United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I'm going to post a team with the usual caveats about how this will usually destroy everything good and pure...

Amos

Pre-Raphelite - Small Gin - Evans - Pre-Fabioelite

Gibson - Anderson - Park

Brady Bebe

Macheda

I like it, it's so crazy it just might work.

Is Michael Owen fit btw?

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I like it, it's so crazy it just might work.

Is Michael Owen fit btw?
Don't really care that much

If he is he should be sharpening up in the reserves

Unread 26-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I hope Bebe starts.
Saw him on Salford precinct shouting at buses with a bottle of white lightning before. Old school match preparation, just like Robbo innit.

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Don't really care that much

If he is he should be sharpening up in the reserves
Well yes, but I doubt our mercurial manager holds the same viewpoint.

Unread 26-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Sloppy

Youth key to cup success

Sir Alex Ferguson will field his usual blend of youth and experience in tonight's Carling Cup tie against Wolves, a policy he feels is responsible for United's recent success in the competition.

United are bidding to win the trophy for the third consecutive season and Sir Alex has confirmed many of the fringe players who featured in the 5-2 win over Scunthorpe in the last round will feature again.

Sir Alex has long used this competition to introduce his younger players to the bigger stage, though he's also started to select some Champions League games for the same purpose, with the likes of Chris Smalling and Kiko Macheda starting against Bursaspor last week.

The Reds boss told MUTV: "We have a big complement of players here, and Fabio, Gibson, Kiko, Obertan, Bebe, Evans and Smalling will all be involved against Wolves.

"I thought our young players did very well at Scunthorpe. We had seven chances and scored five goals. It’s a great ratio – I wish I could say that every week!

"There’s been a slight change this season in that we feel we should be giving some experience to the younger players in European games too, as another stage in their progress. We did that with Kiko, Smalling, Rafael and Kuszczak against Bursaspor, to see how they would react, and we’re very pleased with that.

"So it’ll be a young but very capable team tonight. We’ve been doing that in the League Cup for quite a few years now and we’ve had good success in it.

"But I expect a tough game. You know exactly what you are going to get from Mick McCarthy's teams."

Link
Closed Thread