United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2007, 04:00 PM
sdrawkcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Rossi is a natural born goal scorer, Rooney and Tevez aren't.

Players develop at different rates. Scholes and Becks weren't England stars at the age of 20 they were just making their marks at Man Utd.

If Rossi doesn't make it, we might as well scrap our reserves because he has been head and shoulder the best reserve player over the past few years, completely untouchable.
Disagree.

But if he is, then he's not the sort of player we need due to the way we play.

Unread 25-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Luffy

I dont mean goal ratios, I just mean he is the type of player who will get goals at every level, he's one of those rare players who will always score goals. Similar players are Shearer, Owen, Ruud, Fat Ronaldo. Even if they play badly or have a bad season, they still bang the goals in somehow.

I can just see that in Rossi. Don't see it in many players, certainly none of our other players have it.

Doesnt mean other strikers cant score more or be fantastic etc. But people like Eto'o, Tevez or Torres dont give me the same impression. Great strikers and goal scorers, but the above players look like they were born to put the ball in the net. Small difference maybe.

Unread 25-07-2007, 04:32 PM
sdrawkcab

Quote:
I dont mean goal ratios, I just mean he is the type of player who will get goals at every level, he's one of those rare players who will always score goals. Similar players are Shearer, Owen, Ruud, Fat Ronaldo. Even if they play badly or have a bad season, they still bang the goals in somehow.

I can just see that in Rossi. Don't see it in many players, certainly none of our other players have it.

Doesnt mean other strikers cant score more or be fantastic etc. But people like Eto'o, Tevez or Torres dont give me the same impression. Great strikers and goal scorers, but the above players look like they were born to put the ball in the net. Small difference maybe.
For 5 season's we had one of those players (Ruud) and won 1 title.
We won 8 of the 10 previous titles without a player like that.
We have won 1 out of 1 since he left.

Team > Player.

Unread 25-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrawkcab

Team > Player.
um....so? are you suggesting rossi is like ruud? you may be on the wrong page here mister.

I'm not even gonna bother explaining to you cos you already know what I'd say.

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:04 PM
sdrawkcab

Quote:
um....so? are you suggesting rossi is like ruud? you may be on the wrong page here mister.

I'm not even gonna bother explaining to you cos you already know what I'd say.
That was you. Maybe not in style but in substance. All goals, no play.

Doesn't work, does it?

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:08 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:

Doesn't work, does it?

I doubt Rossi will make it at United in the long run but it's a little unfair to suggest the play will be static with Rossi in the team, he's more than a little Zola-esque in his style of play, it's his physicality that's in question for me.

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Luffy

Quote:

Doesn't work, does it?
just because I said he is a natural born goal scorer doesn't mean thats all he can do ...come on man. Fat Ronaldo has loads to his game. Don't add extra meaning to my posts.

Its only Ruud who stands in the box waiting for the ball delivered to the tip of his toe, at which points is a gamble if he will actually finish, get it off target, hit the keeper or get tackled.

Rossi isn't like that at all. Rossi could be fantastic in the Eric role for us, but I also think he's the most natural goal scorer we've got. He's got loads to his game.

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:11 PM
sdrawkcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I doubt Rossi will make it at United in the long run but it's a little unfair to suggest the play will be static with Rossi in the team, he's more than a little Zola-esque in his style of play, it's his physicality that's in question for me.
Wasn't my suggestion.

Someone else said he looks like the kind of player that could have a bad season and still score a lot of goals.

No team has won the Premiership like that.

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:13 PM
sdrawkcab

Quote:
just because I said he is a natural born goal scorer doesn't mean thats all he can do ...come on man. Fat Ronaldo has loads to his game. Don't add extra meaning to my posts.

Its only Ruud who stands in the box waiting for the ball delivered to the tip of his toe, at which points is a gamble if he will actually finish, get it off target, hit the keeper or get tackled.

Rossi isn't like that at all. Rossi could be fantastic in the Eric role for us, but I also think he's the most natural goal scorer we've got. He's got loads to his game.
You said he could have a bad season and still score lots of goals.

He could be good in the Eric role now? Make your mind up... but if he wants to play there, he faces competition from Rooney, Ronaldo, Anderson and mybe Tevez.

Bye bye Giuseppe

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Wasn't my suggestion.

Someone else said he looks like the kind of player that could have a bad season and still score a lot of goals.

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

eussi der ekil ylbirroh smees daerht siht of chum

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:20 PM
sdrawkcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Don't go on both then if you don't like it

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:21 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
?sdrawkcab gnitirw uoy era yhw

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Don't go on both then if you don't like it
where did it say I a/ went on both, or b/ didn't like it

Credit for your assumption that i didn't like it is due though, admittedly. How long before the rest of the pointlessly argumentative £#%&!ers join us here?

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
?sdrawkcab gnitirw uoy era yhw
stegrat my kcip i

gnol rof pu siht peek tnac i

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:29 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Wasn't my suggestion.

Furry muff.

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Rossi is a natural born goal scorer, Rooney and Tevez aren't.
Oh Jesus!

Unread 25-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Oh Jesus!

He isnt! He's no clinical goal poacher now is he?

There are players who can become fantastic strikers, and there are players who are just born to put the ball in the net. quite rare but its a prolificness you cant train.

we'll see!

Unread 25-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Retire it in honour of Paul Ince.

Unread 25-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:

Team > Player.
Spot on
Closed Thread