United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 27-01-2021, 11:49 PM
triple sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Last season was his best and this season was a chance to kick on. Ole likes him and that front slot up front was his.

A bit of leeway for a slow start, but that’s long gone now. When a new signing comes in and challenges, it’s fight or flight. Shaw has risen to the challenge of Telles being here and made that spot his own. Martial should be displaying the same attitude, but if he’s going to saunter back after giving the ball away yet again, at a crucial stage of a crucial match, he really have no excuses and no friends left.

And I’m a fan.
Agree with this, spot on

Unread 27-01-2021, 11:49 PM
MUFC One Love

Greenwood getting taken off was the easy option. We all know who should have been taken off.

Unread 27-01-2021, 11:54 PM
Patty_b

I think Martial is a player that needs to play his way into form. The problem is that he isn't, he's getting £#%&!ing worse. Less and less of a goal threat every game. Although to be fair he did get one robbed off him tonight by that goofy no-mark @#%&! ref that couldn't wait to blow his whistle every time a Sheffield United player fell to the ground.

Only real option is now to drop him, but can't see that happening for more than a game with amount of fixtures coming thick and fast. Best we can hope for is that he can at least start contributing the bare minimum expected (which isn't a lot now) til the end of the season and he can be replaced.

Unread 28-01-2021, 12:24 AM
AK14

3 league goals all season

One of which was an OG

Shocking.

Unread 28-01-2021, 12:37 AM
dunk

Unread 28-01-2021, 12:39 AM
Tronics

tbf to him none of our strikers look amazing, we don't play good enough football to get the best out of them imo

they all have to produce individual moments of brilliance to score a goal, you rarely see any of our strikes scoring tap-ins.

and our selection and tactics was all over the place. today was a good example. if you're going to play against a side like Sheff United why play BOTH Martial & Rashford? doesn't make sense.

if you're gonna play Telles at fullback to get crosses in the box why isn't Cavani playing?

it just doesn't make any sense.

Unread 28-01-2021, 12:50 AM
Hyman_Roth

Watching Martial give his usual 40% makes me want to kill myself. It’s that simple.

Unread 28-01-2021, 01:01 AM
ScarFace

Oh £#%&! off Norway Lampard.

Keep Ighalo and send bitch face to China.

Unread 28-01-2021, 01:53 AM
JamesPolk

Sorry, but Traffic Cone would have offered more than Martial tonight and in most games this season. United should sell this lazy c*** in the sumer.

I'm already dreading it that Ole is going to start him vs Arsenal on the weekend. How this c*** is one of Ole's favorites I will never know.

Unread 28-01-2021, 01:57 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
Sorry, but Traffic Cone would have offered more than Martial tonight and in most games this season. United should sell this lazy c*** in the sumer.

I'm already dreading it that Ole is going to start him vs Arsenal on the weekend. How this c*** is one of Ole's favorites I will never know.
Doesn't have much choice, does he?

Greenwood still a kid, Cavani one fall away from breaking his calcium deficient wrist. What's that welsh midget's name we bought? Him.

Hopefully he finds a bit of form and, if Ole has any sense, he bins him off in the summer.

He'll do a job on and off for the remainder of his career. Not the kind of forward we should be investing any more time and money in.

Unread 28-01-2021, 03:31 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
3 league goals all season

One of which was an OG

Shocking.
remember reading that he also has 1 tackle and zero interceptions to his name. He contributes nothing.

I wouldn't be too surprised if he leads the league on possession lost though.

I just don't see how "he's good in training" can be a justification for starting a player who has done nothing all season.

Unread 28-01-2021, 10:07 AM
Jethro

He simply can't read the game. He isn't on the same wave length as other players in the team. The amount of times in the past few weeks Shaw has bombed forward only to have Martial flat footed as the ball rolls into empty space is shocking.

His main attribute is running at defenders, which he is good at, but that's about it.

New club in the Summer.

Unread 28-01-2021, 10:13 AM
Coracao

25 years old, almost 250 games in...and we're still hoping he finds a bit of desire.

Can't wait for his seventh season.

Unread 28-01-2021, 10:23 AM
shenwen

Him sat on his arse for five minutes after a tackle (and didn't he go down again later in the half?) sums him up.

I've been on his case for seasons, but secretly hoping he would eventually prove me wrong. Not going to happen is it? Time to move him on.

Unread 28-01-2021, 10:31 AM
Jack Duckworth

a flaky, unreliable waster. no, not cream, but tony martial!

get rid of him!

Unread 28-01-2021, 10:39 AM
est.1878

Give psg a bell..

Unread 28-01-2021, 10:40 AM
Vedder

The lad is talented but you need more. There’s no £#%&!ing desire. I’m beginning to despise the @#%&! tbh

Unread 28-01-2021, 10:43 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
The funny thing is he’s playing no worse than Rashford at the moment but hes just not scoring or being a threat on goal

He needs time out from the starting lineup tbh Cavani should just start all the time, simple as

I could have predicted i'd log on to this thread and see some £#%&!ing bullshit from Tronics. So he's not playing 'any worse than Rashford' - who by the way is actually getting goals and assists - but in the next sentence Martial is 'just not scoring or being a threat on goal'.

Isn't that his £#%&!ing job

Would happily £#%&! him out the club after his performance last night and generally this season. Disgusting attitude. Some players can get away with a 'languid' style because they actually produce the goods, but can someone tell me the point of this lazy #@&%!head? Plenty of players had off games last night but when you see bruno sprinting back trying to get a block in for their 2nd goal while this shit head is standing there like it's a training drill, it really does make you wonder if he's ever going to 'make it'.

A purple patch last season it seemse. Needs replacing in the summer. And why ole didn't start Edi is beyond me.

Come good? Like Coracaoers said at what £#%&!ing point is that going to happen after 6 or 7 years at the club?

Unread 28-01-2021, 10:47 AM
Parlabane

The minimum expectation for any player is 100% effort especially when they're in a bad run of form.

Fair enough all players have a dip, and this can be forgiven if the workrate is there to make up for other short comings.

Rooney often went weeks without scoring but he always bust a gut tracking back - arguably he did this to much but still....

Martial has all the talent, but if hes not going to work hard, sorry there's the door - we're nowhere near good enough to carry passengers and he's nowhere near good enough to be a passenger anyway

Unread 28-01-2021, 11:09 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
I kinda get the impression Ole is forced to play Martial by those above him because of Martial's potential/price

As for me:

I alluded to it above, but the following is what I meant (the Galzers getting involved in squad management).

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...e-ole-15807214

Is it true? Dunno. But it explains a lot; in fact, it explains EVERYTHING, and I choose to believe it.

Obvioulsy: feel free to dismiss it as bullshit