United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Unread 21-07-2021, 12:46 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
It’s a real shame as I thought PES were making moves with them getting Barca and Juve etc. Was hoping it might open the market up a bit.
That came at a time that, like poop said, they started concentrating on Pachinko machines instead. Which is basically what modes like myclub and FUT are. It was after they introduced myclub (and started making money of it) that they started signing up more team licences, so it looks like they've decided to just concentrate on that side of it instead.

Probably been the plan for the last few years, and the reason why they let the Champions League license go to EA. No point renewing the deal if they don't intend on doing anything with it in the future anyway.

Definately a gap in the market for another publisher to push out a football game. Even if they can't get any proper licenses, just do what PES did with edit modes and option file sharing and within a day or two of the game being released any community would've sorted it all out.

Unread 21-07-2021, 01:53 PM
Buck

The last PES I played was the one where they created a career mode format for the first time. 2008 or 2009 iirc. Was a lot of fun and always preferred their match engine over FIFA. But stopped playing video games in general years ago. I tried to get back into the old Championship Manager 2001 game someone started a thread on here for but it was a real chore for me to get back into. Spent countless hours playing it at the time so the memories are always there.