United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2021, 08:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
But are there any remaining white washing pr oil states to take us over?
No. And none of them are going to want to cough up 3 billion dollars plus the cool $400 mill to pay our debts off. That's without getting into stadium redevelopment and transfers.

to put it simply, unless jeff bezos suddenly decides he likes football - we're stuck with the maggots.

Unread 06-10-2021, 09:10 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Ay up, 2003 called and wants its sentiment back.

City, you know that club that used to be owned by Peter Swales that sacked Steve coppell within a week of appointing him? - now routinely win the title and will routinely feature in the CL semis and finals. They’ll likely play PSG, you know that other great European club.

Think you might be a bit slow on the uptake pal…
I still don’t get why you think it’s a good thing and why you’ve responded in such a demeaning manner to my comment

Unread 06-10-2021, 10:40 PM
tatty

Quote:
But are there any remaining white washing pr oil states to take us over?
This is the big issue for me.

The Saudi's are the last of the money-no-object buyers.

If the Glazer's are looking forward 5 years+ they will either be putting the club up for sale or planning to strip down the value of the club with minimal investment along the way.

Unread 06-10-2021, 11:01 PM
Sparky***

Steve Bruce about to get the Mark Hughes treatment now i expect.

as soon as the money comes in he'll be out the door for a shiny new manager who probably couldn't point newcastle out on a map

Unread 06-10-2021, 11:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
I still don’t get why you think it’s a good thing and why you’ve responded in such a demeaning manner to my comment
Not sure he actually thinks it is a good thing tbf.

Unread 06-10-2021, 11:40 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
It hasn’t been a good thing since the russians took over Chelsea in 2003. Incredibly wealthy oligarchs or foreign states owning domestic football clubs and providing unsustainable financial support isn’t a good thing. It hasn’t been for nearly 20 years. All we have now is loads of clubs unable to compete with the unlimited wealth on offer by these foreign state owners, supposedly controlled by FFP that the governing bodies don’t even bother with and you’re really worried about Newcastle being successful?

The house is well and truly burning down infront of our eyes and you’re complaining about putting the cups away in the right cupboard.

Unread 07-10-2021, 09:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No. And none of them are going to want to cough up 3 billion dollars plus the cool $400 mill to pay our debts off. That's without getting into stadium redevelopment and transfers.

to put it simply, unless jeff bezos suddenly decides he likes football - we're stuck with the maggots.
They never would have. It’s been obvious since the valuation broke a billion.

Our only hope is that the £#%&!nuggets in charge keep having to sell shares to prop the rest of their ailing businesses up until we’re essentially fully floated again. I’d imagine they’ll always maintain the debt and their majority shareholding though here forever I fear.

Unread 07-10-2021, 10:46 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's kind of hideously ironic that the traditional iconic clubs, the one's who blazed the trail for the premier league's global success have been the ones who have been hamstrung by ownership brought about by it.

Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal... the three biggest clubs in the country all shitty yank owners who came about to line their pockets and boost their business portfolio.

Meanwhile perennial underachievers chelsea and yo-yo joke clubs like City and now Newcastle - get blessed with unearned billions and go on to completely distort the entire footballing landscape.

£#%&!ing football eh? What a mess.
if you are going to inflate something to the size of a basketball, it doesn't really matter whether you start with a pea or an apple, so why not save yourself some money?

Unread 07-10-2021, 11:59 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Their success could accelerate the Glazers exit plans. Which sounds great until someone even worse takes over.
What's Michael Knighton up to these days?

Be the perfect club to drive Amazon's move into the Premier League market - could launch Pogba into space.

Unread 07-10-2021, 12:08 PM
dunk

Another set of squealing #@&%! fans that deserve £#%&! all win the lottery

Unread 07-10-2021, 12:22 PM
Vedder

Don’t mind them tbh. Better than Liverpool, Arsenal or Leeds being bought out

Unread 07-10-2021, 12:44 PM
Pop

Looking forward to Neymar's post match interviews after signing for them...

Unread 07-10-2021, 01:07 PM
tatty

It will take a few years for them to get to the top because of ffp, or whatever it’s called.

The Glazer’s aren’t stupid so the business model must still work even if we only get in to the top 4 every now and again.

Either that or they are just going to squeeze the club for every last drop before walking away from a wreck.

Unread 07-10-2021, 01:10 PM
AK14

Football is £#%&!ed anyway so who gives a shit anymore

Hopefully it’ll mean City and Liverpool aren’t the only ones winning championships and looking at how we play even with the world best player I can’t see is winning another for a while.

Football can get in the bin and stay there.

Wonder who they’ll replace Bruce with…

Would be funny as £#%&! if they got relegated this season

Unread 07-10-2021, 01:35 PM
Zorg

They'll be insufferable, nqat. They already think they're one of the world's biggest clubs because they got to a couple of FA cup finals during the Bronze Age and finished second to us once.
But yes, at least it's not Leeds or Liverpool.

Unread 07-10-2021, 01:41 PM
atticusgrinch

Brucey needs to do the decent thing and offer a few hundred mill for some star names like Pogba, Martial, Fred and AWB.

Bring a bit of stardust and samba magic back to the toon.

Unread 07-10-2021, 01:42 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Hopefully it’ll mean City and Liverpool aren’t the only ones winning championships and looking at how we play even with the world best player I can’t see is winning another for a while.

That’s a good point (relegation risk).

They might be better off with one of the experienced premiership managers for the rest if this season to ensure they stay up.

No point hiring Zidane or Conte for a bottom 3 battle.

Unread 07-10-2021, 01:49 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
Cope
hey up, looks like we have a 12 year old %@#$&! on the books

Unread 07-10-2021, 01:51 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
hey up, looks like we have a 12 year old %@#$&! on the books
I don’t think you should be calling a poster 12 years old.

Bad form.

Unread 07-10-2021, 01:56 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Liverpool has won it once in the past 30 years. hope this helps mate.
Closed Thread