United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 20-07-2021, 11:06 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
If only we had signed Boris Rotenberg at right back.
Que?
 
Unread 21-07-2021, 12:19 AM
tol
 
Default

Steve Bruce (Robert the Bruce and his spider obsession)? Sorry - been drinking
 
Unread 21-07-2021, 10:13 AM
Drexl
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tol View Post
Steve Bruce (Robert the Bruce and his spider obsession)? Sorry - been drinking
Mentioning Robert the Bruce is always welcome in my gaff pal. Because, according to the highly-acclaimed historical documentary called "Braveheart", he absolutely shat on the Jocks
 
Unread 21-07-2021, 06:47 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
Mentioning Robert the Bruce is always welcome in my gaff pal. Because, according to the highly-acclaimed historical documentary called "Braveheart", he absolutely shat on the Jocks
But redeemed himself somewhat later on

In actual fact, his betrayal and Wallace eventually getting hung/drawn/quartered are just about the only accurate things in the whole film
 
Unread 21-07-2021, 08:33 PM
Red_Rizla
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
But redeemed himself somewhat later on

In actual fact, his betrayal and Wallace eventually getting hung/drawn/quartered are just about the only accurate things in the whole film
Are you telling me that the whole face paint and rousing speech are simply filmic license? Damn - never cry to that film again
 
Unread 21-07-2021, 08:50 PM
redhegemony
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
If only we had signed Boris Rotenberg at right back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
Que?
 
Unread 21-07-2021, 11:10 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rizla
Are you telling me that the whole face paint and rousing speech are simply filmic license? Damn - never cry to that film again
Hmmm no, the "filmic license" is more like Wallace shagging Isabella - or Longshanks* dying at the precise moment of his execution. And there's lots more hokum like that in it.

(*an absolutely terrific performance by McGoohan though, fair play)
 
Unread 22-07-2021, 11:35 AM
andyroo
 
Default

Mel's accent is the ultimate filmic licence
 
Unread 22-07-2021, 12:37 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo View Post
Mel's accent is the ultimate filmic licence
An alcholic racist playing a Scot seemed liked good casting really.
 
Unread 22-07-2021, 07:37 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
An alcholic racist playing a Scot seemed liked good casting really.
Jockophobic, reported
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Tuesday Trivia
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trivia Stubbsy Football 34 24-05-2012 11:10 PM
Trivia Question dodger Off Topic 7 17-03-2011 07:18 PM
Trivia Firswood Red Football 16 02-11-2009 07:29 PM
Trivia Firswood Red Off Topic 18 13-10-2009 05:38 PM
Bit of trivia Firswood Red Off Topic 7 29-08-2008 07:52 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:49 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2020 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.