United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-07-2018, 07:05 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
They've appointed Lopetegui. On the day before the World Cup started, even though he was Spain manager at the time. Did you really miss that?
Been there long enough for the elbow, tbf

Unread 17-07-2018, 07:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Announced just a few days after Deschamps achieved safety. This lad cba with proper management can he

Unread 17-07-2018, 09:55 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Announced just a few days after Deschamps achieved safety. This lad cba with proper management can he
The word ‘fraud’ gets thrown about a lot when it comes to the upper echelons of football management, but this bloke fully deserves it.

I would be very surprised if he ever gets close to another Champions League title now that he hasn’t got that ridiculous Madrid squad at his disposal.

I am fully prepared to eat my proverbial hat if he proves me wrong by taking over from Allegri and guiding the Old Lady to Big Ears, but from what I’ve seen so far he’s relied on a highly efficient side of proven, experienced, world-class winners, all at the peak of their footballing careers, and a lot of luck. I reckon he’s a good motivator, but I have questions on his ability to build a top side from scratch, and develop an attractive style of play. A bald fraud.

Unread 17-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Mr_Ed

A bald fraud who won more than Jose did.

Unread 17-07-2018, 10:23 PM
andyroo

Actually it is hard to see what he actually did that made much of a difference in all those trophies.

But anyway thank £#%&! he did, well at least the last one.

Unread 17-07-2018, 10:26 PM
sa7

Quote:
Actually it is hard to see what he actually did that made much of a difference in all those trophies.

But anyway thank £#%&! he did, well at least the last one.
He didn’t.

Any time he actually had to make a tactical change he was scratching his Travolta-Dome utterly stumped.

That Madrid side is a bit like Chelsea 2008 under Avram Grant. A group of talented players with big personalities basically taking charge of things.

Unread 17-07-2018, 10:28 PM
n48

Granted a talented squad but still made astute substutions and motivated a group who'd won it all.

Unread 17-07-2018, 10:34 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Granted a talented squad but still made astute substutions and motivated a group who'd won it all.
When?

And don’t give me Bale scoring a wonder goal nobody would’ve predicted.

Unread 17-07-2018, 11:02 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Miss it ? No

Forgot it ? Yes
dont worry. a poster called Arnold ended up posting a screenshot of his new Amazon order....along with his name and postcode, the other day.

Unread 18-07-2018, 10:50 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
He didn’t.

Any time he actually had to make a tactical change he was scratching his Travolta-Dome utterly stumped.

That Madrid side is a bit like Chelsea 2008 under Avram Grant. A group of talented players with big personalities basically taking charge of things.

Add in Conte... all riding on Jose’s coat tails.

Unread 18-07-2018, 10:57 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

Add in Conte... all riding on Jose’s coat tails.

Unread 18-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 18-07-2018, 12:12 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
A bald fraud who won more than Jose did.
Won more than 8 league titles? Incredible.

Unread 18-07-2018, 12:16 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
He man managed a large group of young egotistical millionaires. It’s the key to management. And he did it so well they won 3 European cups.

Unread 18-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Been there long enough for the elbow, tbf
What's Fellaini got to do with it
Closed Thread