Originally Posted by sdrawkcab
Neither. Should get Anelka.
We won't. nft.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:14 PM
sdrawkcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
We won't. nft.
Well we need a striker to play up with Rooney.

Rossi ffs?

With those two as our strike force, we'd be lucky to reach 50 goals.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Well we need a striker to play up with Rooney.

Rossi ffs?

With those two as our strike force, we'd be lucky to reach 50 goals.
We'll sign Tevez. If not we have Saha if he's ever fit along with Giggs, Ronnie and possibly Anderson able to play off Rooney.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:48 PM
sdrawkcab

Quote:
We'll sign Tevez. If not we have Saha if he's ever fit along with Giggs, Ronnie and possibly Anderson able to play off Rooney.
Therein lies the problem.

Rooney not a striker, he is the player that plays off the striker.

(see the last 5 years).

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:52 PM
violater

people seem to think rossi is some great player being overlooked by our manager...

are you idiots blind?

why isnt rossi a member of the italian senior team when most "outstanding" players his age are in their full teams?
why has saf and cq after following rossis progress since he came to the club shown more faith in him?
why didnt he succeed at newcastle where a neutral manager who watched him in training etc didnt think he was good enough?
where is this evidence of how good he is when for our first team he has been no better than average everytime?

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Therein lies the problem.

Rooney not a striker, he is the player that plays off the striker.

(see the last 5 years).

I think he plays rather well as the more central striker in a forward 3 as he showed last year. The position off that in our formation is much more of a midfield role than in say a 4-4-2 and I prefer Rooney further forward. I don't see it as an issue.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:57 PM
sdrawkcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
people seem to think rossi is some great player being overlooked by our manager...

are you idiots blind?

why isnt rossi a member of the italian senior team when most "outstanding" players his age are in their full teams?

why has saf and cq after following rossis progress since he came to the club shown more faith in him?
why didnt he succeed at newcastle where a neutral manager who watched him in training etc didnt think he was good enough?
where is this evidence of how good he is when for our first team he has been no better than average everytime?
If he was, who would the u21s put on their bench?

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:59 PM
sdrawkcab

Quote:
I think he plays rather well as the more central striker in a forward 3 as he showed last year. The position off that in our formation is much more of a midfield role than in say a 4-4-2 and I prefer Rooney further forward. I don't see it as an issue.
He didn't.

There is not even a debate here.

That formation only works with a striker in the, erm, striker role.

Like when Saha played there. Even against Roma when Smith had his only good game in the last 3 years.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:

Casiraghi said he made a mistake by putting Rossi on the bench, he was italys best player with Aquilani in the Euros.

Unread 25-07-2007, 03:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He didn't.

There is not even a debate here.

That formation only works with a striker in the, erm, striker role.

Like when Saha played there. Even against Roma when Smith had his only good game in the last 3 years.
Sorry I disagree with you. You carry on though.

Unread 25-07-2007, 03:03 PM
violater

Quote:
nope, he is their best player ever...

Unread 25-07-2007, 03:06 PM
sdrawkcab

Thumbs down

Quote:
Sorry I disagree with you. You carry on though.
I will carry on saying that our (arguably) best, most effective player, should play in his best position, and that out centre forward should have a presence in the air.

Rooney up front... see world cup, AC Milan, Chelsea Cup Final etttttcccccc

Unread 25-07-2007, 03:07 PM
sdrawkcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy

Casiraghi said he made a mistake by putting Rossi on the bench, he was italys best player with Aquilani in the Euros.
Easy to say now.

If he'd played him, he'd say "should have left Rossi on the bench".

I can't remember him doing anything.

Did our striker sensation score?

Unread 25-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Easy to say now.

Yes

Unread 25-07-2007, 03:12 PM
violater

Quote:
Easy to say now.

he scored one goal.

he wasnt by any means their best player and was used a impact sub, brought on late to stretch a tired defence.

thats what most managers do with their best players. leave them on the bench until the 80 minute,

Unread 25-07-2007, 03:12 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I will carry on saying that our (arguably) best, most effective player, should play in his best position, and that out centre forward should have a presence in the air.

Rooney up front... see world cup, AC Milan, Chelsea Cup Final etttttcccccc

WC's got nowt to do with it, England play 4-5-1 with midfielders wide of a single player up front, hence the isolation of that player. United play 4-3-3, with 3 attackers forward, they are very fluid in their positions and I think Rooney is perfectly happy as the nominally more central of the 3. I think Rooney scored twice against AC. Chelsea was a bad gam,e, played by a tired team against an opposaition who stuck 10 behind the ball.

Unread 25-07-2007, 03:18 PM
sdrawkcab

Quote:
WC's got nowt to do with it, England play 4-5-1 with midfielders wide of a single player up front, hence the isolation of that player. United play 4-3-3, with 3 attackers forward, they are very fluid in their positions and I think Rooney is perfectly happy as the nominally more central of the 3. I think Rooney scored twice against AC. Chelsea was a bad gam,e, played by a tired team against an opposaition who stuck 10 behind the ball.
I was on about away, when Rooney played up by himself

And that won't happen at all next season?

Unread 25-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Luffy

Rossi is a natural born goal scorer, Rooney and Tevez aren't.

Players develop at different rates. Scholes and Becks weren't England stars at the age of 20 they were just making their marks at Man Utd.

If Rossi doesn't make it, we might as well scrap our reserves because he has been head and shoulder the best reserve player over the past few years, completely untouchable.

Unread 25-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Whalefish

Tevez isn't a natural goalscorer? Erm I think you'll find he can play that role and has been very effective when used as such. As the main striker his record at Corinthians was hardly shite.

Unread 25-07-2007, 03:59 PM
sdrawkcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Tevez isn't a natural goalscorer? Erm I think you'll find he can play that role and has been very effective when used as such. As the main striker his record at Corinthians was hardly shite.
His goalscoring everywhere else hasn't been great.

39 for 132 Boca/Argentina/West Ham
Closed Thread