United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

3 points.

Clean sheet.

Pogba and Martial back next week.

Nft.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:02 PM
red in cumbria

People complaining about the performance - before the game Leicester were going to give us a footballing lesson, remember?

One (unlucky) defeat in five now

jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Scotty McT the next Darren Fletcher.
harsh.

Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'd much rather be seeing some kind of improvement in performances and looking like a cohesive football team.
No you wouldn't.

You'd be '1 win from 5'-ing it like crazy if we'd played well and drew.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
No you wouldn't.

You'd be '1 win from 5'-ing it like crazy if we'd played well and drew.
So you're happy with that performance then?

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:03 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
if we could score penalties... or even win the ones we should have had.... we'd be.... um... we'd still be a bit shit.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:03 PM
puressence

Great to see the champions elect win comfortably 3-0 vardy Hatrick. Oh wait

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:04 PM
AK14

Quote:
I'd much rather be seeing some kind of improvement in performances and looking like a cohesive football team.
Not going to happen anytime soon pal.

It’s about the long game and we’re at the start of rebuild and transition phase, let’s just hope we see this one through to the end.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:05 PM
puressence

Most of the twitter and Fred top boys weekend ruined

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
People complaining about the performance - before the game Leicester were going to give us a footballing lesson, remember?

Yep.

I thought they’d turn us over tbh, but we came out fighting and defended very well against a decent side. This isn’t a quick fix and will take time.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
So you're happy with that performance then?
That has nothing to do with my reply.

Everything you post is negative. Had we not won, you'd be telling us all that, regardless of how we played.

I think we really needed to win and didn't expect us to.

I'm pleased we have. That's it.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Big Norm

Great 3 points against a decent side tbh. Maguire excellent again as was big Scott. Thought we looked better when Fred came on as well.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
That has nothing to do with my reply.

Everything you post is negative. Had we not won, you'd be telling us all that, regardless of how we played.

I think we really needed to win and didn't expect us to.

I'm pleased we have. That's it.
Good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Great 3 points against a decent side tbh. Maguire excellent again as was big Scott. Thought we looked better when Fred came on as well.
Matic and Mata should not be in the same midfield. ever again. Was like watching a pair of statues in midfield.

the modern game is all about energy, mobility and fast transitions. Those two are glacial.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:09 PM
utd99

Big win in the battle for 6th.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:09 PM
Ethers

Important win that, and a deserved one. Battled hard. Nice to see a clean sheet too.

Job done.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:12 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
harsh.
Really?

Would be delighted with Darren fletcher in this side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Aye Fred looked OK.

It was decent enough. Rashford showed some balls putting that pen away.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Good for you

Matic and Mata should not be in the same midfield. ever again. Was like watching a pair of statues in midfield.

the modern game is all about energy, mobility and fast transitions. Those two are glacial.
I dont think anyone is suggesting it's a good performance, but we need a little context and perspective.

This team is several signings and a long way from where we want it to be.

We all know this. Its going to take time.

Meanwhile, we have 1 win in 4 and we're throwing points away. We're missing two of our better players. Before the match, we were highly unfancied against a team expected to challenge around us.

I think most would have taken any kind of win. The likelihood of us producing a classic performance for us all to get excited about was remote.

We needed that win.

I'm sure you would have taken that beforehand. We all would.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Buck

Daniel James confidence is sensational. We're seeing glimpses of a potential great forward line when we're around the opposition penalty box. The speed we have gives us an outlet and that's why we win so many penalties.

Unread 14-09-2019, 05:51 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
3 points.

Clean sheet.

Pogba and Martial back next week.

Nft.
Let us enjoy this first please ffs

Unread 14-09-2019, 06:04 PM
Albert Tatlock

Three points is three points, which is far better than one or none...

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Big win in the battle for 6th.
We're 4th btw....