United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2019, 06:54 PM
saffers

Default Solskjaer basically admitting defeat for next season?

'I don't think we've got the consistency to do that (win the league)', he said.

'You cannot expect things to happen overnight and we know that. It will happen gradually and we have to be realistic enough as a club that we have to take it step by step.

'That's not changing 10 players now and bringing 10 players in. It's slowly, slowly but surely. It has to be the right quality, right personality, the right standards to get us back to where we want to be.'

Not exactly fighting talk is it?

Unread 24-04-2019, 06:56 PM
Chris Quayd

Admitting defeat on pie in the sky goals yes.

Unread 24-04-2019, 06:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

'You cannot expect things to happen overnight and we know that. It will happen gradually and we have to be realistic enough as a club that we have to take it step by step.

'That's not changing 10 players now and bringing 10 players in. It's slowly, slowly but surely. It has to be the right quality, right personality, the right standards to get us back to where we want to be.'

£#%&! me you're tiresome

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

It’s sensible, realistic talk.
Besides, it depends what you consider defeat. Don’t think many would expect to win the league next season, regardless. Replace the shit, get a good foundation with a new crop of signings, and progress with the style of football is success next season. And I guess he will have to finish top 4.

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:30 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
£#%&! me you're tiresome
Sure it’s 70% wummery but the relentless nature makes it feel like water torture. The forum so much the poorer for it too.

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:31 PM
naes_sean

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:36 PM
andyroo

There's an absolute mountain of cynicism burying this club alive. We all know this is going to take time to sort out, refreshing to hear someone representing the club actually say so, someone who's prepared to give it the time it will £#%&!ing take and not sulk and whine and snivel when it doesn't all just fall into place for him.

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:41 PM
red in cumbria

As things stand I will just settle for us playing some decent football next season tbh. With people who can actually be arsed.

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:41 PM
AK14

Tbf Mou said the same iirc

Was absolutely roasted for it though.

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Sparky***

Slowly, Slowly Man United
As the Reds get left behind

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:45 PM
Switching Off

Could live with that if he brings in 3 or 4 top young players and gives the likes of Tuanzebe and Greenwood games. Think mot fans could. Itonically it would buy Woodward time too, so he'll do the opposite and spend all summer chasing Bale.

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:47 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Tbf Mou said the same iirc

Was absolutely roasted for it though.
You for £#%&!ing real? The most negative @#%&! imaginable who made nearly every united fan I know suicidal being compared against a lad who’s been in position for all of 5 months, during which time he very nearly recovered our season completely?

If ole is being a jumped up narcissistic miserable grade a @#%&! in 3 seasons time then shout up. until then, give it a £#%&!ing rest with your mou hard done to shit. Best thing the club has done in a long time was getting rid of that £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:47 PM
TheFatGoth

Imagine a Real Madrid or Barcelona manager admitting that

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:52 PM
MartialLaw

He's the patsy the glazers dreamed of

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:52 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
He's the patsy the glazers dreamed of
Where are you?

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Buck

Lets be avin' you

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:55 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Sure it’s 70% wummery but the relentless nature makes it feel like water torture. The forum so much the poorer for it too.
I think it says a lot about your state of mind. This is not wummery.

Maybe time for a break from the forum for you if you feel everything is wumming.

What's wumming about asking questions about whether it's ok to admit even before a ball has been kicked next season that we will not win the league? We are Manchester United?

As Keano said, the standards have slipped at this club, on and off the pitch.

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:56 PM
jem

Quote:
It has to be the right quality, right personality, the right standards to get us back to where we want to be.
and who would argue?

mourinho has been an absolute @#%&! his entire life. ole hasn't.

Unread 24-04-2019, 07:59 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Imagine a Real Madrid or Barcelona manager admitting that
Well imagine the Madrid manager admitting that they have only won the league twice in ten years.

It would make sense for someone to tell the manager that they are not set to win it again soon

Unread 24-04-2019, 08:05 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
I think it says a lot about your state of mind. This is not wummery.

Maybe time for a break from the forum for you if you feel everything is wumming.

What's wumming about asking questions about whether it's ok to admit even before a ball has been kicked next season that we will not win the league? We are Manchester United?

As Keano said, the standards have slipped at this club, on and off the pitch.
Was giving you the benefit of the doubt re the wumming. Will give the forum a wide swerve if it’s subjected to your constant knicker pissing/prodding/poking routine. No problem with that at all.
Closed Thread