but he shouldn't be 13 games without a goal.

Whatever a players' potential or limitations, you have to assess whether the manager is getting the best out of them. A few years back when you were telling me that someone else would get more from Darmian and Schneiderlin than LvG I disagreed. Now, however, it's pretty clear that guys like Sanchez, Pogba and even Lukaku are playing below their level. Managers never emerge from that looking good.

Unread 29-11-2018, 08:33 PM
red in cumbria

Rumours that Sanchez is pissed off he didn't start on Tuesday and now wants out.

Don't all rush at once to drive him to the airport, there's enough traffic congestion in Greater Manchester as it is

Unread 29-11-2018, 08:53 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
You seem to be trying to give Den a run for his money on comprehension disability. It's not about them being world beaters or wonderful players. I thought I was making this clear by saying that I don't especially rate Lukaku but he shouldn't be 13 games without a goal.

Whatever a players' potential or limitations, you have to assess whether the manager is getting the best out of them. A few years back when you were telling me that someone else would get more from Darmian and Schneiderlin than LvG I disagreed. Now, however, it's pretty clear that guys like Sanchez, Pogba and even Lukaku are playing below their level. Managers never emerge from that looking good.
Maybe you’re just not making your points very well then. I agree Mourinho is not getting a tune out of these players; where we seem to disagree is the level to which he’s responsible for it. We seem to be trying to corner the market on slapped arses, and that type generally revert to norm no matter who’s in charge.

Unread 29-11-2018, 08:56 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Rumours that Sanchez is pissed off he didn't start on Tuesday and now wants out.

Don't all rush at once to drive him to the airport, there's enough traffic congestion in Greater Manchester as it is
Fair enough. Just pay us back the signing on fee and we’ll rip up the contract and call it quits. Good luck in China!

Unread 29-11-2018, 09:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Maybe you’re just not making your points very well then. I agree Mourinho is not getting a tune out of these players; where we seem to disagree is the level to which he’s responsible for it. We seem to be trying to corner the market on slapped arses, and that type generally revert to norm no matter who’s in charge.
These players will have plenty to prove under the next man. Every single one, because none of them have been established world class players for us. I have doubts about Lukaku's ability, Pogba's consistency and Sanchez as being able to be what he once was.

The young players have the talent, but have been poorly managed. As is the case with the senior players, when every single young player struggles to develop or earn the trust of the manager, it suggests the change may benefit them also. If they get that trust, it's on them.

It's clear that the next manager needs to be someone with a proactive style who is prepared to develop young talent. Tbh that was the case in 2016 due to the composition of the squad and the frustrations fans had with quality of football. But we chose the easy option.

Unread 29-11-2018, 10:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
These players will have plenty to prove under the next man. Every single one, because none of them have been established world class players for us. I have doubts about Lukaku's ability, Pogba's consistency and Sanchez as being able to be what he once was.

The young players have the talent, but have been poorly managed. As is the case with the senior players, when every single young player struggles to develop or earn the trust of the manager, it suggests the change may benefit them also. If they get that trust, it's on them.

It's clear that the next manager needs to be someone with a proactive style who is prepared to develop young talent. Tbh that was the case in 2016 due to the composition of the squad and the frustrations fans had with quality of football. But we chose the easy option.
I can live with that post.

Unread 30-11-2018, 07:56 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Chomp a dick you £#%&!ing Drama goblin.....

(I've just woke up)

Denis irwell has some deep rooted hatred that I ripped a post of his over 2 years ago now, I try and ignore the old £#%&! shouting into the ether......

Let that hate go, let in the love....
in your dreams. Couldn’t rip paper you gobby little #@&%!

Put the post up and show us or is it a just a made up highlight in your diary?

Quote:
Given Fergie never managed Rashford, I assumed you might figure out it was a hypothetical comment.

You're dreadful at this stuff.

Running theme with a lot of our players.

Even Sanchez scored in both of Chile's games during the recent international break.
“hyperthetical” my arse. More made up bullshit

Dreadful at bullshit.

Unread 30-11-2018, 12:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
in your dreams. Couldn’t rip paper you gobby little #@&%!

Put the post up and show us or is it a just a made up highlight in your diary?

“hyperthetical” my arse. More made up bullshit

Dreadful at bullshit.
Discussing Rashford playing under Fergie is hypothetical you completely mad bastard.

Unread 30-11-2018, 12:18 PM
Buck

Quote:
Discussing Rashford playing under Fergie is hypothetical you completely mad bastard.
Yeah but it's not hyperthetical

Unread 30-11-2018, 12:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I did say he was dreadful at this tbf.

Unread 30-11-2018, 12:23 PM
Lok

Quote:

David De Gea is clearly world class and I doubt there's a team in the world that wouldn't take him.

Other than that, spot on.

Unread 30-11-2018, 12:26 PM
andyroo

Good as that save was, even Dave isn't having a good season by his standards.

All just a coincidence I'm sure.

Unread 30-11-2018, 12:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
David De Gea is clearly world class and I doubt there's a team in the world that wouldn't take him.

Other than that, spot on.
I’d agree, although outsiders could argue De Gea has been great for an average side and struggled on the World Cup stage. Perhaps needs to win a few more big trophies to be considered world class.

Unread 30-11-2018, 12:40 PM
dragflick

Quote:
I’d agree, although outsiders could argue De Gea has been great for an average side and struggled on the World Cup stage. Perhaps needs to win a few more big trophies to be considered world class.

Course he's world class ffs.

Unread 30-11-2018, 12:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Course he's world class ffs.
Always good to have a ‘what does world class mean?’ debate

He’s not totally secure as Spain’s no1. That Chelsea bloke could get a chance.

Unread 30-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
in fact, it's exactly the opposite

Unread 30-11-2018, 01:54 PM
jem

Quote:
Always good to have a ‘what does world class mean?’ debate
if it doesn't mean de gea, it doesn't have a useful meaning.

Unread 30-11-2018, 02:13 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
This. Of course he is ffs, he's in the top 3 in the world.

Unread 30-11-2018, 02:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
For me you probably have to win the big stuff, play for one of the top sides in Europe etc.

I think DDG could play for one of the best sides, but if he finished his career tomorrow he may not be remembered as a great outside England.
Closed Thread