United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-02-2014, 05:21 AM
croberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I find Facebook pretty useful as a communications portal for people you do want to stay in touch with, but don't see. However, I got sick of all the other stuff that goes along with it, so I just unfollowed all but 3 or 4 people who I know aren't going to post anything annoying.
I deleted mine years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. I cant stand it.

I could see it being useful in the manner you describe, but otherwise I think it's ridiculous.

Unread 10-02-2014, 05:22 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
This. It's good for me as well being an ex pat as it's easy to keep in touch with folk I don't see anymore so much. Plus I've met some good friends on the road and now again they are coming close to me or me to them and it's an easy way to get in touch and organise going for a beer with them.
'Unfollow' is a great tool tho, for those people whose status updates and the like you don't care to see. You're still friends with them and they don't know you've unfollowed them.

Unread 10-02-2014, 05:24 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
'Unfollow' is a great tool tho, for those people whose status updates and the like you don't care to see. You're still friends with them and they don't know you've unfollowed them.
I think this might be an idea for my drag queen cousin

Unread 10-02-2014, 05:28 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
I think this might be an idea for my drag queen cousin
I unfollowed my own brother, as he likes to fight political battles on Facebook and I don't like getting dragged in. Every now and then he'll say 'Did you see that picture I posted on Facebook?' and I'll just say 'Yeah it was great' and change the subject.

Unread 10-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise
got a £#%&!in cousin who i hardly know, same surname as me but never seen or heard of him for about 40 years.

anyway I met him at a funeral recently and he's added me to his fb friends, I didnt even know he was a blue @#%&!

he passes snidey £#%&!in comment on every post I make about united the @#%&!, would I be out of order to smash £#%&! out of him at the next funeral?
unfriend him and make sure the next funeral you see him at is his own.

next week.
Closed Thread