United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2019, 05:43 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreez
There will be nothing sweeter than a successful rebuild with Ole at the helm. Gosh it would be glorious.
true dat.

but, even if the shitefest continues, we have been such lucky @#%&!s to witness the sustained success that we have. if someone had offered you the next 25 years in 1989, you would have bitten his hand off, chewed through his elbow, had playful nibble at his shoulder on the way up and licked the wax out of his ear for pudding.

there is no excuse for the level of incompetence currently, though. we should only breed or buy "united players" and woodward and the glazers don't have a £#%&!ing clue what that is.

Unread 25-04-2019, 06:13 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
true dat.

but, even if the shitefest continues, we have been such lucky @#%&!s to witness the sustained success that we have. if someone had offered you the next 25 years in 1989, you would have bitten his hand off, chewed through his elbow, had playful nibble at his shoulder on the way up and licked the wax out of his ear for pudding.

there is no excuse for the level of incompetence currently, though. we should only breed or buy "united players" and woodward and the glazers don't have a £#%&!ing clue what that is.
How does Antonio Valencia into this "united players" business.

Unread 25-04-2019, 06:29 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
How does Antonio Valencia into this "united players" business.
What a £#%&!ing #@&%! you are. Jesus christ.

Unread 25-04-2019, 07:10 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
What a £#%&!ing #@&%! you are. Jesus christ.
Let jemster answer the question.

Unread 25-04-2019, 11:59 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Let jemster answer the question.
what exactly are you asking? he works hard, he's been adaptable - he was the best right back in the league, despite not being a right back - and he is a tough bastard. yes, he can't cross and he has been coached into timidity, but that would not be a problem in a defensive midfield role - a position where we have very little in the way of options. he is dynamic and he can tackle. obviously, he doesn't represent the future and he's not my ideal player (he's just better than the other shit available), but he hasn't been a big £#%&!ing disappointment. mourinho made a big £#%&!ing mistake sidelining him (put that in your pipe and smoke it).

I'm not suggesting we build the team around him. I think I prefer hmdb's answer.

Unread 26-04-2019, 12:15 AM
utd99

Could have worked, so long as the ball stayed on the right hand side of the pitch for 90 minutes.

Unread 26-04-2019, 09:58 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
what exactly are you asking? he works hard, he's been adaptable - he was the best right back in the league, despite not being a right back - and he is a tough bastard. yes, he can't cross and he has been coached into timidity, but that would not be a problem in a defensive midfield role - a position where we have very little in the way of options. he is dynamic and he can tackle. obviously, he doesn't represent the future and he's not my ideal player (he's just better than the other shit available), but he hasn't been a big £#%&!ing disappointment. mourinho made a big £#%&!ing mistake sidelining him (put that in your pipe and smoke it).

I'm not suggesting we build the team around him. I think I prefer hmdb's answer.

Handled that quite well I thought.
Closed Thread