United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-03-2008, 06:17 PM
legendary saf

Not as confident as I would have been about this game 2 months ago...

Our home form is poor, we're not playing well.

i sincerely see a draw on sunday and maybe a loss if Liverpool score first.

I would start this team

Edwin

Hargreaves-Rio-Vidic-Evra

Ronaldo-Carrick-Scholes-Giggs

Rooney - Tevez

SAF will start this though

Edwin

Brown-Rio-Vidic-Evra

Ronaldo-Carrick-Scholes-Park/Nani

Giggs
Rooney

Unread 21-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Enjoying Insanity

I don't really care who plays as long as Giggs and O-£#%&!ing-Shea aren't involved and Carrick is.

Unread 21-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Gizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Not as confident as I would have been about this game 2 months ago...

Our home form is poor, we're not playing well.

i sincerely see a draw on sunday and maybe a loss if Liverpool score first.

I would start this team

Edwin

Hargreaves-Rio-Vidic-Evra

Ronaldo-Carrick-Scholes-Giggs

Rooney - Tevez

SAF will start this though

Edwin

Brown-Rio-Vidic-Evra

Ronaldo-Carrick-Scholes-Park/Nani

Giggs
Rooney
how is our home form poor having failed to win all but 3 of our home games in all competitions this season? ok, we may of lost 2 out of the last 4 home games or whatever it was, but the pompey game was a freak result and city game a freak performance!

Unread 21-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Smeggs

VDS (Foster)

Brown
Vidic
Rio (Pique)
Evra

Ronny
Carrick
Anderson (but it'll be Scholes)
Giggs

Rooney
Tevez

Unread 21-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
[Evra]
Hargo
Carrick
Anderson
Ronnie
Tevez
Rooney
Lacks a Giggs for a start off, but could be decent I suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
[that's] our best team, imo.
hmm, that seems like a giant leap to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
that team has not had one outing yet. love to see how they'd play.
the plot thickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
Freudian slip?

Either way you appear to have accidentally selected Louis Saha. It's not 2004 Jem.
saha was injured in 2004 wasn't he?

my team would be VDS, the back 4 + Hargreaves, then Scholes, Fletcher, Giggs, Ronaldo & Rooney. On the bench: Tevez, Nutsack, O'Shea, Carrick, Wellbeck

Unread 21-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Pudge_Bear

it does amaze me slightly how quickly scholes has gone from main man in some peoples eyes to the bench in a matter of weeks. all the more astonishing that his replacement is a 19 year old brazilian who, for all his achievements thus far, has produced very little (if any) by way of goals and assists. not knocking him there at all, myself id have him in the team, but if it has to be a straight choice between him and scholes-for liverpool at home at this time of the season- it has to be scholes for me.

giggs shouldnt start however, i do agree with that. the way liverpool play though, its not at the tempo of an arsenal or with the power of chelsea, we dont really need to 'get in their faces' as much as we do when we play the other two, which is where anderson and even fletcher do come into their own.

and finally, tevez has to play imo.

Unread 21-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Lacks a Giggs for a start off, but could be decent I suppose

hmm, that seems like a giant leap to me

the plot thickens

saha was injured in 2004 wasn't he?

my team would be VDS, the back 4 + Hargreaves, then Scholes, Fletcher, Giggs, Ronaldo & Rooney. On the bench: Tevez, Nutsack, O'Shea, Carrick, Wellbeck
Your stupidity knows no bounds.

Carrick has been our best midfielder this season, we have only looked comfortable when he has been on the pitch.

How you can put Mr Lazy, Fletcher (although he has been good) and a clearly off the pace Scholes in before him is mind-blowingly stupid.

Are you actually SAF, because your ridiculous selections suggest you might be.

Unread 21-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
it does amaze me slightly how quickly scholes has gone from main man in some peoples eyes to the bench in a matter of weeks. all the more astonishing that his replacement is a 19 year old brazilian who, for all his achievements thus far, has produced very little (if any) by way of goals and assists. not knocking him there at all, myself id have him in the team, but if it has to be a straight choice between him and scholes-for liverpool at home at this time of the season- it has to be scholes for me.

giggs shouldnt start however, i do agree with that. the way liverpool play though, its not at the tempo of an arsenal or with the power of chelsea, we dont really need to 'get in their faces' as much as we do when we play the other two, which is where anderson and even fletcher do come into their own.

and finally, tevez has to play imo.
Agree with all of this.

Unread 21-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Enjoying Insanity

If we are going to play a middle two, it has to be Carrick and Hargreaves/Fletcher.

Anything else is just stupid.

Unread 21-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Look you £#%&!ing imbecile, I'm picking a team good enough to win the match okay.

Tbf Tevez is seriously unlucky not to get the nod for this game, but I've had a quiet word and he understands that we need to try and get Ronaldo's potency unleashed and the confusion created by Rooney's energy alone should suffice early doors, allowing the class of Scholes and Giggs to cut the granny stabbers apart. When the time is right Hargreaves or Fletcher can be hooked for the devil, depending on who isn't performing and we can revert to a more rigid 4-4-2, possibly with Park on for the ageing Giggs by that stage.

Unread 21-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Part 36 Offer

Default Fergie's team

VDS

Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Anderson
Hargreaves

Ronaldo
Tevez
Giggs

Rooney

Unread 21-03-2008, 08:38 PM
magic_cantona

I hope Nani starts.

VDS/Foster
Wes
Rio (If fit)
Vidic
Evra

Nani
Hargo
Carrick
Ron

Roon
Tevez (Though if Saha is fit, I wouldn't be too arsed to see him start)

Bench: Anderson, Scholes, Saha/Tevez, Giggs, O'Shit, Fletch, a keeper

Unread 21-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Another positive prediction
If you'd got even half right this season we'd be in the bottom 5 and fighting to stay in the league.
I don't need to explain myself again do I? Do I?

Last two positive predictions I made we lost. It may be nothing but a bit of fun but I'm not tempting fate.

Unread 21-03-2008, 10:02 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I don't need to explain myself again do I? Do I?

Last two positive predictions I made we lost. It may be nothing but a bit of fun but I'm not tempting fate.

Unread 21-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Whalefish

You may laugh but I won't be come 4pm Sunday.

Unread 21-03-2008, 10:24 PM
redmike

I'm equally crap at predictions so 3-1 the rat munchers.
Closed Thread