United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 09-04-2022, 04:28 PM
naes_sean

Brighton beating arsenal 2-0. Makes the loss today even worse.

Unread 09-04-2022, 05:01 PM
Mr_Ed

Unread 09-04-2022, 05:04 PM
MUFC One Love

I don't think I've seen a United team like this.

Unread 09-04-2022, 05:16 PM
silv

Can we get carrick back?

Unread 09-04-2022, 05:18 PM
MUFC One Love

They're lucky they have the support they get. Imagine if they played in Italy.

Unread 09-04-2022, 05:19 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Can we get carrick back?
him and o'shea could do a job in midfield

Unread 09-04-2022, 05:32 PM
windy waffles

Can we get McKenna back from Ipswich?

Unread 09-04-2022, 05:42 PM
dunk

There can’t be anyone at United looking at them players and thinking they just need a manager and a new direction, surely? The penny has to have dropped, hasn’t it?

A few realised the players were toasting Ole, it has to be confirmed to any and everyone now.

Unread 09-04-2022, 05:43 PM
sweetleftfoot

Utter £#%&!. The lack of effort and pace is worse than it was under Ole.

Unread 09-04-2022, 05:46 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There can’t be anyone at United looking at them players and thinking they just need a manager and a new direction, surely? The penny has to have dropped, hasn’t it?

A few realised the players were toasting Ole, it has to be confirmed to any and everyone now.
Doubt it pal.

Every single one of them should be made available and if a decent offer comes they should be allowed to leave.

Unread 09-04-2022, 05:50 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Doubt it pal.

Every single one of them should be made available and if a decent offer comes they should be allowed to leave.
I’d keep Sancho just because part of me feels sorry for him. Imagine being one of the top prospects in European football, having your pick of top clubs and deciding to come here only to see what we’ve become. I mean he was massively shit today and just as bad as anyone for lack of effort but there’s a distinct thousand yard stare he’s got going on and I’m worried about him tbh. Needs to be monitored 24/7 til Erik turns up and takes him under his wing.

Unread 09-04-2022, 05:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Doubt it pal.

Even during Ole’s time the underlying issue was individual errors, lack of effort defensive and profligacy in front of goal. There were few times we lost and it was clear the manager got it wrong. There were some, but mainly it was as stupid errors and half-arsedness. He dragged them out of spirals like the current one a few times by appealing to their who’s and being pally. This season they were crushed by expectation, as they were in the EL semi and Final, both of which could e been wan but for idiotic errors, and their own poor form. They couldn’t come to terms with either and were given the manager as an excuse by the ole outlets and the press and ran with it. They now have the temporary manager excuse and they’re hiding behind that. Doesn’t matter who comes in, at some point they will face adversity and point blame at the new man.

They all have to go. Keano had them absolutely pegged.

Unread 09-04-2022, 05:56 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Even during Ole’s time the underlying issue was individual errors, lack of effort defensive and profligacy in front of goal. There were few times we lost and it was clear the manager got it wrong. There were some, but mainly it was as stupid errors and half-arsedness. He dragged them out of spirals like the current one a few times by appealing to their who’s and being pally. This season they were crushed by expectation, as they were in the EL semi and Final, both of which could e been wan but for idiotic errors, and their own poor form. They couldn’t come to terms with either and were given the manager as an excuse by the ole outlets and the press and ran with it. They now have the temporary manager excuse and they’re hiding behind that. Doesn’t matter who comes in, at some point they will face adversity and point blame at the new man.

When Guardiola put together what is arguably the greatest Barca team of all time, I’m sure he got rid of about 8 players in his first window. And I’d bet all of those players were a whole lot better than our bunch of charlatans. But he was allowed to do it and they reaped the benefits. Unfortunately where City decided to copy Barcelona’s 2008-2013 approach, we decided to opt for their 2017-2021 approach (minus the trophies) and seem utterly determined to £#%&! the club.

Unread 09-04-2022, 05:58 PM
MUFC One Love

There's a lot of players just not as good as they think they are. And they will be in for a shock. As Martial has found.

Unread 09-04-2022, 06:02 PM
AK14

Quote:

The players have been the main problem for multiple managers. The moment the board backed the players over the manager we were on a slippery slope. The players knew that if times got hard they could half arse it and the manager would be the fall guy and they’d be given another chance under the next bloke.

Like I’ve said previously I’ll forgive a player that puts effort in but isn’t quite good enough. But the ones that holiday to Dubai every winter, complain to the media constantly, say they could leave the club the day after we lose to a rival, say they feel wanted playing for their national team etc etc can get £#%&!ed. They should be the ones that are cleared out first.

Unread 09-04-2022, 06:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
They're lucky they have the support they get. Imagine if they played in Italy.
I was just thinking this. They really do take United's support for granted. No other team in this country could get 74k every home game serving up the tripe they do every week.

United supporters are an easy target for tired old tropes about 'supporters coming from everywhere but manchester' but they turn up every week no matter what.

Shame the team doesnt

Unread 09-04-2022, 06:59 PM
dunk

I don’t even know who the next home game is, but rather than applauding them onto the pitch, everyone in the ground should take a leaf out of the Spanish supporters book and wave a white hanky at them. Or Boo them. Whichever.

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I don’t even know who the next home game is, but rather than applauding them onto the pitch, everyone in the ground should take a leaf out of the Spanish supporters book and wave a white hanky at them. Or Boo them. Whichever.
Norwich.

Nothing for us there.

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Norwich.

Nothing for us there.
Ffs. Humiliation on the horizon.

Unread 09-04-2022, 07:08 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Ffs. Humiliation on the horizon.
Let’s hope. This club needs to £#%&!ing burn before it can get better. I hope we £#%&!ing sink. Get the Glazer @#%&!s out. The rise will be glorious