United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-04-2008, 09:27 AM
puressence

Default this pfa team of the season ..forgive me for being slighty biased but wtf

gael clichy in over evra ..is someone taking the piss

Unread 28-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Whalefish

The difference in quality between the two of them is small IMO. Very small. RTS, I'd always pick Evra but Clichy is a very good full back and had an excellent season.

I think his final ball is better than Evra's for what it's worth but I think Evra's a better defender.

Unread 28-04-2008, 09:33 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The difference in quality between the two of them is small IMO. Very small. RTS, I'd always pick Evra but Clichy is a very good full back and had an excellent season.

I think his final ball is better than Evra's for what it's worth but I think Evra's a better defender.
clichy isnt a bad defender but evra is possibly the best l/b in europe atm

Unread 28-04-2008, 09:35 AM
S/Side.Red

Obviously we are biased but I think Evra should be in the side.

But Gerrard's inclusion is the biggest joke. Also tediously predictable.

Unread 28-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Ether

Quote:

Yep, agree with that. Both fantastic players who've had wonderful seasons.

I'd personally give Evra the nod, but I've seen far more of him than I have Clichy

Unread 28-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

But Gerrard's inclusion is the biggest joke. Also tediously predictable.
Yup.

Unread 28-04-2008, 09:41 AM
keano's love

Clichy's crossing is very good, better than evra and he has played consistently throughout the season without any rest. Evra is better at defending though.

I don't think you can argue with that selection. Both are excellent fullbacks.

What I do doubt is how the £#%&! young and gerrard are in there?

Hleb and carrick/essien should be in there. Although the way carrick chickens out in tough games its difficult to argue his case.

Unread 28-04-2008, 09:45 AM
puressence

personnally think young is a brilliant player

Unread 28-04-2008, 09:47 AM
FredtheRed

Quote:
Yup.
Hate to burst the bubble, but hasn't he scored over 20 goals this season?

Unread 28-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Serenity Now

Wasn't Stevie G in there last season as well? FFS

Unread 28-04-2008, 10:03 AM
dontdopeas84

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
personnally think young is a brilliant player
i agree he has had an awesome season and one possibly for fergie to look at as a possible replacement for giggs, i know we have nani but if fergie bought young i think he would be a starter for england also

Unread 28-04-2008, 10:08 AM
marlo stansfield

clichy is as good as evra imo.

did anyone notice his energy levels in the arsenal game at home and he is lightening quick.

i would have said evra has had a better season but you have to remember that arsenal were top for majority of the season especially around january when the votes were cast.

Unread 28-04-2008, 10:08 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdopeas84
i agree he has had an awesome season and one possibly for fergie to look at as a possible replacement for giggs, i know we have nani but if fergie bought young i think he would be a starter for england also
deffo mate think young imho is alot better than nani

Unread 28-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
Hleb and carrick/essien should be in there. Although the way carrick chickens out in tough games its difficult to argue his case.
Carrick has really only been playing his best football for maybe 60% of the season, has not always featured in the big matches, and has produced very little of note in the final third (OPTA give him two assists and one goal in the league this season, none in the Champions League).

Essien has only really started performing to the kind of standard expected of him fairly recently. Prior to this he was well below the level he displayed last season. So not really a surprise he's not there.

Agree on Hleb though. A bit strange that he's not included. Particularly when you consider when the voting takes place.

Unread 28-04-2008, 10:23 AM
puressence

and for the record gerrard well deserves to be in that team by a country mile

Unread 28-04-2008, 10:23 AM
believe

Quote:

Unread 28-04-2008, 10:31 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
You seriously can't think of two better central midfielders than Gerrard?

Unread 28-04-2008, 10:36 AM
believe

what is the full team?

Unread 28-04-2008, 10:36 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
You seriously can't think of two better central midfielders than Gerrard?
consistancy over a season ..no .. hes a £#%&!ing great player id love him at utd

Unread 28-04-2008, 10:40 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Wasn't Stevie G in there last season as well? FFS
And he'll be in there next season, too.
Closed Thread