United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2007, 01:51 PM
utd for ever

Default Tevez Saga Nears End

Peace breaks out as Tevez parties try to avoid court showdown

The Carlos Tevez row could be settled without a High Court battle it emerged today, paving the way for the striker to seal his £20million move to Manchester United.

Businessman Kia Joorabchian decided on Tuesday to sue West Ham rather than go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in a bid to force the club to release the Argentine's registration.

However, the signs today are that both sides are working on a draft agreement which would satisfy them and the Premier League.

If the matter were to go to the High Court then the loser would be forced to pay substantial costs and there is also the chance the case would drag on past the 31 August transfer deadline, meaning Tevez would not be able to leave until the turn of the year.

West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson, who inherited the Tevez issue when his consortium took over the club last November, is keen to move on, while Joorabchian and the Premier League are also eager to resolve the saga.

Unread 27-07-2007, 01:52 PM
El Calafate

well blow me! nft.

Sparky***

What a surprise, west ham don't fancy having a light shined in all their dark crevices.

The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever
Peace breaks out as Tevez parties try to avoid court showdown

The Carlos Tevez row could be settled without a High Court battle it emerged today, paving the way for the striker to seal his £20million move to Manchester United.

Businessman Kia Joorabchian decided on Tuesday to sue West Ham rather than go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in a bid to force the club to release the Argentine's registration.

However, the signs today are that both sides are working on a draft agreement which would satisfy them and the Premier League.

If the matter were to go to the High Court then the loser would be forced to pay substantial costs and there is also the chance the case would drag on past the 31 August transfer deadline, meaning Tevez would not be able to leave until the turn of the year.

West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson, who inherited the Tevez issue when his consortium took over the club last November, is keen to move on, while Joorabchian and the Premier League are also eager to resolve the saga.
Linky poos, please?

Unread 27-07-2007, 01:54 PM
utd for ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Linky poos, please?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1779

Unread 27-07-2007, 01:55 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever
I thank you

Unread 27-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Whalefish

Unread 27-07-2007, 01:59 PM
bored

20 million including his wages

Unread 27-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Camel

looks like koppas has dropped the ball on this one. first day in charge of the tevez thread too

Unread 27-07-2007, 02:24 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
looks like koppas has dropped the ball on this one. first day in charge of the tevez thread too

Unread 27-07-2007, 02:26 PM
violater

koppas sending a print out of the article in a bottle he will place on the river thames and hope its gets to antonin.

Unread 27-07-2007, 02:37 PM
naes_sean

wake me up when this is all over :

Unread 27-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Whalefish

Won't be long now....

Unread 27-07-2007, 02:40 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Won't be long now....
hope your right mate. Hope your right

Unread 29-07-2007, 04:06 AM
Serenity Now

Jamie Jackson
Sunday July 29, 2007
The Observer

Carlos Tevez will join Manchester United 'this week' according to a source closely involved with the dispute. After lawyers for Just Sports Inc and MSI, the companies that claim ownership the Argentina forward, served a writ on the club last Wednesday the affair appeared to be heading for the High Court. But Observer Sport understands all sides wish to avoid that route.

West Ham have met the Premier League at least twice since Wednesday to try to find a resolution. On Friday morning Dave Richards, the League's chairman, agreed a proposal with the club that will end the matter if it is sanctioned by the Premier League board when it sits tomorrow. By Tuesday it should be known if the 'peace deal' has been agreed to, with all sides hopeful that it will be.

This is why Kia Joorabchian, who represents JSI and MSI, was reported yesterday as saying that the matter could be settled away from the courts. However, he has not been made aware of the proposal's details. One theory is that West Ham will seek compensation before agreeing to release the player's registration, although this could be a token amount of around £100,000.

Unread 29-07-2007, 09:02 AM
dunk

I don't think United, Tevez or MSI were in any particular rush, they all knew Tevez was going to be on holiday until the 6th August anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if he had already had his medical as well, as the outcome of this was never in doubt.

Unread 29-07-2007, 10:47 AM
legendary saf

Anderson is coming back aswell from his extended break this week, any chance of both being presented in the same press conference?

Unread 29-07-2007, 11:00 AM
MJ Ramone

I'll still believe it when I see it.
'Sources close to the Tevez camp' have had a lot to say over the past month & West Ham/The Premier League have poured cold water on it every single time.

I'll be very surprised if he travels down to Wembley with the lads next weekend let's put it that way.

Unread 29-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'll still believe it when I see it.
'Sources close to the Tevez camp' have had a lot to say over the past month & West Ham/The Premier League have poured cold water on it every single time.

I'll be very surprised if he travels down to Wembley with the lads next weekend let's put it that way.
Rossi will bang in a hattrick at wembley next weekend anyway.

Unread 29-07-2007, 11:31 AM
legendary saf

Man Utd boss Ferguson to have Tevez for Community Shield

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson WILL have Carlos Tevez available for this week's Community Shield encounter with Chelsea.

Tevez will join Manchester United "this week" according to a source closely involved with the dispute, says the Observer.

After lawyers for Just Sports Inc and MSI, the companies that claim ownership the Argentina forward, served a writ on the club last Wednesday the affair appeared to be heading for the High Court.

But it's reported all sides wish to avoid that route.

West Ham have met the Premier League at least twice since Wednesday to try to find a resolution. On Friday morning Dave Richards, the League's chairman, agreed a proposal with the club that will end the matter if it is sanctioned by the Premier League board when it sits tomorrow. By Tuesday it should be known if the 'peace deal' has been agreed to, with all sides hopeful that it will be
Closed Thread