United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-07-2007, 08:46 AM
The Return of JC

Default The Daily Tevez Thread

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...deal&channel=&

An out of court settlement looks more and more likely.

Very predictable and conveniently covers everyone's backs.

I'd expect actual developments this week rather than a press sensationalised 'twist'.

Unread 30-07-2007, 08:49 AM
El Calafate

i think you're jumping the gun if you think it's going to be sorted. the high court date is on Wednesday. nft.

Unread 30-07-2007, 09:08 AM
carlosartorial

The Mirror is this morning reporting that the resolution to be proposed by the PL makes a proviso for West Ham getting a compensation figure of £5.5M...which has already been rejected to MSI who will pay no more than the £100,000 figure agreed last August.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Wednesday would just be a preliminary hearing.

Having been optimistic of a speedy conclusion to all this, I can now see it dragging on for weeks...

Unread 30-07-2007, 09:27 AM
sharath

all news papers reporting today that a meeting will take place ( premier leagues board meeting ) to decide west hams proposal of accepting a small fee.

I wonder why is that.

Unread 30-07-2007, 09:31 AM
El Calafate

i can't see anything but this going to court. do you honestly think MSI are going to pay West Ham £6m? nft.

Unread 30-07-2007, 09:36 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
all news papers reporting today that a meeting will take place ( premier leagues board meeting ) to decide west hams proposal of accepting a small fee.

I wonder why is that.
The deal has already been agreed in principle between West Ham and the PL (see yesterday's observer).

The question is whether MSI will agree...which they won't....and why should they?

Unread 30-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Whalefish

I think they will.

Unread 30-07-2007, 09:43 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I think they will.
The fish has spoken. I'm feeling better now. Doom lifting.

Unread 30-07-2007, 09:44 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
I think they will.
so MSI are going to pay £6m for a player they already own? brilliant! nft.

Unread 30-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
so MSI are going to pay £6m for a player they already own? brilliant! nft.
According to PL rulings they don't own his registration. Economic rights without the registration mean £#%&! all in England. MSI have to get WHU to release the registration and the only way this is going to be resolved before the window ends is for WHU to receive some sort of 'fee'.

It absolutely stinks but the PL and WHU are so morally bankrupt that it's the only way they feel it can be swept under a big enough carpet. One that hopefully prevents Sheffield Utd from taking the lead to court for the sum of £60million.

Also, remember Kia and MSI want Tevez playing Champions League football next season, as does the player. A short term loss for a potentially more lucrative long term gain?

Why have you picked up on £6million considering there are 3/4 different figures doing the rounds?

Unread 30-07-2007, 10:01 AM
dunk

I get the impression Westam are doing their utmost to recoup the money they lost on the fine, the weird thig is the Premier league appear to be helping them.

If they get anywhere near £5.5m, it will be as though they were never punished. The only people to suffer from this whole sorry saga will be Sheff United and us United fans who are being tourtured by the press with this delay.

Unread 30-07-2007, 10:02 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
According to PL rulings they don't own his registration. Economic rights without the registration mean £#%&! all in England. MSI have to get WHU to release the registration and the only way this is going to be resolved before the window ends is for WHU to receive some sort of 'fee'.

It absolutely stinks but the PL and WHU are so morally bankrupt that it's the only way they feel it can be swept under a big enough carpet. One that hopefully prevents Sheffield Utd from taking the lead to court for the sum of £60million.

Also, remember Kia and MSI want Tevez playing Champions League football next season, as does the player. A short term loss for a potentially more lucrative long term gain?

Why have you picked up on £6million considering there are 3/4 different figures doing the rounds?
100K was also mentioned, but do you think if that's all it would take, it would of been paid a month ago. if MSI pay West Ham a transfer fee, they're admitting that he is a West Ham player. for the good of football, it should go to the courts. nft.

Unread 30-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Krushkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I get the impression Westam are doing their utmost to recoup the money they lost on the fine, the weird thig is the Premier league appear to be helping them.

If they get anywhere near £5.5m, it will be as though they were never punished. The only people to suffer from this whole sorry saga will be Sheff United and us United fans who are being tourtured by the press with this delay.
I love it, me, it's is an ace transfer, saga - probably as good in terms of anxiety as that of Ronaldihno's before he joined Barca. Heinze's position is the real pisser this summer.

Unread 30-07-2007, 10:08 AM
ethelred

Quote:
i can't see anything but this going to court. do you honestly think MSI are going to pay West Ham £6m? nft.
Like the eventual transfer fee, this will be "undisclosed" thus ensuring the integrity (sic) of the PL.
No one will know if it is £0.1m, £1m or £6m but those figures are substantial enough for the PL to save face.

Unread 30-07-2007, 10:10 AM
The Return of JC

The cynic in me would suggest that this is all pre determined by all the parties concerned so that everyone gets what they want.

Even at the early stage, an out of court settlement was always likely. West Ham and the PL can cover their backs by sticking to their guns and also point to the fact that they 'explored all avenues' with all the FIFA stuff (they probably knew FIFA wouldn't accept the case) and can now settle out of court under the pretense that they need to move it on to make the transfer happen. West Ham don't want the frailties of their position highlighted in court, MSI can settle with West Ham and United get their man.

If Sheffield United complain then the PL and West Ham can pretend that they explored all avenues and cover their backs.

Unread 30-07-2007, 10:15 AM
The Return of JC

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...137558,00.html

A little more from The Guardian.

Unread 30-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
"the Hammers feel that a significantly reduced fee would be appropriate"

Very big of them.

Unread 30-07-2007, 10:23 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
"the Hammers feel that a significantly reduced fee would be appropriate"

Very big of them.
West Ham are weakening their stance by the second.

Have you ever heard of a club selling their best player for a 'significantly reduced fee'?

HHhhhmmm, it's almost as if they don't even own him

Unread 30-07-2007, 10:26 AM
El Calafate

How much did West Ham pay MSI for Tevez again? nft.

Unread 30-07-2007, 10:29 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
How much did West Ham pay MSI for Tevez again? nft.
Hey, that's a good question. You think that would've come up somewhere in the proceedings wouldn't you?

I can't imagine West Ham want to answer that though.
Closed Thread