United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-05-2021, 07:30 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
New 5 year deal
Anyone that thinks this is a good idea is either £#%&!ing #@&%!ed or they want to see United fail.

Unread 28-05-2021, 07:33 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Anyone that thinks this is a good idea is either £#%&!ing #@&%!ed or they want to see United fail.
Yeah I was thinking a 10 year contract just to make sure he can rebuild the squad. That’s a player a season, which should just about cover it.

Unread 28-05-2021, 07:39 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Yeah I was thinking a 10 year contract just to make sure he can rebuild the squad. That’s a player a season, which should just about cover it.

Unread 28-05-2021, 07:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
A few reds owe Maguire an apology.

Unread 28-05-2021, 07:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
That’s like 50% of City’s game plan tbf.

Of course taken out of context and not taking into account what is going on off screen. The last pass finally drawing out a Villarreal player allowing Bailly to cut back and chop a pass out with his left peg to AWB starting us moving forward. Let’s not show that though

Unread 28-05-2021, 07:51 PM
tatty

Imagine you're Woodward and you're looking for a manager with a choice of any in the world.

Not a single person on here (with any sense) would have Ole in the top 10 on their possibles list.

He isn't even in the top half dozen of managers we COULD have now.

Football is about results and winning things not a flag waving contest to see who can be most 'loyal'.

Unread 28-05-2021, 07:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yes we can.

The only replacement you've suggested was sacked by Tottenham Hotspur and just lost a one-horse race in France. There's no point in ripping up and starting again for that.
I mean, that's just incredible isn't it. If any United manager was in that position, they would do well to escape being torn limb from limb

Unread 28-05-2021, 08:27 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I mean, that's just incredible isn't it. If any United manager was in that position, they would do well to escape being torn limb from limb
To be fair, we also came second in a one horse race.

Unread 28-05-2021, 10:11 PM
dinger

With fans back in ot next season he’s going to get a helluva lot of ht boos if the past season is anything to go by. The away games will revert back to normality with screaming mutants at most grounds so I doubt our away record will match this season’s. He won’t be backed in the transfer market so I don’t see him seeing next season out, this new contract offer is bizarre

Unread 28-05-2021, 10:22 PM
20LEgend1999

Why would our away form revert to type with fans in stadiums, but our home form not improve?

Unread 28-05-2021, 10:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Why would our away form revert to type with fans in stadiums, but our home form not improve?
Because it suits the agenda

Unread 28-05-2021, 10:32 PM
dinger

Quote:
You think the support next season aren’t going to be on their backs if they serve up the shite they have at home this season? After that final? You think this is a team of strong personalities that can cope with fans turning? Or do they even look like a side who are going to be coached how to break down a deep defensive team?

Unread 28-05-2021, 11:09 PM
20LEgend1999

I don't think we'll serve up shite like we have at home this season on a regular basis next season. I might be wrong, we'll see. The evidence of the season suggests that home/away form is pretty much irrelevant when there's no fans. I expect it to revert to type next season.

There's been more away wins than home wins this season for the first time in top flight history. Poor home form isn't a United thing this season, it's just we don't pay attention to other teams. Only City won more than 10 league games at home this season. We won 9 (and I believe it would've been more if not for having 2 home games in 3 days). United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Leeds and Leicester (8 of the top 10) got more points away than at home.

With fans in, it is likely that we'll be worse away, but by the same logic we'll be better at home. I might be missing your point I don't know.

Unread 28-05-2021, 11:59 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
I don't think we'll serve up shite like we have at home this season on a regular basis next season. I might be wrong, we'll see. The evidence of the season suggests that home/away form is pretty much irrelevant when there's no fans. I expect it to revert to type next season.

There's been more away wins than home wins this season for the first time in top flight history. Poor home form isn't a United thing this season, it's just we don't pay attention to other teams. Only City won more than 10 league games at home this season. We won 9 (and I believe it would've been more if not for having 2 home games in 3 days). United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Leeds and Leicester (8 of the top 10) got more points away than at home.

With fans in, it is likely that we'll be worse away, but by the same logic we'll be better at home. I might be missing your point I don't know.
As it stands with all the squads as they currently are, where would you have us finishing next year?

Btw You had us champions this year and redacted (I) had us down in 5th right at the start of the season.

I really can’t see better us than 3rd. Probably worse.

Unread 29-05-2021, 12:01 AM
dinger

Honestly what makes you think we aren’t going to play the exact same way we have at home against teams that sit deep, the way we always do, for the past 2 seasons?

Believe me I would love to end up looking a @#%&! for having this opinion next season but I don’t see it changing, convince me I’m wrong

Unread 29-05-2021, 12:07 AM
Hyman_Roth

And my bowels are erased.

Unread 29-05-2021, 12:22 AM
20LEgend1999

I will have us as Champions in any future poll too. I think after City, you can make the argument for us, Chelsea or Liverpool having the next best squad (when everyone is fit). Comparing squads is difficult, as the perception basically swings based on form.

I think Chelsea have the second best squad off the top of my head, but I haven't looked side by side.

As it stands 2nd, 3rd or 4th wouldn't surprise me. I think Liverpool and Chelsea will be better next season, but I feel just as confident we will too.

Four teams competing and us coming up short by a few points and finishing 4th would be a much better season than coming 2nd behind runaway leader.

I naively believe that this summer will be different and we'll strengthen the squad with three first team players and maybe someone like Trippier for RB cover. I thought that last summer too though.

If we get Sancho, and a Center Back and Midfielder that are upgrades on what we have, I think the expectation should be a title challenge.

Loads of people said when Jose got sacked "whoever it is, it's going to take them 3 years to sort this out". 3rd in his first full season was alright, 2nd this season was decent. The next step has to be a title challenge, and if we get reinforcements in those three key positions, there's no excuse for us not to be competing.

Unread 29-05-2021, 12:28 AM
dinger

We sign 2 first team midfielders & a centre back and Id be like a pig in shite and happy to see ole have a crack at it. We probably have the forwards to operate in front of a class midfield IMO

Ain’t happening however

Unread 29-05-2021, 12:29 AM
Stickman

As things stand today I’d take 3rd and a trophy. Would love to put a title challenge together though.

Unread 29-05-2021, 07:45 AM
saffers

Quote:
Dunk ticks both those boxes.
Closed Thread