United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 21-07-2021, 01:38 AM
Red_Rizla
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post
It’s all about the tipping point. You may put up with something because (you think) it suits you. But one day it just gets too much … and you get too little.
Sparky makes good points. You make good points. I agree that City’s cheating of the FFP system is obvious to all - the PL, other clubs, other owners, supporters - but it is and has been tolerated. Their corrupt wealth, and Chelsea’s has managed to attract ‘stars’ that has driven up TV revenue. All clubs and owners benefit from that. That said, this heat and alcohol may make me regret posting this.
 
Unread 21-07-2021, 08:46 AM
programmes?
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Well it doesn't take a pulitzer prize winning journalist to work out what city have been doing. A cursory look at their sponsors section on wikipedia could tell you that. At least half a dozen of them are based in abu dhabi and the majority are directly owned by Al Nahyan ruling family. Then suddenly overnight, City are able to command sponsorship deals to rival the likes of Madrid and Manchester United despite having nowhere near the global status or pull. And yet apparently nobody suspected anything.

Yeah right. If mr joe public down the pub could spot it you can bet your life people in the Premier League hierarchy knew it and other club chairmen knew it. The fact is it was an inconvenient truth. The abu Dhabi lot had descended on Manchester and seen about pouring money into the east side of the city thus securing themselves some nice political clout and plenty of good will.

I should imagine that the reason a lot of other clubs have kept their mouths shut is because they've probably got all sorts of dodgy shit to hide as well.
It's still a shithole around there 12 years on. They've invested f***-all in the area. They're only bothered about sports-washing the country in the eyes of the world. They couldn't give a f*** if Janice and Frank at 23 Hellhole Walk want new windows.
 
Unread 21-07-2021, 08:52 AM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rizla View Post
Sparky makes good points. You make good points. I agree that City’s cheating of the FFP system is obvious to all - the PL, other clubs, other owners, supporters - but it is and has been tolerated. Their corrupt wealth, and Chelsea’s has managed to attract ‘stars’ that has driven up TV revenue. All clubs and owners benefit from that. That said, this heat and alcohol may make me regret posting this.
Nailed it. Indirect value increase in their clubs (who won't ever win the league) means that they'll happily keep quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes? View Post
It's still a shithole around there 12 years on. They've invested f***-all in the area. They're only bothered about sports-washing the country in the eyes of the world. They couldn't give a f*** if Janice and Frank at 23 Hellhole Walk want new windows.
But they've turned the tennis centre over to the vaccination roll out, there's two Metrolink stops and everything!!!
 
Unread 21-07-2021, 11:10 PM
avocado
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury View Post
Nailed it. Indirect value increase in their clubs (who won't ever win the league) means that they'll happily keep quiet.



But they've turned the tennis centre over to the vaccination roll out, there's two Metrolink stops and everything!!!
It pains to say it, but they do a lot locally - send academy players into local schools to do sports stuff. Bribery works on a local scale as well as national.
 
Unread 22-07-2021, 07:32 AM
programmes?
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
It pains to say it, but they do a lot locally - send academy players into local schools to do sports stuff. Bribery works on a local scale as well as national.
That's nothing new is it?

My wife works at a local school and they always get visits from Utd academy players, have done for years.

Also, twelve years of "investment" for one player.
 
Unread 22-07-2021, 12:43 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes? View Post
That's nothing new is it?

My wife works at a local school and they always get visits from Utd academy players, have done for years.

Also, twelve years of "investment" for one player.
Even FC United have been doing that. Rhodri Giggs got binned off because he refused to do it.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: City Comedy Collection 2021
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
100000000000006 Great comedy Man City moments waynes ear's Football 579 27-08-2020 11:13 PM
100000000000004 Great comedy Man City moments ScarFace Football 1634 14-07-2017 05:50 PM
100000000000003 Great comedy Man City moments ZiggyStardust Football 3488 01-06-2016 11:35 PM
im currently on 6 of 101 comedy moments for fb on city puressence Football 18 06-06-2013 06:30 PM
100000000000001 Great comedy Man City moments HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon Football 6294 11-02-2012 11:35 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:25 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2020 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.