United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Spiffy

Default Tevez to cost us £37M

I don't believe the price wasn't agreed in advance. I don't think this story is true. If this is true however, I'm not sure he's worth anything like that. I'd rather see us use that money to get someone shit hot in midfield or a world class keeper.

Quote:
Striker Carlos Tevez will have a price tag of £37m slapped on him when his move to Manchester United is made permanent, making him one of the most expensive players ever. (Daily Express)
Thoughts?

Unread 13-03-2008, 10:43 AM
dontdopeas84

worth every penny

Unread 13-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Whalefish

It isn't true at all. The fee was agreed last Summer and the lad will sign a deal with Utd when his loan expires.

Not. Going. Anywhere.

Another article in a daily that can be put in the bin.

Unread 13-03-2008, 10:44 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

He is a good player but 37 million for a someone I can run faster than does appear a little excessive.

Unread 13-03-2008, 10:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

My thought, the story is bullshit.

Unread 13-03-2008, 11:10 AM
keano's love

even 20m is too much for tevez.

Unread 13-03-2008, 11:13 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
Swallow a big fat one Abdul

Unread 13-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
No. No it isn't.

Fuzzy Dunlop

I heard it was 45m if he appears in an advertisments. But that's hardly likely unless Count Chocula come knockin'.

keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Swallow a big fat one Abdul
ahh very original.

Unread 13-03-2008, 11:19 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
No. No it isn't.
Is it less then whaley?

Unread 13-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

While we're here, may I ask why did you change your name from sharath to 'keano's love'?
I mean Keano's love? Perhaps is sounds cool in pakistani or whatever you speak but in English it is shit and creepy.

Unread 13-03-2008, 11:21 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
While we're here, may I ask why did you change your name from sharath to 'keano's love'?
I mean Keano's love? Perhaps is sounds cool in pakistani or whatever you speak but in English it is shit and creepy.
my name is same... username I changed. because if you remember I was banned. Initially it said permanent. so i got in with new account. did you expect me to create another account with same name?

Unread 13-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
It's the forum equivalent of the steel hand in a silk glove or whatever the saying is. A nice guy who takes no shit. You're right though, it's a £#%&! name. Many of us have names that we made up as we registered and have that as an excuse, if you actually change your name it should be a good one at the very least.

Unread 13-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Is it less then whaley?
The loan deal is £10million. A fee was agreed back in the Summer circa £10million for his contract outright when the loan deal expires. It wasn't in principle and from what I've been told it's in the paperwork.

You can £#%&! yourself off over Torres all you like but most Utd fans I know, match going and otherwise, are more than happy that he's part of the squad. You can't have everyone.

Most of them are also aware that we didn't have the money for Torres in the Summer. Scousers did.

Unread 13-03-2008, 11:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The loan deal is £10million. A fee was agreed back in the Summer circa £10million for his contract outright when the loan deal expires. It wasn't in principle and from what I've been told it's in the paperwork.

You can £#%&! yourself off over Torres all you like but most Utd fans I know, match going and otherwise, are more than happy that he's part of the squad. You can't have everyone.

Most of them are also aware that we didn't have the money for Torres in the Summer. Scousers did.
Scores very important goals, works his arse off and is a class act. What's not to like?

Unread 13-03-2008, 11:27 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
It's the forum equivalent of the steel hand in a silk glove or whatever the saying is. A nice guy who takes no shit. You're right though, it's a £#%&! name. Many of us have names that we made up as we registered and have that as an excuse, if you actually change your name it should be a good one at the very least.
you have to have one. dunno what you were thinking when you got that username.

Unread 13-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Scores very important goals, works his arse off and is a class act. What's not to like?
I really don't understand the problem. Wayne and Tevez. Two very good strikers, although neither natural finishers. In Tevez's case he's scored 15 goals this season and chipped in with 8 assists. First season at OT, no break in 2 years etc etc.

We should have a pool of excellent strikers. So far we have two. That'll hopefully be addressed in the Summer although I'm not expecting a big name signing to arrive.

Unread 13-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
my name is same... username I changed. because if you remember I was banned. Initially it said permanent. so i got in with new account. did you expect me to create another account with same name?
Something not as shit as Keanos Love would been better. Sounds like somesort of prison sex act.

Unread 13-03-2008, 11:34 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Something not as shit as Keanos Love would been better. Sounds like somesort of prison sex act.

I like it. You liked what american warriors did in Iraq, didn't you?
Closed Thread