saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not much has changed.

Same shite football.
Inability to control a game.
Same shit defensive mistakes.
Same clueless team selections and subs.
Same reliance on an individual bit of brilliance to dig us out of the shit.
Same excuses.

We are perhaps not riding our luck as much as we did last season. Though I suppose we have still done it in a few wins this season, which could have easily been draws, or worse.
This.....

We are getting the results we deserve more and more.

We have been awful for 90% of Ole's reign.

Unread 17-10-2021, 07:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Crowds back have made a big difference imo. The fragility Sparky used to always post about has come back again.
So why hasn't it made the same difference to our home performances, if its that much of an automatic advantage.

Unread 17-10-2021, 09:26 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So why hasn't it made the same difference to our home performances, if its that much of an automatic advantage.
Are a question mark and apostrophe necessary there perchance?

Unread 17-10-2021, 10:40 PM
AK14

Quote:
The majority of our players are cowards and a disgruntled OT just makes them shrink even further.

Unread 17-10-2021, 11:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The majority of our players are cowards and a disgruntled OT just makes them shrink even further.
I don't think they're cowards tbh. I think it's symptomatic of the players not being confident in what they're doing.

We have no definable system of playing so the players are under pressure every time they take the pitch to figure things out as they go along. When we're at Old Trafford they're expected to seize the initiative and create chances. Unfortunately our team at times is so dysfunctional that we struggle badly to do that.

If we had a group of well drilled players, who were confident in what they were doing in the team, then you'd see vastly better performances at home. As it is we're asking players to figure things out for themselves which results a lot of the time in them picking the wrong option, making clumsy fouls and generally looking disorganised. That will effect confidence.

The bottom line is - if you send your players out better prepared then you'll gain confidence and better results at home.

Unread 17-10-2021, 11:19 PM
red in cumbria

And I'm not really totally cool with people now rubbishing our unbeaten away PL record tbph.

If it was that easy, how come no other big (and supposedly better managed) clubs managed it?

Unread 18-10-2021, 12:16 AM
d_knight

Quote:
And I'm not really totally cool with people now rubbishing our unbeaten away PL record tbph.

If it was that easy, how come no other big (and supposedly better managed) clubs managed it?
Covid

Unread 18-10-2021, 05:35 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Covid
So covid is the reason we broke the record, but also the reason that other teams didn't?

So covid is a red then?

Unread 18-10-2021, 06:49 AM
shenwen

Quote:

Who gives a flying £#%&! about unbeaten away wins? Last time I checked there were no trophies handed out for it. It was for a while a nice symbol of our resilience, but ultimately pointless.

We rightly take the piss out of the "Invincibles" but at least they came away with a league title.

Unread 18-10-2021, 07:09 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
There’s always been a boom bust cycle with Ole however the glaring deficiencies in how we are coached was mitigated by a balance of some great individuals to win us the game and work horses to do the dirty work

It gave us some balance however after Sancho and Ronaldo were signed the delicate balance we had has been lost and there is no structure behind what we do to fall back on

It’s an absolute mess but was always inevitable at some point as you can’t just leave the players to sort out themselves on the pitch without it eventually falling apart
Its always boom or bust. And in terms of crowds coming back, im not surprised in the slightest we look far more vulnerable on the road again which I attribute in part to that. Away games with no fans present is huge.

Unread 18-10-2021, 07:19 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Who gives a flying £#%&! about unbeaten away wins? Last time I checked there were no trophies handed out for it. It was for a while a nice symbol of our resilience, but ultimately pointless.

We rightly take the piss out of the "Invincibles" but at least they came away with a league title.
RIC has been the most consistent, sensible poster in relation to Ole for the past couple of weeks and still gets pelters from every corner

I don't think RIC is saying that it's something we should be getting a trophy for, or something that should keep him in a job. I'm pretty sure RIC has been of the opinion that he's not the right man for the job for some time.

But it seems pretty clear that his point is in response to a section of fans that are determined to paint Ole as utterly clueless and inept at his job, when if that was in fact the case, it's highly unlikely that we would have set the record for most games unbeaten away in the league while under his managment.

And he's right.

Unread 18-10-2021, 07:32 AM
The Stella Fella

Unbalanced squad is one of the biggest issues for me and as a result Ole s attempt to find a team with balance in every position isn’t working. Too many attacking players in the squad!

