United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:07 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
beginning to agree with this.

very, very short-sighted decision if we continue on this trajectory.

what an absolute mess.
We all adore OGS.

But when the club says he is interim, and a decision on a permanent manager will be made at the end of the season then you should stick by that. Be professional. People saying, oooh we need to prepare for pre season and signings etc. We don't even have a director of football in place after talk for 2 years ffs. We announced Ole basically in april, give or take a few days. How big of a difference would it be if we announced him in May once the league is over?

Just more signs of what a giddy incompetent fool that is allowed to run everything at United atm. Woodward is not fit to lead.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:11 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If we hadn’t already given him the job and waited until the end of the season like we originally intended - who would want him as manager now?
With the set up we have, there is not a manager in world football we seem ready to cater for.

Honestly.

We're looking to hire Mike Phelan as director of football, Woodward wants to to sign Kieran Trippier and there's holes in the roof.

The hole in the stand really does seem apt for us as a club: Years of neglect, the roof is falling in and we're arguing over who is the best guy to mop up the puddles.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:12 PM
Mr_Ed

He’s got until end October for me. We’re not going to win the league next season but if we’re still shite by then he’s got to go.

Where’s this DOF? That’s got to be the more important signing.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
%@#$&!s.

He was a part of the problem, but until....

No point repeating myself.
You are correct, and the "all Mou's fault" merchants are looking more delusional with each passing game at the moment.

JM had to go, indeed he should have been binned last summer if the suits weren't willing to endorse the players he wanted.

That, however, is not really the point.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:

what an absolute mess.
Yep; I never really understood the need to give him the job early. The players have clearly took their foot off the gas since.

Disappointing lack of planning and foresight again for the club - par for the course now. Don't think they have any football men in that Board Room on a regular basis anymore. It's like a load of ex-footballers trying to run a hedgefund. It's £#%&!ing dire.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:16 PM
jem

I have never thought ole was the right man, but I have never been convinced he was the wrong man and I am prepared to give him time, particularly given the lack of an alternative (would take nes over poch, incidentally).

conversely, I knew mourinho was wrong from before he went to chelsea the first time. and he was even more moody and the football was more shit than I expected. how anyone could have supported him, justified anything he did or done anything other than wanting him to £#%&! off is beyond me. some people are just @#%&!s.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:16 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yep; I never really understood the need to give him the job early. The players have clearly took their foot off the gas since.

Disappointing lack of planning and foresight again for the club - par for the course now. Don't think they have any football men in that Board Room on a regular basis anymore. It's like a load of ex-footballers trying to run a hedgefund. It's £#%&!ing dire.
Is it too much to ask for the @#%&!s to not do that?

We're a shit side and a club with low expectations.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:19 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
the "all Mou's fault" merchants are looking more delusional with each passing game at the moment.
leaving aside the fact that we don't have a passing game.... who said mou was at fault, but woodward and the glazers were top men? even the post you quoted said mou was the biggest problem, not the only problem.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:19 PM
Sandman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I have never thought ole was the right man, but I have never been convinced he was the wrong man and I am prepared to give him time, particularly given the lack of an alternative (would take nes over poch, incidentally).

conversely, I knew mourinho was wrong from before he went to chelsea the first time. and he was even more moody and the football was more shit than I expected. how anyone could have supported him, justified anything he did or done anything other than wanting him to £#%&! off is beyond me. some people are just @#%&!s.
Pretty much nails it.

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:21 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 24-04-2019, 10:24 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Yep.

Unread 24-04-2019, 11:29 PM
Denis Irwell

£#%&!ing state of this place

£#%&!ing state of the club for the past 10 years, everywhere you look ... and the same £#%&!ing clowns are still obsessing about Mou Mou. We know. .... but.... aaaaaaaagh

Unread 25-04-2019, 12:41 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We should all be very £#%&!ing worried.

He doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing.
£#%&! off

Quote:

what an absolute mess.
And just as short sighted to turn against him and not continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
He’s got until end October for me. We’re not going to win the league next season but if we’re still shite by then he’s got to go.

Where’s this DOF? That’s got to be the more important signing.
Some fans deserve an endless cycle of shite.

