Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:16 AM
borsuk

Thumbs up ferguson confirms rossi and pique coming back

from pravda

Quote:
[SIZE="5"]Rossi and Pique staying on
Despite strong interest in United youngsters Giuseppe Rossi and Gerard Pique, Sir Alex Ferguson wants to keep the pair at Old Trafford next season.

Rossi and Pique both shone during loan spells with Parma and Real Zaragoza last season. The Italian and Spanish clubs have both shown an interest in making the deals permanent, but Sir Alex has so far resisted their advances.

"The lads going away proved themselves," said the boss. "Giuseppe scored nine goals in 16 matches for Parma and the consensus is that he kept them up. Everyone says that.

"Gerard played 24 games for Zaragoza and did exceptionally well. We got all the videos of the players and watched what they did in training. They will certainly come back."

It will further bolster United's squad. As will the likes of, among others, Jonny Evans, Danny Simpson, Phil Bardsley and Chris Eagles, who all had loan spells away from the club. They could find themselves more involved in the first-team squad this season.

"Hopefully we now have a strong enough pool of players," adds Sir Alex. "That's one of the reasons I was keen to get the young lads who were away on loan last year back at the club. They will develop better with us. They may play more regularly away on loan, but training with us and being part of the squad brings them on immeasurably."

With United flat out in the title race last season, injuries proved troublesome towards the end of the campaign, particularly in the Champions League, where the Reds just ran out of steam.

"The really big test last season was when we got the injuries in March," says the boss. "When we got to the AC Milan game, we didn't have enough freshness in the team to prepare for a semi final. That was a blow. We hope now that if we do get those injuries again, this time we have better back-up."
interesting comment there in the middle. a change in policy, perhaps, with fewer going out on loan in the next few years? perhaps the feeling is that the experiment with loaning all the kids out has not been too successful.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pa...&newsid=447403

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Paul Mcgrath

Great news. Rossi i mean, i'm not really arsed about Pique. I'd hope that Evans got the nod before Pique.

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:21 AM
24hr Leavesey

Insurance in case the Tevez deal falls through ?

Pique was always coming back, Fergie has said so a few times this summer already.

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

So the Fred Tishes predictions of doom were wrong?

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:23 AM
sharath

Pique was always going to stay. ferguson watched pique personally quite a few times and was impressed. they see him as the successor to brown for next season at the least.

the doubt was about rossi. it is good to hear he will get a chance.

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:24 AM
sharath

Actually now I am thinking may be evans will go out on loan. yes he has done so well but a full premiership year under his belt will do more good. keane hasn't still strengthen his CB dept fully.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mcgrath
Great news. Rossi i mean, i'm not really arsed about Pique. I'd hope that Evans got the nod before Pique.
Pique can play in midfield and has done so rather well from what I've heard for Zaragoza last season. He can also play full back to some extent as well as his preferred centre back position. Basically he's O' Sheas replacement.

koppas

They were always coming back - just a question if they are being sold.

I still think Rossi will leave.

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
Actually now I am thinking may be evans will go out on loan. yes he has done so well but a full premiership year under his belt will do more good. keane hasn't still strengthen his CB dept fully.
Doesn't that directly contradict what Fergie says in the interview at the top of this thread? He is saying that after their loan spells he wants them back at United as they'll develop more there.

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:29 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Pique can play in midfield and has done so rather well from what I've heard for Zaragoza last season. He can also play full back to some extent as well as his preferred centre back position. Basically he's O' Sheas replacement.

I really wouldn't like to see Pique in our midfield next season, from what I've seen of him, a bus can turn around faster.

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Ed Sullivan

hahahahahahahaha

all you @#%&!s saying Rossi's not good enough. Obviously the people that matter don't agree.

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Krushkov

As a regular forum viewer I am 'Piqueing hard' at this news.

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:38 AM
The Return of JC

That's encouraging. That's the first I've heard of Fergie publicly backing Rossi and indicating he may have a future.

I'm still not totally convinced, otherwise we'd have rejected that bid from Parma (that was ages ago now too).

I'd like to see Rossi given a fair chance, he deserves it and has more potential than some people who have been given a bigger chance than him.

I think concerns remain over his stature and ability to cut it physically in the Premiership, but few are questioning his technical attributes and intelligence around the box.

I'd rather see Smith leave than Rossi.

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krushkov

As a regular forum viewer I am 'Piqueing hard' at this news.
well im off to make a potato rossi i'm that happy

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:45 AM
24hr Leavesey

Strange how the only interview all summer concerning Rossi's future comes directly after the news that this Tevezgate %@#$&!s will go to the high courts. It's an insurance policy.

I don't blame Fergie one bit but it must be puddling Rossi's head, I'm sure the same thought has crossed his mind.

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Strange how the only interview all summer concerning Rossi's future comes directly after the news that this Tevezgate %@#$&!s will go to the high courts. It's an insurance policy.

I don't blame Fergie one bit but it must be puddling Rossi's head, I'm sure the same thought has crossed his mind.
puddling? puzzling? muddling?

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:50 AM
violater

pique was always coming back..

united are yet to reject any of the bids from parma for rossi.

if tevez joins towards the end of the window rossi will still go.

why is rossi playing reserves games in little feeble grounds around the uk and not on the tour?

he could have easily been called up to replace paul scholes.

Unread 25-07-2007, 09:56 AM
puressence

the way rossi has been treated is a £#%&!ing disgrace ..

@#%&!s like smith and hong kong £#%&!ing phooey geting a game b4 him is a £#%&!ing joke

Unread 25-07-2007, 10:00 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
the way rossi has been treated is a £#%&!ing disgrace ..

@#%&!s like smith and hong kong £#%&!ing phooey geting a game b4 him is a £#%&!ing joke
ferie out! nft.

Unread 25-07-2007, 10:00 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
ferie out! nft.
ferie out ..
Closed Thread