United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-08-2007, 05:51 AM
sharath

Thumbs down starting to worry a bit about city now

the latest player linked is Diego. £#%&!ing hell, a nice little player in the deco mould.

they may struggle at first to gel but they will be a very decent bet for 6th now defenitely.

west ham, newcastle have brought average and everton will struggle as they are in uefa cup.

£#%&! off shin-watra and sven.

Unread 03-08-2007, 06:26 AM
ScarFace

Everybody seems to of suddenly become an expert on world football. I've never erd of these shitty players. If they were that good, they'd of been bought by a propper club.

Unread 03-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Everybody seems to of suddenly become an expert on world football. I've never erd of these shitty players. If they were that good, they'd of been bought by a propper club.
fair comment.

Though i do remember people saying that when ferguson started buying players like schmikes and ronny johnsen...

Unread 03-08-2007, 06:48 AM
Grimson

I think we have to resign ourselves that City will improve. Pearce was an idiot. Sven was always going to fail with England, but his record at club level shows he knows how to assemble a team when he is not limited by the need to select incompatible or past-it players.

They'll finish 13th.

Unread 03-08-2007, 07:01 AM
sharath

Quote:
that actually shows signs of better transfers.

Sam used to do this. bringing in unknown players. heck we did it before we started to spend money.

bojinov is a great talent. Elano is good. Diego is just great.

Its certainly better than parker for 7m or smith for 6m

Unread 03-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Grimson

Is this the Diego who was just voted by his fellow players the best player in the Bundesliga?

Unread 03-08-2007, 07:28 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Is this the Diego who was just voted by his fellow players the best player in the Bundesliga?
yeah.

Unread 03-08-2007, 07:36 AM
borsuk

Quote:
it's almost as if sven thinks he might know a bit about other leagues and other countries. the poor deluded soul.

Unread 03-08-2007, 07:38 AM
armchair

they'll push for a uefa place and do ok in the cups. Sven is no mug.

Unread 03-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Pepitas/Queso Del Pollo

Never before has the race to be the 2nd best team in Greater Manchester been so exciting

Unread 03-08-2007, 07:40 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepitas/Queso Del Pollo
Never before has the race to be the 2nd best team in Greater Manchester been so exciting
well put.

Unread 03-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepitas/Queso Del Pollo

Unread 03-08-2007, 08:23 AM
koppas

Quote:
Spot on.

Unread 03-08-2007, 08:29 AM
El Calafate

Diego is a top player. nft.

Unread 03-08-2007, 08:32 AM
armchair

sven did better with veron than fergie did. People underrate him as a manager. His main gift is calm.

Unread 03-08-2007, 08:34 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
sven did better with veron than fergie did. People underrate him as a manager. His main gift is calm.
That's because Seba suits Italian football. He didn't suit English.

Unread 03-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Mr_Ed

He's spent £35 mil now hasn't he? I don't think they'll do much next season as moulding 6 foreign players into an average team isn't going to be easy. Most of the good foreign players usually make an impact in their second season.

Maybe the year after they'll do a bit better.

Unread 03-08-2007, 09:12 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
the latest player linked is Diego. £#%&!ing hell, a nice little player in the deco mould.

they may struggle at first to gel but they will be a very decent bet for 6th now defenitely.

west ham, newcastle have brought average and everton will struggle as they are in uefa cup.

£#%&! off shin-watra and sven.
if they sign diego - big if - that would be a good signing. But up to know, I don't see to much to worry about. Unless you support portsmouth or bolton that is because I have city down for intertoto at best.

Unread 03-08-2007, 09:20 AM
thatsfuctit

come on you know what you are going to hear, they will be nailed on for Europe after 8 games and then it will unravel.

Unread 03-08-2007, 09:22 AM
dunk

I don't think a player like Diego would thrive in the Premiership. He struggled in Portugal and was crap in the Copa.

He did look good from time to time for Bremen last season though.
Closed Thread