United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2007, 01:52 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default "Is this Tevez deal worth the hassle? Should we just £#%&! it off?"

Err, what hassle? We just sit about while other people go to court. Doesn't seem like much of a hassle to me. The deal's already done from our side so basically we have nowt to do.

Unread 25-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Kim Jong-il

Its funny potentially dropping WH in the shit, even if the deal doesn't happen

Unread 25-07-2007, 01:54 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Err, what hassle? We just sit about while other people go to court. Doesn't seem like much of a hassle to me. The deal's already done from our side so basically we have nowt to do.
it's going to the high court and the transfer deadline is in 5 weeks. there is absolutely no chance that Tevez will sign this summer. nft.

Unread 25-07-2007, 01:54 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
that's worth it!!

Unread 25-07-2007, 01:55 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
The waiting unsettles things slightly though.

For example, if he arrives then Smith will probably leave. But if he doesnt then we may still need him. I'm sure Fergie would like it resolved if nothing more than to allow him to gauge who should leave.

Unread 25-07-2007, 01:55 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

For example, if he arrives then Smith will probably leave. But if he doesnt then we may still need him. I'm sure Fergie would like it resolved if nothing more than to allow him to gauge who should leave.
spot on. nft.

Unread 25-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
........... is the correct answer.

Unread 25-07-2007, 01:58 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
it's going to the high court and the transfer deadline is in 5 weeks. there is absolutely no chance that Tevez will sign this summer. nft.
Drivel. It may not go to the High Court. There may be a deal behind the scenes. Also if it does go to court MSI seem confident that this is the best way to get a deal done in time for the transfer window. So, we just have to wait a bit, and put up with wailing gloom-mongers, like you, for a bit. Not a problem, I'm off on holiday and can ignore it fora coupla weeks. Hassle? There isn't any.

Unread 25-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Camel

so in effect, you're asking if it's worth the hassle to replace smith with tevez. mmmm. tough one that.

Unread 25-07-2007, 01:59 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Hardly a major issue though is it? I mean having to keep Smith an extra 5 months, who cares?

Unread 25-07-2007, 01:59 PM
magic_cantona

I can just see this dragging on, we won't get another striker in because it'll be too late and, later on in the season, we'll all say "£#%&!ing hell!Saha's out again and we're struggling for goals.I wish we had another forward.".

Unless it gets sorted in the next week or so, we should forget it and move on.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:00 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Drivel. It may not go to the High Court. There may be a deal behind the scenes. Also if it does go to court MSI seem confident that this is the best way to get a deal done in time for the transfer window. So, we just have to wait a bit, and put up with wailing gloom-mongers, like you, for a bit. Not a problem, I'm off on holiday and can ignore it fora coupla weeks. Hassle? There isn't any.
have West Ham even received this writ? has a date at the HC even been set?
nft.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
so in effect, you're asking if it's worth the hassle to replace smith with tevez. mmmm. tough one that.
Exactly and we don't actually have to get off our arses to do it.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
have West Ham even received this writ? has a date at the HC even been set?
nft.
Neither of us know, I just don't see the need for the gloom. Oh let's £#%&! off signing a top player because what? You don't know what date the court case starts? Honestly, get a grip. It's not like there's anothr option, we either wait and probbly get him or £#%&! it off and get no-one. Fergie has made it very clear it's Tevez he wants and there isn't a lesser option. If I were you I'd start ignoring the situation, you may not survive otherwise.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I can just see this dragging on, we won't get another striker in because it'll be too late and, later on in the season, we'll all say "£#%&!ing hell!Saha's out again and we're struggling for goals.I wish we had another forward.".

Unless it gets sorted in the next week or so, we should forget it and move on.
We aren't gonna move on, Fergie wants Tevez, he was happy to wait on Hargreaves what makes you think he won't for Tevez.

The Return of JC

Quote:
Hardly a major issue though is it? I mean having to keep Smith an extra 5 months, who cares?
I never said it was major, but it's still unsettling and not ideal.

Smith cares, Rossi cares and I'm sure the Glazers care. It doesn't do anyone any good not knowing where they stand (players or management) a lot of our sales MIGHT be dependant on this Tevez deal and we all know that it's better for everyone to get your transfers in and out of the club as quickly as possible. A small proportion of the squad will have a unsettled feeling hanging over it until this is resolved.

It's a negative factor but I can't see it being 'hassle' enough for us to pull out of a deal.

El Calafate

Quote:
Neither of us know, I just don't see the need for the gloom. Oh let's £#%&! off signing a top player because what? You don't know what date the court case starts? Honestly, get a grip. It's not like there's anothr option, we either wait and probbly get him or £#%&! it off and get no-one. Fergie has made it very clear it's Tevez he wants and there isn't a lesser option. If I were you I'd start ignoring the situation, you may not survive otherwise.
says the guy who has a daily Tevez thread? nft.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:06 PM
MJ Ramone

With all the likely 'appeals' from both sides I don't expect to see Tevez in a United shirt before January...if at all.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
says the guy who has a daily Tevez thread? nft.
Yes and it's never gloom filled, mostly light hearted. I think it'll likely happen but if not, know there isn't a fallback option so I don't see why £#%&!ing it off makes sense. You make it sound like we're in some physical struggle, we are just waiting around for Tevez to be available.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:08 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I never said it was major, but it's still unsettling and not ideal.

Smith cares, Rossi cares and I'm sure the Glazers care. It doesn't do anyone any good not knowing where they stand (players or management) a lot of our sales MIGHT be dependant on this Tevez deal and we all know that it's better for everyone to get your transfers in and out of the club as quickly as possible. A small proportion of the squad will have a unsettled feeling hanging over it until this is resolved.

It's a negative factor but I can't see it being 'hassle' enough for us to pull out of a deal.
That' was my point, it's not a major hassle.
Closed Thread