Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
i'm 34 years old and have been to watch my team since i was 7 years old

it means something to me, it means nothing to you
you are correct there billy, your life story means jack shit to me.

youve been a regular since you were 7? well i dont believe you.

if i was to make a guess, i would say youve been a regular for 2-3 seasons at most. probably in the exec area away from the hardcore fans

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
you are correct there billy, your life story means jack shit to me.

youve been a regular since you were 7? well i dont believe you.

if i was to make a guess, i would say youve been a regular for 2-3 seasons at most. probably in the exec area away from the hardcore fans
not my life story, united means something to me

my old man went home and away for years including '68

took me to the Brighton Cup Final

i've never been in exec seats at OT

just guess away with no basis whatsoever though

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Ginners

Quote:
not my life story, united means something to me

my old man went home and away for years including '68

took me to the Brighton Cup Final

i've never been in exec seats at OT

just guess away with no basis whatsoever though
nicely avoided the "regular since 7" question

theres lots of people on here who probably have been regulars all their lives, but they never mention it. do you know why? because they are proper reds. not pseudo-reds like yourself.

you go to games so that you can say you go to games.

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:

theres lots of people on here who probably have been regulars all their lives, but they never mention it. do you know why? because they are proper reds. not pseudo-reds like yourself.

no avoidance

i had a period when at college down here when i i couldn't afford to go much

yeah pseudo red, my whole family goes and always has. even my mum has a ST

i go to games to watch live football with fellow fans. try it

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Smeggs

Quote:

that is nearly always the opinion of people who never or hardly ever go. do you honestly believe what you are saying?

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:42 AM
stax

not saying ones better than the other because it doesn't really matter in the great scheme of things but there is a £#%&!ing huge difference between people who have been to the odd match and those who've traipsed around the country watching United..it's a shared experience thing

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:44 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Ginners, at times you sound deranged.

No offence like.

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
that is nearly always the opinion of people who never or hardly ever go. do you honestly believe what you are saying?
when talking about baroo, yes. im not saying that about everyone, but him definitely. hes always going on about how he goes etc, i dont see anyone else doing it. he goes purely so he can say he goes. otherwise he would never mention it. fact

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Ginners, at times you sound deranged.

No offence like.
none taken, the true greats always do.

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:47 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
none taken, the true greats always do.
Aye, Adolf Hitler was a legend.

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Aye, Adolf Hitler was a legend.
einstien, hawkins, darnell, edison

people all thought they were a bit mental

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
when talking about baroo, yes. im not saying that about everyone, but him definitely. hes always going on about how he goes etc, i dont see anyone else doing it. he goes purely so he can say he goes. otherwise he would never mention it. fact
i disagree. i don't think any regular match going football supporter goes because they want to tell everybody they do. perhaps those going to the odd 'big' game do that but not people giving up thier time week in / week out.

btw this was 'my' thread on pompey/songs/players etc...seems to have gone off at a tangent since then!

Unread 27-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
'united fan' reckons i'm a @#%&! for going

its new one on me

i go for the love of it and thats why i can't understand you're sort and have no respect at all for them

you are simply not willing to give up any time and therefore on the occasions that you have been you can't have fallen in love with it. its a drug that you can't get enough of

the journey up with friends, meeting family, walking up to the ground with the fans, the humour, the pain, the joy and best of all getting to watch fantastic football live as it is meant to be watched

edit apologies to smeggs

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Ginners

Quote:
you are simply not willing to give up any time and therefore on the occasions that you have been you can't have fallen in love with it. its a drug that you can't get enough of

the journey up with friends, meeting family, walking up to the ground with the fans, the humour, the pain, the joy and best of all getting to watch fantastic football live as it is meant to be watched
all that is fair enough, one last question.

why do you always mention the fact you go?

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:08 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default Fair play to ginners

for being so honest about his absurdly low attendence at matches - but as for giving match going lads a hard time? i think your wicket is somewhat sticky

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
all that is fair enough, one last question.

why do you always mention the fact you go?
i don't unless its pointing out the blatant idiocy of those who don't go yet reckon they know best

when i do it is mainly when someone is slagging or praising a player etc when they've sat and watched the game on the telly

you cannot get a true perspective.

as an example many of the rooney detractors are non match going and pipe up with rubbish about him not being in the game or scoring. the mad @#%&! is NEVER out of the game. He occupies 2-3 players alone through sheer effort, willpower and selflessness creating space for others or forcing errors from defenders

you don't see movement, running off the ball, defensive tracking, tactical formations etc

i do bang my drum about this because it is true

you don't get the close ups but i'll watch them when i get home

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
for being so honest about his absurdly low attendence at matches - but as for giving match going lads a hard time? i think your wicket is somewhat sticky
again ive been miss understood, im only slagging baroo. all the local reds who have been going for their entire life have my full respect.

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:11 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Default You can always tell

the difference between match goers and skyers. NFT

Unread 27-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Rossi the Red

Top Reds boycott games, fact.
Closed Thread