Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yeah I know, it’s like when city signed lescott
How we laughed

Unread 10-10-2021, 03:49 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Wouldn’t be surprised if the Glazers cash in on a couple of ours (pocket some) and then clear off.

United’s stock won’t be getting any bigger with another oil club in the picture and the league becoming more competitive.

It won’t happen immediately but they’re going to be up there.

Unread 10-10-2021, 04:25 PM
saffers

Ralf Rangnick on his way in as sporting director might put paid to that Tarkowski move. Though he is an alright player. Remember the level Newcastle are at currently. They can't suddenly aim to bring in a Marquinhos can they?

Rangnick a shrewd move. If another team in this league gets bigger finances than us aswell as bring in better people sporting wise then we are indeed in trouble.

Unread 10-10-2021, 05:04 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Stop calling us 'Man U' ffs.
I agree, bet he calls The Scottish Player "Mcsauce " too

Unread 10-10-2021, 05:07 PM
Jethro

Anyone worried about Newcastle mere days after the take over needs their £#%&!ing head examining.

Fans do not an appealing prospect make. Oh, wait. It must be that intertoto cup run they had about 25 years ago.

Will they challenge in years to come? Who knows. Will the attract the stars? Who knows. But one thing is for sure and that is a lot of the younger generation of fans will take note.

Unread 10-10-2021, 06:23 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
You came to the wrong place pal
Obviously... I didn't think the post would garner any attention, (though it was taken out of context)

I was more or less pondering a point about the Glazer's real estate debts.

It is a fair question to ask though. I don't mean the beginning of the end literally, but simply as the team that from 1992 to 2013 that were dominating the premier league much like Real Madrid dominates La Liga.

I mean how can you compete with multi billionaire owners who have unlimited cash at their disposal???

but anyways, enough said on the issue, I'm out and about, cheers.

Unread 10-10-2021, 06:36 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Anyone worried about Newcastle mere days after the take over needs their £#%&!ing head examining.

Fans do not an appealing prospect make. Oh, wait. It must be that intertoto cup run they had about 25 years ago.

Will they challenge in years to come? Who knows. Will the attract the stars? Who knows. But one thing is for sure and that is a lot of the younger generation of fans will take note.
Worried is a bit strong but I can remember saying that city would win within 5 years of Abu Dhabi taking over and people were calling it %@#$&!s.

Newcastle will win the league within 5 years unless something catastrophic happens. People aren’t worried pal, just resigned.

Unless something changes at our end, we will be just about a top 4 team for the foreseeable - just like we’ve been for the last 10 years. Our prospects of winning the league again anytime soon have just got worse. Nqat.

Unread 10-10-2021, 06:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Worried is a bit strong but I can remember saying that city would win within 5 years of Abu Dhabi taking over and people were calling it %@#$&!s.

Newcastle will win the league within 5 years unless something catastrophic happens. People aren’t worried pal, just resigned.

Unless something changes at our end, we will be just about a top 4 team for the foreseeable - just like we’ve been for the last 10 years. Our prospects of winning the league again anytime soon have just got worse. Nqat.
You can't really say that with any real conviction tbh. There's still City, Liverpool and Chelsea for them to overcome without taking into account United.

We've been throwing cash at it since Ferguson retired and we haven't even challenged for a title in 8 years. Cash is no guarantee of success unless the people spending it know what theyr'e doing.

Unread 10-10-2021, 06:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Agreed. I remember people laughing at city, and it was kind of funny when Robinho didn’t know who he’d signed for and Gary Cook was clowning around, but the joke didn’t last long.

Unread 10-10-2021, 06:51 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
You can't really say that with any real conviction tbh. There's still City, Liverpool and Chelsea for them to overcome without taking into account United.

We've been throwing cash at it since Ferguson retired and we haven't even challenged for a title in 8 years. Cash is no guarantee of success unless the people spending it know what theyr'e doing.
Agreed but the Saudis motivation is different to our owners and there’s no way they’ll fail - it’s just too public and high profile a thing for them to allow to go wrong. No point having the biggest dick of them all and failing to wave it properly. They’ve seen the template that works at city and will replicate it.

