Ole out 60 56.07%
Ole in 47 43.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 25-09-2021, 05:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Woodward will probably appoint Southgate the stupid bastard.

It'll give us continuity i suppose.
This is, undoubtedly, a real fear.

Unread 25-09-2021, 05:28 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Today was the last straw for me.

No idea who to replace him with though
This.

Ole’s status for me will never change. He’d have to come onto the pitch at OT and gleefully run over a dog for me to alter my opinion. I don’t want to come over all Glenn Madeiros but nothings gonna change my love for Ole.

However….

We are delusional if we don’t see things before our eyes. It’s a structural problem we have. We have a really good squad - even for that problematic 2 in midfield. Matic and de Mozam were good midweek and every team has a weak spot. We have 3 of the best centre backs in Europe. We have Serie A’s leading scorer last season. Even that hatstand Pogba can offer SOMETHING.

Question is - if Ole were on the free market, would any other EPL team poach him. He’s a good egg but the yolk is over.

For me, Brendan Rodgers would be first choice.

Unread 25-09-2021, 05:42 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I’m wavering.
Same. Anything other than a convincing win on Wednesday and we've got to be in the market.

Unread 25-09-2021, 05:44 PM
tatty

May as well keep Ole if Southgate is the alternative.

Almost like-for-like.

I really don't get the dislike for Rodgers.

Unread 25-09-2021, 05:57 PM
d_knight

End of this season as deadline.
2nd in league PLUS a cup.

If that is not delivered by may then he has to go.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:09 PM
ZiggyStardust

If Ole out is sack him now then that’s not my position but I’ve never been convinced that we’d ever win the league or CL with him in charge

You can tell in a few games if a manager can get his side to play to an actual style of play
It’s always been the same under Ole, off the cuff football reliant on individuals coming up with moments of brilliance

That’s never going to get us to where we want to be

We don’t need a big name manager as I think we have a good football structure around club now with a squad being constructed in the right way by and large
We just need a top class head coach who can coach and manage the first team side to at least be the sum of its parts

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:09 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
May as well keep Ole if Southgate is the alternative.

Almost like-for-like.

It's weird. I got blowback when I suggested Robbie Fowler and the corpse of Tommy Smith as joint managers. Don't get it...

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:15 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Same. Anything other than a convincing win on Wednesday and we've got to be in the market.
I’ve seen enough to know that we may well get that convincing win, and we might look really up for it, but in the grand scheme of things it’ll be meaningless. We’ve seen it time and time again - we start to look like we’re getting it together then bang, we go to shit like we have in the past few games.

Absolutely no plan b whatsoever and I worry more and more teams will cotton onto it.

I love Ole and he’s instilled some great things at the club - players with the right mentality, a feel good factor and a sense of togetherness that the other managers since Fergie have failed to do. But he’s not up to it tactically. And he keeps fielding Fred.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:24 PM
MUFC One Love

He will struggle to see Christmas as manager.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:26 PM
puressence

All lined up for zidane. Adidas. Ronnie varane and pogba new deal with his idol

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:30 PM
armchair

Maybe:
Zidane, Potter, Poch

Never:
Ronaldo, Rodgers, Conte, Giggs, Southgate.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I'm sure you do tbf.

More to the point perhaps, Leicester's start to this season has been some way from stellar.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:33 PM
Patty_b

I don't think there's a manager I'd realistically want atm. Out of anyone Zidane for the craic. But I reckon he'd have a mare and be sacked within two years.

No point going for Rodgers, no point sacking a manager after a poor start to the season, and then hiring a manager that's made a worse start.

Conte would probably do well, but the football could be questionable, and he's a £#%&!ing nutter.

I'd go with Ole til the end of the season and if the season goes to shit get someone that would be a good long term fit in. £#%&! knows who that could be.

But, a shit one midweek then I can't see him surviving.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:36 PM
Arnold Muhren

Potter or even Conte in now please. Ole is a good man and a club legend but if he didn’t score that goal he wouldn’t have got a sniff of the job and we all know it.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I don't think there's a manager I'd realistically want atm. Out of anyone Zidane for the craic. But I reckon he'd have a mare and be sacked within two years.

No point going for Rodgers, no point sacking a manager after a poor start to the season, and then hiring a manager that's made a worse start.

Conte would probably do well, but the football could be questionable, and he's a £#%&!ing nutter.

I'd go with Ole til the end of the season and if the season goes to shit get someone that would be a good long term fit in. £#%&! knows who that could be.

But, a shit one midweek then I can't see him surviving.
The realistic options are the problem aren’t they.

Liverpool sack rodgers and Klopp is available

It’s all about timing.

I think we need to get away from this thought of every manager being a long term appointment and that’s where the structure above the manager comes into play which is something we’ve finally started to get right… hopefully

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:41 PM
Rorschach

Have voted 'in' as this is not the moment to be deciding otherwise with knees jerking AOTS.

But even an old Ole loyalist like me can see the nature of our problems and is pondering whether Ole has the combination of stones and nous to address them.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:48 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Have voted 'in' as this is not the moment to be deciding otherwise with knees jerking AOTS.

But even an old Ole loyalist like me can see the nature of our problems and is pondering whether Ole has the combination of stones and nous to address them.
It’s that phrase again. Nothing knee jerk about noticing a pattern, realising that nothing has been done to change the pattern, and accepting that the person currently at the helm doesn’t have what it takes to change the pattern. Last season I accepted the inconsistency. I can’t this season because we’ve strengthened the squad, and he’s still fielding players who shouldn’t be starting. It’s just rank inadequacy at this point.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:52 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
Ole out for me, since Europa final.
Not got a clue about a suitable replacement though.
The europa final was the point that I completely lost my shit with Ole and it cast so much doubt over his abilities to deliver. It was just so badly handled.

Matches leading up to that and pretty much everything since have only sought to confirm those doubts. Horrifically unbalanced, over defensive, poorly set up and too one dimensional. The impression I get is that all the coaches are dinosaurs and lack any kind of tactical intelligence.

The main issue for me is not whether he should go but who could we get - I thought Rodgers as a good shout initially but he’s had a shocker so far and he’s an absolute bell, zidane possibly and after that, I’m struggling. To the point that I think perhaps don’t sack him.

We’re just a shit club unfortunately.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:54 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

I'd go with Jem.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:54 PM
poppy

Rafa approached.
Closed Thread