United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Unread 08-10-2021, 12:55 AM
ScarFace

Somebody bought it me on PC a few days ago. I've not played it in 8 years. Its no different.

Also its shit on pc, as everybody is french.

Unread 08-10-2021, 06:37 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Somebody bought it me on PC a few days ago. I've not played it in 8 years. Its no different.

Also its shit on pc, as everybody is french.
Last gen version on the PC. Cheers lads

Spoke to two mates that have played it on PS5. One a PES player that has dabbled in FIFA, the other plays FIFA and dabbles in PES. Both said "it's just FIFA", one bought it physcial and traded it in the next day.

£90.00 for the 'Ultimate' version

Grim future for footy games.

Unread 08-10-2021, 07:31 AM
NedKelly

Imagine still buying fifa year in year out when itís been shit for years now. Last time it was good was around 14/15 when it was still fast paced/arcadey and you had fun playing it. Last time I played FIFA it was mind numbingly boring.

Unread 08-10-2021, 08:24 AM
ryanMUFC

Ultimate team is decent.

Think the people moaning about it are the ones that are shit at it.

Unread 08-10-2021, 08:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Ultimate team is decent.

I enjoy actually playing it, not interested in ultimate team or any of that noise though. Just in career mode thereís loads of changes they could make to improve it, but they chuck the same thing out year on year.

I like having a football game to play. I donít like only having 1 to choose from. eFootball/PES is horrific, even if it is free.

Theyíve monopolised the genre.

Unread 08-10-2021, 08:31 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Ultimate team is decent.

Not really - itís boring. Nothing to do with being good or shit - itís boring gameplay. The mechanics are exactly the same, do you not get bored of paying 60 pounds every year for the same game?

Think the people happy with FIFA are mentally deficient.

Unread 08-10-2021, 08:32 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I enjoy actually playing it, not interested in ultimate team or any of that noise though. Just in career mode thereís loads of changes they could make to improve it, but they chuck the same thing out year on year.

I like having a football game to play. I donít like only having 1 to choose from. eFootball/PES is horrific, even if it is free.

Theyíve monopolised the genre.
Ultimate team is a bit of a scam in the sense that you have to pay for online and youíre playing against people that have spent money on their team but itís decent.

Usually have a bash at career mode to get the hang of the changes they make to the new games.

Unread 08-10-2021, 08:42 AM
Vedder

Iíve swerved Fifa this year. Canít be arsed with it

Unread 08-10-2021, 08:44 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Iíve swerved Fifa this year. Canít be arsed with it
I need a game that I can pick up play for half an hour and move on and like to have a football game. Theyíve got me by the balls

Iím going to do a career challenge with Wrexham. Stick them in league 2 and get them to the pinnacle of the game. Not until Iíve finished RDR2 though.

Unread 08-10-2021, 09:16 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Not really - itís boring. Nothing to do with being good or shit - itís boring gameplay. The mechanics are exactly the same, do you not get bored of paying 60 pounds every year for the same game?

Think the people happy with FIFA are mentally deficient.
Itís aimed at kids and teenagers. Utterly baffles me that grown men get drawn into it year after year, shelling out £60 for updated squads, ever so slightly better graphics and some hyped up recycled new game mechanic.