We just have bad incompetent people at every level of our club. City don’t.Newcastle won’t either.

Unread 10-10-2021, 06:55 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Agreed but the Saudis motivation is different to our owners and there’s no way they’ll fail - it’s just too public and high profile a thing for them to allow to go wrong. They’ve seen the template that works at city and will replicate it.

We just have bad incompetent people at every level of our club. City don’t.Newcastle won’t either.
Exactly this.
To the Glazer scum, United are a cash cow. There to be milked until they can't squeeze another penny from the teats of the club.

Newcastle are a vanity project whose owners have more money than they could ever spend.

Unread 10-10-2021, 07:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Can only play 11 players. The only thing stopping United, Liverpool and Arsenal competing with the super rich clubs is bad management at board and dressing room level.
Having incredible squad depth is now a part of winning titles though, and of course the oil-doped clubs will find that easier.

Unread 10-10-2021, 07:57 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Exactly this.
To the Glazer scum, United are a cash cow. There to be milked until they can't squeeze another penny from the teats of the club.

Newcastle are a vanity project whose owners have more money than they could ever spend.
Good to hear, (not big into politics) but I thought I had wandered into a pro Glazer's forum.

United are a cash cow for the Glazer's because their commercial real estate company "First Allied Corporation" has been swimming in debt since the 2008 crash, so it's long been suspected that they're taking out money from United to pay off their bad loans & mortgages in the United States.

Everything the Glazer's own is in substantial debt. First Allied Corporation in major debt, Tampa Bay Buccaneers in debt, and of course United in debt.

We now have the case of multi billionaire owners, who own debt free clubs (Chelsea, Man City & now Newcastle) buying Premier League titles, so...

the more multi billionaire owners enter the fray, the harder it will be for Manchester United to compete for top spot, as they move farther and farther away from the Ferguson years.

Unread 10-10-2021, 08:19 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Good to hear, (not big into politics) but I thought I had wandered into a pro Glazer's forum.

United are a cash cow for the Glazer's because their commercial real estate company "First Allied Corporation" has been swimming in debt since the 2008 crash, so it's long been suspected that they're taking out money from United to pay off their bad loans & mortgages in the United States.

Everything the Glazer's own is in substantial debt. First Allied Corporation in major debt, Tampa Bay Buccaneers in debt, and of course United in debt.

We now have the case of multi billionaire owners, who own debt free clubs (Chelsea, Man City & now Newcastle) buying Premier League titles, so...

the more multi billionaire owners enter the fray, the harder it will be for Manchester United to compete for top spot, as they move farther and farther away from the Ferguson years.

Not just the bold bit tbf. The whole post.

Unread 10-10-2021, 08:30 PM
tatty

£#%&!ing hell, am I as tedious as this?

Unread 10-10-2021, 08:30 PM
d_knight

Quote:

We turn into Arsenal

Unread 10-10-2021, 08:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
£#%&!ing hell, am I as tedious as this?
Do you really want an honest reply?

Unread 10-10-2021, 08:43 PM
Fat Al

Quote:

Their financial situation has undergone a massive change in the past year or so. Signing Brady & winning the SB has hugely increased their revenue & value.

Unread 10-10-2021, 08:53 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Their financial situation has undergone a massive change in the past year or so. Signing Brady & winning the SB has hugely increased their revenue & value.
Well that's good to hear. I still don't think they are good stewards of the club though....and wish they would sell. (To think they turned down the Saudi's, uugh!)

I can't help but think the Glazer's bought a club to big for their bridges. They would have been better off purchasing a club like Southampton, but 20/20 is foresight.

Unread 10-10-2021, 08:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Well that's good to hear. I still don't think they are good stewards of the club though....and wish they would sell. (To think they turned down the Saudi's, uugh!)

I can't help but think the Glazer's bought a club to big for their bridges. They would have been better off purchasing a club like Southampton, but 20/20 is foresight.
Southampton wouldn't have made them much money. They've done very very well out of us. Not vice versa though the £#%&!ing @#%&!s.
Closed Thread