GREENWOOD
FERNANDES
RASHFORD

RONALDO

Unread 27-09-2021, 12:15 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
kleberson was tiny. fred is even smaller.
is that how he got away with marrying a 14 year old

Unread 27-09-2021, 12:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Maybe because he has an actual football manager coaching him…. The massive @#%&! (Klopp not Chamberlain).

Our midfield isn’t the best but it certainly shouldn’t be as much of an issue as it is imo.
Reckon it’s more likely that he wasn’t that good as a winger/attacking midfielder and his attributes were better suited to midfield, where his manager mainly requires you to run around a lot and quickly and cynically foul wherever possible, and occasionally hoof it 50 yards.

Unread 27-09-2021, 12:19 PM
shenwen

Seeing how everyone is struggling to get a balanced team on here, I'm almost feeling sorry for Ole. Then I remember he keeps playing Fred and Pogba and don't feel so bad for him.

Imo, Ole has to find a way to make Beek and Sancho work. If the former doesn't cut it, sell him in January, but Sancho has to start before Pogba. he is literally prioritising a player who wants to leave on a free and anyway turns up for one game in five (if we're lucky).

Unread 27-09-2021, 12:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Reckon it’s more likely that he wasn’t that good as a winger/attacking midfielder and his attributes were better suited to midfield, where his manager mainly requires you to run around a lot and quickly and cynically foul wherever possible, and occasionally hoof it 50 yards.
Huh

Fitting players into a game plan instead of shoving them into a position just to get them onto the pitch and expecting them to make something happen.

Maybe we should give that a go.

Unread 27-09-2021, 12:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Huh

Fitting players into a game plan instead of shoving them into a position just to get them onto the pitch and expecting them to make something happen.

Maybe we should give that a go.
Or, we’re trying to fit players into a game plan and certain members of the squad are struggling with it because they aren’t good enough *looks squarely at the £#%&!ing midfield*

Unread 27-09-2021, 12:29 PM
AK14

Quote:
Or, we’re trying to fit players into a game plan and certain members of the squad are struggling with it because they aren’t good enough *looks squarely at the £#%&!ing midfield*
As if we’ve got a gameplan

Unread 27-09-2021, 12:36 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
As if we’ve got a gameplan
So we're 30 odd games unbeaten away from home without a gameplan? He is one lucky manager!

Unread 27-09-2021, 12:45 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
De Gea

Dalot
Varane
Maguire
Shaw

The Scottish Player
Matic

Greenwood
Fernandes
Pogba

Cavani
No ronaldo?

I know he’s catholic, but that’s no reason to bench him

Unread 27-09-2021, 12:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
So we're 30 odd games unbeaten away from home without a gameplan? He is one lucky manager!
benefiting from only being able to play on the break and having talented individuals. ie: nothing that involves any real thought.

Unread 27-09-2021, 12:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
It’s mad to think people think he finished 2nd by accident.

Unread 27-09-2021, 12:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
benefiting from only being able to play on the break and having talented individuals. ie: nothing that involves any real thought.

OK. Does that include the wins against City, Chelsea etc? The only manager to have more wins against Guardiola than vice versa. Does that mean Guardiola is a shit manager if he just keeps getting done 'on the break'?

Just trying to get a handle on how far people's prejudices are extending here.

Fine to believe ole has poor game management. Or misuses substitutes. Or is tactically incompentent. Or has poor man management. Or coaching setup. Believe whatever you want, but all of a sudden to say he's a shit manager and always has been is reactionary, hysterical nonsense namely peddled by 15 year olds from Scandinavia on Twitter. And one on here obvs.

It is actually possible to critique the manager without all of a sudden saying he doesn't and has never had a clue. Because that's clearly %@#$&!s and isn't reflected in where the - in particular - the squad and general mood around the club is at now compared to when Mourinho left. Despire the still glaring issues.

