United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He’s a flaky shit but he’s got great talent & shown he can do it consistently last season. Help him find that the way Pogba is reviving his form & expressing himself. A confident team will deliver us something amazing, one carrying slapped arses won’t. I honestly think Ole’s rotation & man management is the biggest key to success this season than any one player carrying us.
Don’t be daft. Knee jerk. Get rid.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:09 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
‘Lump him in with Martial’

They’re both suffering from the same issues.

Cavani has been shit the vast majority of his time on the pitch too, but you like him...
One is teenager in his second season, A player that shouldn’t be relied upon when chasing a title.

The other is a 25 yr old full international that’s been at the club for 6(?) years

Hardly the same is it...

Cavani is a 33(?) yr old coming off a long term injury and has been at the club a few months and even then he’s done well when started. Again hardly the same.

Not the first time this kind of form has happened to Martial here either is it.

Poor form lumping a kid like Greenwood in with him imo.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:10 AM
Baron

Quote:
Don’t be daft. Knee jerk. Get rid.
It’s easier to just see us as shit for clicks isn’t it. Football is a different game these days, it’s not better. But it can be hard to find the joy, don’t need to shit on the players who can get us of our sofas. There’s something a bit scary about every player clicking in our first choice attack, it’ll happen soon & someone will receive six of our best. Optimism right now.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:11 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
One is teenager in his second season, A player that shouldn’t be relied upon when chasing a title.

The other is a 25 yr old full international that’s been at the club for 6(?) years

Hardly the same is it...

Cavani is a 33(?) yr old coming off a long term injury and has been at the club a few months and even then he’s done well when started. Again hardly the same.

Not the first time this kind of form has happened to Martial here either is it.

Poor form lumping a kid like Greenwood in with him imo.
The ‘lumping’ is coming from you due to your anti-Martial agenda.

Both are suffering from a lack of form and confidence, can happen at 19, can happen at 30, equates to the same thing, I’m not criticising either of them. I’m saying both need patience. It’s just unfortunate it’s happening to both at the same time.

Quote:
It’s easier to just see us as shit for clicks isn’t it. Football is a different game these days, it’s not better. But it can be hard to find the joy, don’t need to shit on the players who can get us of our sofas. There’s something a bit scary about every player clicking in our first choice attack, it’ll happen soon & someone will receive six of our best. Optimism right now.

Hoping Diallo comes in and lights things up, offers a new dimension and takes the spotlight a bit

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:13 AM
AK14

Quote:
He’s a flaky shit but he’s got great talent & shown he can do it consistently last season. Help him find that the way Pogba is reviving his form & expressing himself. A confident team will deliver us something amazing, one carrying slapped arses won’t. I honestly think Ole’s rotation & man management is the biggest key to success this season than any one player carrying us.
Great for a few month nqat

But other than that he’s been largely inconsistent during his time here and I thought the penny finally dropped during that few months last season but here we are again. We can’t keep carrying him for 6 months of a season.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:17 AM
Baron

Quote:
Great for a few month nqat

But other than that he’s been largely inconsistent during his time here and I thought the penny finally dropped during that few months last season but here we are again. We can’t keep carrying him for 6 months of a season.
I’d move him left, rotate him & Rashford & upgrade on the striker. We need a 30 a season beast, just clear as day to me. But there’s no need to lose talent, one that can do some great things but won’t recoup £50m or whatever he’s cost.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:19 AM
AK14

Quote:
The ‘lumping’ is coming from you due to your anti-Martial agenda.

Both are suffering from a lack of form and confidence, can happen at 19, can happen at 30, equates to the same thing, I’m not criticising either of them. I’m saying both need patience. It’s just unfortunate it’s happening to both at the same time.

Hoping Diallo comes in and lights things up, offers a new dimension and takes the spotlight a bit
You’re using a 19 year old kids form in his second full season to paper over Martials poor form.

Stop trying compare them as equals, it’s ridiculous.

If I have a anti martial agenda does that mean you have a pro martial agenda?

When he finally looked like he was becoming the player we all expected at the end of last season i praised him, yet when he’s playing shit you’re creating lame excuses and trying to hide his poor form in with all the other forwards that have genuine reasons why they’re not playing that good.

