United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Whalefish

Without wanting to sound too flippant if he was 'that' good he wouldn't be heading off to a small team in Spain. And I like the Submarines btw.

He'll do well there, but the odd game here and there at Utd isn't going to help his development. He's now 20 and will be demanding regular games (especially after his loan move away) - Utd can't promise that because he isn't good enough to lead the line and I very much doubt he'd be used to play in the hole or just off a main striker. Which isn't a formation I can see us using much next season tbh.

Do agree with some of the other posts though, we could do with two strikers now. Won't happen though.

This is hardly long term thinking though. Come next Summer we'll probably be looking to offload Saha and Ole could be hanging up his boots. I don't see any other young striker at Utd stepping up.

Unread 01-08-2007, 08:07 AM
koppas

Young lad in reserves called EriK Nevland.

You heard it here first.

Unread 01-08-2007, 09:23 AM
24hr Leavesey

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ronaldo operate up front on more than a few occasions next season. We have a glut of widemen atm, it's something I'd like to see personally.

Unread 01-08-2007, 09:36 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Young lad in reserves called EriK Nevland.

You heard it here first.
hardly

Unread 01-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Gordon Hill

Default We have a combination of the Glazer's & Newcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
that's the thing. We'll never know.
Too thank for that. I share your frustration & if he turns out as well as most of us suspect, then we could have a crazy situation in 4 or 5 years time where the club end up having too pay about £ 30million too re-sign a talanted striker of whom they should'nt have sold in the first place & while I accept that scenario may seem a bit far fetched, it would be typical of the manner in which our club go about their buisness in the transfer market would'nt it?

Unread 01-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Karrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas

Rossi is a good player who is best playing elsewhere.
How can u say that? he's hardly played.

it's ridiculous selling such an obviously talented player.
Closed Thread