Closed Thread

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:19 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
that made me chortle.
Yes, it was hilarious.

The bottom line:

This thread is too much. Using a memorial game for a kid who died a couple of years ago as an excuse to peddle you usual anti fc bile is pretty £#%&!ing low.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:24 AM
El Calafate

this pro-fc, anti-fc stance is getting £#%&!ing tiresome. please leave it off the board please as it's £#%&!ing boring. nft.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:25 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
this pro-fc, anti-fc stance is getting £#%&!ing tiresome. please leave it off the board please as it's £#%&!ing boring. nft.
no shit. trouble is, it is pretty much off the board until hotspot shows up.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Qwertyuiop

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Good morning El Calafate.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:27 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhjh
One of the most salient points of the whole Glazer and FC debate is that the key spokespeople for MUFC supporters for the 10 years from 1995-2005, got involved in FC United.
This left a vacuum for quarter-wits like this #@&%!head and Andrew Kilduff to become representatives of the OT support.
It's a good job that we still have the fanzines to provide a representation of the true quality of United supporters.
Surprised that Pete Boyle lets someone like this represent part of his franchise.
Agree wholeheartedly.

The creation of FC didn’t just mean that 2,000 people pissed off – it meant the loss of a credible voice from our support.

In many ways, FC was the worst thing that could have happened to those of us left at United who remain concerned with where the club is heading.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:29 AM
armchair

credible to who exactly keith?

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:30 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Agree wholeheartedly.

The creation of FC didn’t just mean that 2,000 people pissed off – it meant the loss of a credible voice from our support.

In many ways, FC was the worst thing that could have happened to those of us left at United who remain concerned with where the club is heading.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment Keith old chap, I fear that even you fall in to the trap of seeing two sides to this when there are not. I go to FC with a number of mates and of us only 2 boycott OT and the rest still hold Season Tickets. FC is not a side you pick instead of united, it is an extension of the manchester united family. If United can have a first team, a reserve team and a variety of youth teams then can i not have a fans team?

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:32 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
credible to who exactly keith?
Is it not possible that you could just close this thread now?

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Spiffy

Ban that @#%&! Hotpot, has he ever made a positive contribution to the forum of even started a well meaning debate? No, he just causes trouble.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:40 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Ban that @#%&! Hotpot, has he ever made a positive contribution to the forum of even started a well meaning debate? No, he just causes trouble.
I doubt he'll be banned. The concensus tends to be on here is that there are trouble causers on both 'sides', remember?

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:41 AM
My Name is Keith

Credible to me and people like me.

There can be no denying that since FC was created, very few MUFC supporter issues get aired in the press and the club know there won't be any real protest from supporters. There are few left who can galvanise opinion and question the club. Divide and conquer.

Things like ticket pricing and the introduction of the automatic cup scheme have occurred with barely a whimper from the stands. Our support has lost some of it's 'talking heads' (to FC) which must please the club immensely.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:42 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Credible to me and people like me.

There can be no denying that since FC was created, very few MUFC supporter issues get aired in the press and the club know there won't be any real protest from supporters. There are few left who can galvanise opinion and question the club. Divide and conquer.

Things like ticket pricing and the introduction of the automatic cup scheme have occurred with barely a whimper from the stands. Our support has lost some of it's 'talking heads' (to FC) which must please the club immensely.
Those that are left didn't buy any pies at Fulham though.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:44 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I doubt he'll be banned. The concensus tends to be on here is that there are trouble causers on both 'sides', remember?
He was banned before you made your sarky remark. Lowest form of humour especially when done so stupidly.

But well done in rushing in blindly.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:45 AM
m14red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Those that are left didn't buy any pies at Fulham though.
Now now. United we stand.

That campaign got press coverage, raising the issue of ticket prices again and showing other fans who might have been unhappy that protests could be organised to raise attention to our collective plight.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:47 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m14red
Now now. United we stand.

That campaign got press coverage, raising the issue of ticket prices again and showing other fans who might have been unhappy that protests could be organised to raise attention to our collective plight.
But didn't it still sell out at £42 a ticket? Twice more than the previous game? In my reckoning that means everyone paid for about 7/8 pies before they even got into the ground. It was a typical bullshit statement from the ffw group.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:50 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He was banned before you made your sarky remark. Lowest form of humour especially when done so stupidly.

But well done in rushing in blindly.
I didn't rush anywhere blindly, I've made my feelings known plenty of times.

I am surprised you banned him, it's not like he's not overstepped the mark before is it?

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:50 AM
LH_88

Shitloads of fans bought pies at Fulham. So much for a protest.

We need a fans figurehead. Someone who people respect and will listen to and who can get their views across to a wide range of fans. Not just those who read the forums.

We haven't got anyone or any group who can do that.

Look at £#%&!ers like Tufty. They spend time making shit flags when they could be using the time and money to do something which will benefit the fans in the fight against our owners/club.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:52 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH_88
Shitloads of fans bought pies at Fulham. So much for a protest.

We need a fans figurehead. Someone who people respect and will listen to and who can get their views across to a wide range of fans. Not just those who read the forums.

We haven't anyone or any group who can do that.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:57 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I didn't rush anywhere blindly, I've made my feelings known plenty of times.

I am surprised you banned him, it's not like he's not overstepped the mark before is it?
Fair enough. You're right. Saying someone won't be banned AFTER they are banned is very insightful.

Unread 31-07-2007, 11:58 AM
m14red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
But didn't it still sell out at £42 a ticket? Twice more than the previous game? In my reckoning that means everyone paid for about 7/8 pies before they even got into the ground. It was a typical bullshit statement from the ffw group.
you seem to be missing my point. everyone knows if you are still going you are part of the problem and in that respect are only ever making statements of protest. that was all the pie thing was. got in the paper, bit more coverage. better than nowt is all I am arguing.

people seem to be imagining that before FC and before glazer took over there was this big happy family, where 60,000 home fans or 3,000 away fans all stood as one whenever any issue arose. that is %@#$&!s. people seem happy to poke fun at any protest now, while imagining some sort of nirvana pre-FC.
Closed Thread