United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I would expect somebody with some financial acumen, excellent negotiating skills, an excellent scouting network and have a clear vision tbf
This, what do people think the role entails? Turning up in a club blazer and talking about the treble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I don't think he'll be let loose on revamping the structure all on his own tbh.
One of the main complaints has been the wages and transfer fees we have wasted, if a DoF isn’t qualified to do that then it will be Woodward continuing to do so.

Unread 25-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
This, what do people think the role entails? Turning up in a club blazer and talking about the treble?

One of the main complaints has been the wages and transfer fees we have wasted, if a DoF isn’t qualified to do that then it will be Woodward continuing to do so.
I agree. But the article doesn't mention him being considered as a dof.

Unread 25-04-2019, 06:18 PM
saffers

What a £#%&!ing shambles.

No wonder Ribalta did a runner.

From Paratici and Berti to Phelan and Fletcher.

Unread 25-04-2019, 06:21 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
I agree. But the article doesn't mention him being considered as a dof.
So either we are looking for a technical director that has the same responsibility as a dof, in which case Fletcher isn’t qualified or we are looking for someone to perform some unspecified role while Woodward does the negotiation, in which case what’s the point?

Unread 25-04-2019, 06:21 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Scmeichel - diversity director

Neil Webb - Post Room supervisor

Paul McGrath . Bar manager
Lee Martin - Payroll

Unread 25-04-2019, 06:32 PM
TreeFiddy

Tom Cleverley - Brand Management
Ravel Morrison - Matchday Security
Martin Edwards - Toilet Attendant
Paul Ince - Supporter Liaison
Roy Keane - Club Psychologist

Unread 25-04-2019, 06:40 PM
The Stella Fella

Norman whiteside and Bryan Robson - Happy Hour Reps

Unread 25-04-2019, 07:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Nothing wrong with the potential appointment
Yeah, my initial thought on hearing this was "makes more sense than most suggestions I've heard".

But of course, the clever dick cynics know better

Unread 25-04-2019, 07:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah, my initial thought on hearing this was "makes more sense than most suggestions I've heard".

But of course, the clever dick cynics know better
What experience does Fletcher have in scouting ? contract negotiations or player development ?

Unread 25-04-2019, 07:40 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Tom Cleverley - Brand Management
Ravel Morrison - Matchday Security
Martin Edwards - Toilet Attendant
Paul Ince - Supporter Liaison
Roy Keane - Club Psychologist

Unread 25-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Sparky***

Apropos of nothing...

Quote:
After retiring as a player, Txiki Begiristain worked as a commentator for Televisió de Catalunya before becoming director of football at former club Barcelona in 2003. On 29 June 2010 he declared that, with president Joan Laporta leaving, it was the right time for him to part ways with the organization as well.

On 28 October 2012, Begiristain joined Manchester City in the Premier League, in the same capacity.

Unread 25-04-2019, 07:56 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Apropos of nothing...
El Rojo Tissue was SEETHING that day

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:06 PM
Chris Quayd

So Fletcher will be a good appointment because someone less qualified turned out to be a success 16 years ago?

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
So Fletcher will be a good appointment because someone less qualified turned out to be a success 16 years ago?
No, it's just a point that you don't need experience in being a director of football, to be a director of football.

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
No, it's just a point that you don't need experience in being a director of football, to be a director of football.
Right, presumably experience with any number of the issues we have struggled with (transfer fees, wages, identifying players that fit a style of play and have a good character) is desirable, has Fletcher got any of the above?

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Right, presumably experience with any number of the issues we have struggled with (transfer fees, wages, identifying players that fit a style of play and have a good character) is desirable, has Fletcher got any of the above?
Well, he's Scottish, so that can't hurt...

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:19 PM
jem

Quote:
this is true. and I wouldn't slag fletch off just because he was a totally dogshit player and hasn't proven himself as dof. he might be good. but it would be a risk.

can we afford to take a risk, currently? I'd rather buy ed vds an island in the med.

imagine pulling sanchez in with "sign or I'll shit in your kitbag".

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:23 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Well, he's Scottish, so that can't hurt...
Cut from the same cloth etc...

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:24 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I wouldn't slag fletch off just because he was a totally dogshit player
We'd have 4 European Cups if he had played in Rome. Nqat.
The zone

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I don't know mate. And neither do you.

I do know however he has more experience and knowledge about football than Ed Woodward will ever have.
Closed Thread