United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2007, 12:25 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
it's a good situation to be in in that the 1st 11 more or less picks itself and there are young lads coming through in most positions who have talent and the luxury to develop at their own pace while the older players can still perform. very impressive rebuilding from fergie.

the only area we're a little lacking in is full-back. brown doesn't really convince me at rb and i don't see any youngsters pushing hard for a place. simpson? not convinced yet.
I agree AGAIN.

Right back will be addressed soon enough, I'm sure.

Unread 24-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Rhodzy

This is thriller, shamone.

Fergie loves Simpson btw, wouldn't be suprised if was our next right back.

Unread 24-07-2007, 12:28 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I agree AGAIN.

Right back will be addressed soon enough, I'm sure.
I think Simpson has a chance as a RB of the future. Quick, strong, composed, aggressive in the tackle and not afraid to get forward.

Unread 24-07-2007, 12:29 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think Simpson has a chance as a RB of the future. Quick, strong, composed, aggressive in the tackle and not afraid to get forward.
Sure. But it's never a certainty with these kids and I still we'll invest in that area next summer.

Unread 24-07-2007, 12:36 PM
koppas

Quote:
That's exactly what I think too.
Rooney in the middle instead of Giggs.

Unread 24-07-2007, 12:36 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Sure. But it's never a certainty with these kids and I still we'll invest in that area next summer.
It depends what happens this year I s'pose. If Simpson gets 10 or so games backing up Nev and does well, maybe he'll get the chance.

Unread 24-07-2007, 12:37 PM
borsuk

Quote:
yeah. i mean, i agree.

full backs are crucial to the way we play now, with a narrower but more flexible m/f it's essential that the fbs get forward and provide width. i think fergie will want an established international at rb. even if simpson makes it he'll have a couple of years to wait first.

i'm sure some on here will get all giddy when those two brazillian school kids join us. it might even make up for missing out on seal-trick boy.

Unread 24-07-2007, 12:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Rooney in the middle instead of Giggs.
Nah, swap Rooney and Tevez. Fergie likes Giggs through the middle, Rooney was playing up front at seasons end and Tevez has experience of playing wide in a 3 man attack for Argentina. Makes sense.

Unread 24-07-2007, 12:39 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
. i think fergie will want an established international at rb. .
Maybe Gary Neville?

Unread 24-07-2007, 12:39 PM
koppas

Quote:
yeah. i mean, i agree.

full backs are crucial to the way we play now, with a narrower but more flexible m/f it's essential that the fbs get forward and provide width. i think fergie will want an established international at rb. even if simpson makes it he'll have a couple of years to wait first.

i'm sure some on here will get all giddy when those two brazillian school kids join us. it might even make up for missing out on seal-trick boy.
Thats £#%&!ing weird you say that, I dreamt one of those played for us last night. He was called Silvinho though. Not the ex Arse player either, it was one of the twins. Was going to post this morning but forgot until you mentioned it.

(Surely those kids can't come next year? No chance of gettin a permit)

Unread 24-07-2007, 12:40 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Nah, swap Rooney and Tevez. Fergie likes Giggs through the middle, Rooney was playing up front at seasons end and Tevez has experience of playing wide in a 3 man attack for Argentina. Makes sense.
with tevez, rooney and ronnie as the probable front three we'll have the most flexible attack i can remember. all three of them are capable of playing anywhere across the front. it will be hard to identify any nominal positions for them at times, i suspect.

Unread 24-07-2007, 12:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
with tevez, rooney and ronnie as the probable front three we'll have the most flexible attack i can remember. all three of them are capable of playing anywhere across the front. it will be hard to identify any nominal positions for them at times, i suspect.
Agreed, though I suspect Rooney will be nominally the more central of the 3. Giggs will I suspect play as a midfielder rather than a forward which was my main point.
Closed Thread