United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-07-2021, 04:47 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs up

If he's good enough for Bruno then he's good enough for me.

Unread 21-07-2021, 05:23 PM
Ronny

His distribution from the back is why I like him,moves us up the pitch quickly,fits in with what we already have in midfield ie McTom or Fred.
No more sideways passing please.

Unread 21-07-2021, 05:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
His distribution from the back is why I like him,moves us up the pitch quickly,fits in with what we already have in midfield ie McTom or Fred.
No more sideways passing please.
This.

Neves - Bruno - Donny

Unread 21-07-2021, 05:39 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not convinced on this one at all.

Think he lacks mobility. Pops up with the odd spectacular effort, which seem to mask plenty of his failings.
Think it's the opposite to be honest. His (very) occasional worldy distracts from the grunt work he does. He's not quick, but he is definitely mobile and he has added tackling to his game. He always, always works hard.

He had his worst season with us last season but that was par for all our players, only Neto came out with any credit. Neves shooting last season was garbage but obviously the seasons before last show he can sometimes pull off a stunner.

I really dislike footballer stats, but Neves' stack up as a pure CDM. His long passing is his biggest attribute. If he's allowed to get that side of his game going again and not instructed to just give 10 yard backwards balls to the defence, he's great.

If he's playing in an attacking team, like Wolves were in the Championship, he is a Rolls Royce. My only issue is, I'm really not sure that he's a significantly better player than The Scottish Player for what he does and if I had the choice, I'd be buying Bissouma ahead of Neves. Better all round game.

This is the sort of thing he can do if he's got fast, wide strikers to hit. This is the type of ball he picks out all the time if someone will give him the option (which Adama won't because he doesn't make forward runs without the ball).

Unread 21-07-2021, 06:21 PM
MagnificentSeven

henderson

trippier
varane
maguire
shaw

neves
van de beek
fernandes

sancho
cavani/greenwood
rashford/martial

ON.

Unread 21-07-2021, 06:41 PM
Baron

Sell Pogba, get him & Camavinga - pay less in wages, sorted.

Fire Fred into space.

Unread 21-07-2021, 06:45 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
henderson

trippier
varane
maguire
shaw

neves
van de beek
fernandes

sancho
cavani/greenwood
rashford/martial

ON.
Our first 15/16 can challenge for the title.

We just have to pray the Injury/disciplinary Gods smile on us.

Unread 21-07-2021, 07:09 PM
red in cumbria

Worth taking a punt on if available, could very likely get him a lot cheaper than Rice too.

Unread 21-07-2021, 07:17 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Worth taking a punt on if available, could very likely get him a lot cheaper than Rice too.
Depends where you buy it.

Unread 21-07-2021, 07:36 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

Fire Fred into space.
with Branson or Bezos?

Unread 21-07-2021, 07:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
This, but keep Fred.

Unread 21-07-2021, 08:14 PM
Red_Rizla

I quite like Neves, but he would be just somebody different rather than a significant upgrade on what we have already. He is a Fletcher rather than a Scholes

Unread 21-07-2021, 09:58 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
with Branson or Bezos?
Jeffrey... Jeffrey Bezos

Unread 21-07-2021, 10:31 PM
Mr Kaboom

Bang average . Biffs a few 25 yarders a season. Meh

Unread 21-07-2021, 10:44 PM
Sparky***

Cool

Linked with him in July 2021, so given our current speed at completing transfers I'd say this is a shoe for around August 2023

Unread 21-07-2021, 10:46 PM
Switching Off

I'll take anyone. Steve Sidwell, Wilshere, Danny Drinkwater. Sign them all.

Unread 21-07-2021, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rizla
I quite like Neves, but he would be just somebody different rather than a significant upgrade on what we have already. He is a Fletcher rather than a Scholes
The latter aren't exactly two a penny, alas.

Unread 22-07-2021, 10:06 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Think it's the opposite to be honest. His (very) occasional worldy distracts from the grunt work he does. He's not quick, but he is definitely mobile and he has added......

Fair assessment.

swap for Fred then?

Unread 22-07-2021, 11:04 AM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Fair assessment.

swap for Fred then?
I quite like Fred as it goes. But noticed he has developed a habit of passing to the opposition just outside his own penalty area and remains the only Brazilian in history who can't shoot.

I'll bet he's on stonking wages compared to what we pay.

Make me another offer and I'll see what I can do. (Not Phil Jones). Would gladly do business for Telles or VDB.

Unread 22-07-2021, 11:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
I quite like Fred as it goes. But noticed he has developed a habit of passing to the opposition just outside his own penalty area and remains the only Brazilian in history who can't shoot.

I'll bet he's on stonking wages compared to what we pay.

Make me another offer and I'll see what I can do. (Not Phil Jones). Would gladly do business for Telles or VDB.
Jesseh?
Closed Thread