Unread 18-10-2021, 07:41 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
RIC has been the most consistent, sensible poster in relation to Ole for the past couple of weeks and still gets pelters from every corner

I don't think RIC is saying that it's something we should be getting a trophy for, or something that should keep him in a job. I'm pretty sure RIC has been of the opinion that he's not the right man for the job for some time.

But it seems pretty clear that his point is in response to a section of fans that are determined to paint Ole as utterly clueless and inept at his job, when if that was in fact the case, it's highly unlikely that we would have set the record for most games unbeaten away in the league while under his managment.

And he's right.
He gets pelters because he aggressively posts drivel on this subject and many others.

Unbeaten away run means nothing and it certainly won’t save Ole’s job if the garbage we are producing right now continues.

Unread 18-10-2021, 07:50 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Unbalanced squad is one of the biggest issues for me and as a result Ole s attempt to find a team with balance in every position isn’t working. Too many attacking players in the squad!
2 good defensive midfielders would still leave us with

Bruno Sancho Greenwood Rashford Ronaldo for 3 spots with Pogba, Cavani and Martial left over.

Unread 18-10-2021, 07:54 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
2 good defensive midfielders would still leave us with

Bruno Sancho Greenwood Rashford Ronaldo for 3 spots with Pogba, Cavani and Martial left over.
Not a problem.
Pogba wants to leave.
Martial is not in the frame so should be sold.
Cavani will be gone after this season.

What’s left is a great problem to have to deal with.

And you missed out Jesse

Unread 18-10-2021, 09:40 AM
AK14

Quote:
Not a problem.
Pogba wants to leave.
Martial is not in the frame so should be sold.
Cavani will be gone after this season.

What’s left is a great problem to have to deal with.

And you missed out Jesse
Exactly this.

We’ve been moaning about the lack of attacking players in the squad for the last few seasons and now we’ve got too many

Unread 18-10-2021, 01:30 PM
Lodestar

Bigger question.

Why has every single manager since Fergie ended in a malaise on the pitch and our support bemoaning lack of direction and Identity? That performance on Saturday could have happened under any of the previous 3 managers - and Ole's post match comments were akin to Moyes apologetics. The only thing missing was: "we'll give it a go against Atalanta"

The signing of Ronaldo blew smoke up a lot of United fans' asses so much so that the ESL debacle was soon forgotten and the Glazers got a free pass.

Get rid of Ole, but l think we'll be back here again whoever comes next.

Unread 18-10-2021, 01:54 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Bigger question.

Why has every single manager since Fergie ended in a malaise on the pitch and our support bemoaning lack of direction and Identity? That performance on Saturday could have happened under any of the previous 3 managers - and Ole's post match comments were akin to Moyes apologetics. The only thing missing was: "we'll give it a go against Atalanta"

The signing of Ronaldo blew smoke up a lot of United fans' asses so much so that the ESL debacle was soon forgotten and the Glazers got a free pass.

Get rid of Ole, but l think we'll be back here again whoever comes next.
Agree with the post but the last sentence I don't think so. The previous managers were all very high risk, even at the time.

Moyes - obviously.
LvG - I was more excited than at any time post-Fergie but still was wondering whether he might be just a little past it for top level club management
Mou - what were we thinking.
Ole - a caretaker at best.

The question is of course can we trust a club ownership that has got it wrong so many times? I've no idea but I don't think standing still is an option.

Loved the idea of Ole. Not so much the reality. And a lot that has come out his mouth lately hasn't sat right with me. Not just the Glazer or Rashford stuff, but his take on what's going wrong. Incredibly basic.

Unread 18-10-2021, 02:10 PM
Hank Scorpio

People thinking the structure at the club is in much better shape than it was are very optimistic. We paid 80m for Slab and 75m for Sancho with no genuine rivals for their signatures. The club seems to be doing everything to convince Pogba to stay when it's patently obvious that any serious football club would never entertain paying anything for him.
Everyone goes on about Tuchel winning the ECL in six months but he wasn't the first chelsea manager to do this, because they're run as a club with the intention of competing and the structures are all in place and have been for years so you can pretty much change the coach as often as you like.
Until such time as United aren't run as a vehicle purely to create revenue for its owners any change of manager will most likely lead to a repeating 2/3 year cycle given the clowns making these decisions.
In short, we're £#%&!ed.
Closed Thread