Quote:
I’d move him left, rotate him & Rashford & upgrade on the striker. We need a 30 a season beast, just clear as day to me. But there’s no need to lose talent, one that can do some great things but won’t recoup £50m or whatever he’s cost.
Agree.

Genuinely think it’s how we’ll get the best out of him

Make him play for his place.

Problem then is we’ve all seen he goes the other way when challenged and has done even under Ole.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:22 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
You’re using a 19 year old kids form in his second full season to paper over Martials poor form.

When he finally looked like he was becoming the player we all expected at the end of last season i praised him, yet when he’s playing shit you’re creating lame excuses and trying to hide his poor form in with all the other forwards that have genuine reasons why they’re not playing that good.

I love Tony. Please lay off him, it’s like a knife in my heart every time you insult him

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:24 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

I love Tony. Please lay off him, it’s like a knife in my heart every time you insult him
Does that mean you have a pro martial heart agenda?

Edit

That’s pretty shit tbf

Proper Charlie Nicholas attempt at a comeback that

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:26 AM
dunk

Quote:

Again, I’m not criticising either of them, you want me to.

You seem hell bent on wanting me to whine like a hysterical little bitch about an out of form player that won’t and can’t be sold as we have no replacement for him and won’t be signing one, and could find form at any moment, because that’s what you want to do.

An extremely talented and pacey forward, of which we are extremely limited in number, and our top scorer from last season, because you want to have a hissy fit that he’s not playing well?

2 weeks ago you were still trying to tell everyone Luke Shaw is shit. Gtfo.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:27 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Does that mean you have a pro martial heart agenda?

Edit

That’s pretty shit tbf

Proper Charlie Nicholas attempt at a comeback that
As a master of martial hearts, it was appreciated Daniel-Son.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:31 AM
AK14

Quote:
Again, I’m not criticising either of them, you want me to.

You seem hell bent on wanting me to whine like a hysterical little bitch about an out of form player
Genuinely stopped reading there because that’s wrong.

You’re defending a player that’s been shit and making poor excuses for him because you’ve (surprise, surprise) got an agenda and i find it £#%&!ing boring.

Pointless carrying on any discussion with you because it’ll only end one way and that’s you getting all hissy like some teenage girl.

Away with you.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
Genuinely stopped reading there because that’s wrong.

You’re defending a player that’s been shit and making poor excuses for him because you’ve (surprise, surprise) got an agenda and i find it £#%&!ing boring.

Pointless carrying on any discussion with you because it’ll only end one way and that’s you getting all hissy like some teenage girl.

Away with you.
No, you’re wrong about all of it. As always. And then you try to project your behaviour. Pathetic tbh.

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:38 AM
AK14

Quote:
No, you’re wrong about all of it. As always. And then you try to project your behaviour. Pathetic tbh.
It was you that got hissy over a £#%&!ing joke and called me a #@&%! in the match thread you tit (I am tbf)

Also you’re using a suspension from September as an excuse for a player being in poor form mid jan

Unread 21-01-2021, 12:39 AM
Cream

He’ll learn so much from watching 34 yr old cavani run his %@#$&!s off.

Unread 21-01-2021, 08:31 AM
Mr_Ed

I’ve come to the conclusion that, in our formation, the two wide players who play in the 3 with Fernandes tend not to play very well except the odd game.

Rashford stinks on the left. Greenwood is stinking on the right but whoever plays the ‘9’ tends to do OK.

Playing a striker / forward essentially wide left or wide right isn’t going to get the best results consistently IMHO.

Unread 21-01-2021, 09:02 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He’ll learn so much from watching 34 yr old cavani run his %@#$&!s off.
But he won't.

He walks around sulking.

If I was Shaw I'd have told him to do one last night. Shaw was good again.

Unread 21-01-2021, 09:49 AM
92ToBury

Our best option down the left at the moment is Rashford. However, if Cavani plays up front, we’re better off with Rashford down the right putting balls in early for Cavani to get on the end of.

Unread 21-01-2021, 10:14 AM
believe

Still rusty imo

Unread 21-01-2021, 10:19 AM
Hyman_Roth

Just needs time imo.