United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Reply
 
Unread 21-07-2021, 04:03 PM
Jethro
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
I hate the football factory.

Absolute load of shit worshipped by morons.
First time I took mushrooms some utter c*** demanded we watch it. He then proceeded to meltdown in the kitchen as we were stuck watching it tripping our balls off. I hate it so much.
 
Unread 21-07-2021, 04:10 PM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
I hate the football factory.

Absolute load of shit worshipped by morons.
A lad at my school loved it. Used to wear a load of snide Stone Island and Fred Perry gear, did the cockney strut and would regularly tell stories of the “firm” at Leyton Orient. Acted like he was a hard nut. All caught up with him when a Charlton lad got his hands on footage of said hard man and the Leyton Orient boys running away from an actual fight and hiding behind police. He uploaded it to Facebook and sent it around. Laughs were had by all.
 
Unread 21-07-2021, 10:21 PM
AK14
 
Default

Black Mehdow

I think it would have been so much better with her not in it tbph. Just an utter pointless portrayed by a bland and shot actress (our we allowed to say that anymore?) and wtf did they do to the taskmaster?!

Would have been better as an origin story like it started out as imo, which was one of the best starts to an mcu film and some proper edge of your seat stuff.

Still a fun action flick and her sister is which made it worth putting up with Ray Winstones dreadful accent for.
 
Unread 22-07-2021, 09:39 AM
Baron
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Black Mehdow

I think it would have been so much better with her not in it tbph. Just an utter pointless portrayed by a bland and shot actress (our we allowed to say that anymore?) and wtf did they do to the taskmaster?!

Would have been better as an origin story like it started out as imo, which was one of the best starts to an mcu film and some proper edge of your seat stuff.

Still a fun action flick and her sister is which made it worth putting up with Ray Winstones dreadful accent for.
Absolutely extraordinary that he's cast in this. f***ing atrocious.

The film was a complete Meh / 10 as you say, Florence Pugh doing her best Jodie Cromer impersonation (as already mentioned on here - couldn't actually separate the characters by the end if I'm honest, just felt like a massive rip off) also

The gratuitous arse shots of Scarlett every five mins also felt somewhat out of place (I mean, I liked them) but ffs it's a female director - did she think it was empowering or something? What's the difference between that & a bloke directing?
 
Unread 22-07-2021, 09:47 AM
Drexl
 
Default

Shape of Water

Only watched it because I like Michael Shannon and Richard Jenkins.

Not sure what to say. It looked amazing, the sets were incredible, everybody was well cast (Sally Hawkins was superb)...

other than that: self indulgent nonsense. What is basically a kids film tries to lift itself into art by having Hawkins touch herself in the bath

in the bin
 
Unread 22-07-2021, 09:58 AM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Gentlemen is good, the only thing that detracts from it is charlie hunnam who can't act to save his f***ing life.
He's absolutely terrible isn't he. His accent is all over the place.
 
Unread 22-07-2021, 10:34 AM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
Black Mehdow

I think it would have been so much better with her not in it tbph. Just an utter pointless portrayed by a bland and shot actress (our we allowed to say that anymore?) and wtf did they do to the taskmaster?!

Would have been better as an origin story like it started out as imo, which was one of the best starts to an mcu film and some proper edge of your seat stuff.

Still a fun action flick and her sister is which made it worth putting up with Ray Winstones dreadful accent for.
Casting Ray Winstone in anything that isn’t called Apples & Pears, Oi! is unforgivable. He’s digracefully shit in anything that requires anything other than being a geezer.

He damn near ruins The Departed.
 
Unread 22-07-2021, 10:42 AM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Casting Ray Winstone in anything that isn’t called Apples & Pears, Oi! is unforgivable. He’s digracefully shit in anything that requires anything other than being a geezer.

He damn near ruins The Departed.
Might be the worst villain in a super hero movie ever.

And yet still not the worst thing in that film.
 
Unread 22-07-2021, 10:44 AM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Might be the worst villain in a super hero movie ever.

And yet still not the worst thing in that film.
Yeesh.

I enjoy the marvel stuff, to a point, but I was done after End Game. Biggest film of all time, everyone in it, they save the universe in the… ya know…END game.

I think you’ve covered it all, guys.

If people enjoy it cool, but a big appeal of stories for me is that they end.
 
Unread 22-07-2021, 10:58 AM
Buck
 
Default

Murder By Death (1976)

Entertaining satire of the murder mystery whodunnit genre. Big names like Alec Guinness, David Niven, Peter Sellers, Maggie Smith and Peter Falk starring as parodies of famous fictional detective characters.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Movies i saw this weekend - 2021 edition
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Movies I saw this weekend - 2018 Chorlton74 TV / Film / Books / Arts 1780 01-01-2019 12:42 PM
'Movies' I saw this weekend II Ginners TV / Film / Books / Arts 10036 22-12-2014 02:22 PM
'Movies' I saw this weekend Fuzzy Dunlop TV / Film / Books / Arts 10747 16-01-2012 03:24 PM
Special Edition/Directors Cut movies. magic_cantona TV / Film / Books / Arts 20 20-06-2009 12:02 PM
I've got three movies for the weekend Smurf TV / Film / Books / Arts 24 10-06-2007 12:27 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:59 AM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2020 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.