Unread 25-04-2019, 12:48 AM
Tronics

its frustrating but its true.

can't think of another club that's managed to ship out 6+ players in one summer. plus most of the players we all want out are good contracts or recently signed extension, will be very hard to move them on

the players that come in regardless of profile will be a gamble too and there's likely to be a couple duds in there. either way, its gonna take a long time, i just hope the club does the right thing and at least tries to fix it instead of burying their heads in the sand

Unread 25-04-2019, 12:54 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
its frustrating but its true.

can't think of another club that's managed to ship out 6+ players in one summer. plus most of the players we all want out are good contracts or recently signed extension, will be very hard to move them on
So, failing to qualify for the champions league, and the subsequent 25% reduction in their contracts could be the best thing that can happen in terms of helping move players on.

Quote:
the players that come in regardless of profile will be a gamble too and there's likely to be a couple duds in there. either way, its gonna take a long time, i just hope the club does the right thing and at least tries to fix it instead of burying their heads in the sand
Again, nothing motivates Woodward and the glazers more than finishing out of the top 4.

Unread 25-04-2019, 08:48 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
So, failing to qualify for the champions league, and the subsequent 25% reduction in their contracts could be the best thing that can happen in terms of helping move players on.

Again, nothing motivates Woodward and the glazers more than finishing out of the top 4.

Agreed. At root the Glazers are bad for United and the precession of managers since Fergie shows it. He shielded them after the takeover but the lack of direction and ineptness is there for all to see.

My hope has always been that they £#%&! off.

Unread 25-04-2019, 09:40 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

Is that true ?

Are players paid extra/less for the competitions they qualify for ?

Losing 25% for not making top four... I'd be busting my chops every second of every match and screaming at any teammate that made any mistake...

Obviously the base pay is so high that they don't give a £#%&!...

Unread 25-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Buck

These players suddenly went from slugging around under Mourinho to busting a gut to under Ole and it worked perfectly with us getting crucial wins. Only the Spurs game we got away with it. Chelsea, Arsenal were all accomplished team performances. Then after the Liverpool game we picked up injuries and fatigue crept in. These players turned the intensity on at the change of a manager like a flick of a switch but that's not sustainable. He needs a pre-season to get his players up to the mark badly.

Unread 25-04-2019, 01:03 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
These players suddenly went from slugging around under Mourinho to busting a gut to under Ole and it worked perfectly with us getting crucial wins. Only the Spurs game we got away with it. Chelsea, Arsenal were all accomplished team performances. Then after the Liverpool game we picked up injuries and fatigue crept in. These players turned the intensity on at the change of a manager like a flick of a switch but that's not sustainable. He needs a pre-season to get his players up to the mark badly.
Hopefully. Or they blame ole’s training methods for the injuries and decided he isn’t the right man, so he’s already lost the dressing room.

As soon as anything goes wrong, these players look to blame someone else. And that’s usually the manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Is that true ?
Supposedly. Carrick mentioned it back in 2014, so unless woodward has changed things since....

Been a few reports saying the likes of de gea want a big enough raise to negate the 25% drop that may be coming, so it probably still is in place.

Unread 25-04-2019, 01:42 PM
boreez

I know I am in the minority of 1 of people who like Mourinho. I’m not even sure his wife does. I think he’s a @#%&!. But he is entertaining, knows his stuff and has won loads. That’s the kind of @#%&! I wanted managing United. I think he would’ve won us the league last season had Pep not been managing City. Oh well. That’s over now. I’m not sure why folks can’t let it go.

I love Ole. I loved the wave of success he had when he first arrived. I did think it was a wave. I did think it would crash down. I hoped I was wrong.

And our club is flailing once more. I’m fine with it if it gets rid of the dead wood. I think having Ole, with a great love for the club and its history, in charge of the rebuild, will be a great opportunity. One I hope Ole and the Glazers seize with great fervor.

Of course, Woodward and the Glazers are bastards and will somehow hamstring whatever strategy OGS lays out. We are probably doomed. I’m just glad I’m middle aged and not as angry anymore. Otherwise I’d be a lot more stressed about the whole damn tragedy.

I again hope I am wrong. There will be nothing sweeter than a successful rebuild with Ole at the helm. Gosh it would be glorious.
Closed Thread