Quote:
It’s mad to think people think he finished 2nd by accident.
He was just lucky mate. No gameplan whatsoever and can't coach at all apparently.

Unread 27-09-2021, 12:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Tell me about.

Unread 27-09-2021, 01:00 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Tell me about.
About what pal?

Unread 27-09-2021, 01:02 PM
AK14

Quote:
About what pal?

Unread 27-09-2021, 01:11 PM
jem

Quote:
OK. Does that include the wins against City, Chelsea etc? The only manager to have more wins against Guardiola than vice versa. Does that mean Guardiola is a shit manager if he just keeps getting done 'on the break'?

Just trying to get a handle on how far people's prejudices are extending here.

Fine to believe ole has poor game management. Or misuses substitutes. Or is tactically incompentent. Or has poor man management. Or coaching setup. Believe whatever you want, but all of a sudden to say he's a shit manager and always has been is reactionary, hysterical nonsense namely peddled by 15 year olds from Scandinavia on Twitter. And one on here obvs.

It is actually possible to critique the manager without all of a sudden saying he doesn't and has never had a clue. Because that's clearly %@#$&!s and isn't reflected in where the - in particular - the squad and general mood around the club is at now compared to when Mourinho left. Despire the still glaring issues.

He was just lucky mate. No gameplan whatsoever and can't coach at all apparently.
if you want to make it about ridiculous extremes, sure.

however, we look badly coached. we play more exciting football compared to mourinho's slow death, but it's not particularly smart. it's optimistic, sometimes exciting and occasionally sublime, but it's more of a broad philosophy that a detailed plan. we frequently get outplayed by teams that are merely well-organised and put in the effort. what is frustrating is that any team can do the basics. and we don't.

Unread 27-09-2021, 01:27 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if you want to make it about ridiculous extremes, sure.

however, we look badly coached. we play more exciting football compared to mourinho's slow death, but it's not particularly smart. it's optimistic, sometimes exciting and occasionally sublime, but it's more of a broad philosophy that a detailed plan. we frequently get outplayed by teams that are merely well-organised and put in the effort. what is frustrating is that any team can do the basics. and we don't.
The only people making it about ridiculous extremes are those who've suddenly decided the manager is not, and was never, fit for purpose. He has clearly, if nothing else, at least served a purpose thus far regardless of if you think he should be binned now, at the end of the season or manage us until the end of time. Or the ESL starts.

Didn't reall read your 2nd paragraph but I'm sure it's all fine.

Unread 27-09-2021, 07:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Keita didn’t sign for them until the summer of 2018.

Edit- I’ve confused their seasons up a little tbf, then reaching a Cl final with Henderson and Milner in midfield wasn’t the season they finished with 90+ points.

Point still stands that a pretty mediocre midfield didn’t stop them from progressing and getting a champions league final.

I’m not buying this %@#$&!s anymore that The Scottish Player, Matic, Beek and Fred aren’t good enough to do a job against teams like Aston £#%&!ing Villa.
Fred quite possibly isn't tbf.

Unread 28-09-2021, 01:41 AM
Weekend Hussler

Think this thread highlights what we all know.

We desperately need Central Midfielders and the squad is unbalanced.

If my life depended on it, I reckon I'd go for:

DDG

The Scottish Player --- Varene ---- Maguire

Dalot ------------------------------------------------------- Shaw

Matic

Van De Beek ---------------------------- Pogba

Fernandes

Ronaldo

Feel shit, leaving Mason out.

Unread 28-09-2021, 02:00 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
Think this thread highlights what we all know.

We desperately need Central Midfielders and the squad is unbalanced.

If my life depended on it, I reckon I'd go for:

DDG

The Scottish Player --- Varene ---- Maguire

Dalot ------------------------------------------------------- Shaw

Matic

Van De Beek ---------------------------- Pogba

Fernandes

Ronaldo

Feel shit, leaving Mason out.
Im no AWB fan but Dalot looks shocking to me.
Closed Thread