United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2021, 10:42 AM
lenin

It makes total sense. It’s taken us two years to get him to try to cross. I’m sure we’ll turn him into Baresi over a summer.

If this happened our “playing from the back” will be even more slapstick than it is now. I can only imagine our new “shape” was inspired by the Marx brothers and I presume the finale is Phil Jones turning up to custard pie some £#%&!er.

Unread 06-06-2021, 12:56 PM
shenwen

Our new defensive midfielder.

Nailed on

Unread 06-06-2021, 01:55 PM
My Name is Heath

I think it’s a good idea.

Henderson
Trippier Juan Bissaka Slytherin Stopper Shaw

A British back 5.

I like it.

We have been asking for a speedy CB to partner Maguire.

Why not?

Unread 06-06-2021, 02:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

Why not?
First two minutes of this...

Unread 06-06-2021, 02:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
First two minutes of this...

https://youtu.be/VqbNzV8OVPA
urgh.

Unread 06-06-2021, 02:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
urgh.
Borderline criminal defending, to lose your man once ok, twice within 10 minutes ...

He should be nowhere near the CB position...

Unread 06-06-2021, 02:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Borderline criminal defending, to lose your man once ok, twice within 10 minutes ...

He should be nowhere near the CB position...
i'd completely erased that shit show from my memory.

Unread 06-06-2021, 02:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i'd completely erased that shit show from my memory.
sorry pal.....

It sticks in my memory as some of the worst defending I've seen from us....

That and leaving the guy up from a corner, real juniors football basic shit...

A great tackler doesn't make a good centre back, he's too erratic, small and gung go, his positional sense at times is diabolical, he's lucky to get a game on the right..

Unread 06-06-2021, 07:44 PM
red in cumbria

Is there any bit of totally made up shite in the "news"papers that some on here won't believe FFS?

Unread 13-10-2021, 12:54 AM
Chris Quayd

"Solskjaer has often sought the views and influence of former United players when making signings...Ryan Giggs passed along positive reports from Crystal Palace’s Welsh goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey on Aaron Wan-Bissaka"

Unread 13-10-2021, 01:50 AM
20LEgend1999

Don't they do this sort of thing with everybody we sign in recent years?

Attempt to get an understanding of a player's personality by asking the opinion of those who worked/played with them?

Unread 13-10-2021, 09:52 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We made money: good signing.

Chelsea have signed 100 Daniel James’.
Tbf that made a welcome change.

Unread 13-10-2021, 10:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Tbf that made a welcome change.
It was a fluke. It’s not on our radar. We treat every player as someone that will be at the club for life. City and Chelsea have realised they can boost turnover to help fiddle FFP by stockpiling and loaning players, making profits as they go. Both officially paid for all this summer’s spending by selling fringe players. And occasionally 1 or 2 come good or are useful. United don’t appear capable of thinking along those lines.

Unread 13-10-2021, 10:09 AM
Stickman

This is true.

Utterly abusing the loan system mind you.

Unread 13-10-2021, 10:10 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It was a fluke. It’s not on our radar. We treat every player as someone that will be at the club for life. City and Chelsea have realised they can boost turnover to help fiddle FFP by stockpiling and loaning players, making profits as they go. Both officially paid for all this summer’s spending by selling fringe players. And occasionally 1 or 2 come good or are useful. United don’t appear capable of thinking along those lines.
I think that's exactly what they're doing with Pellistri and possibly Amad too.

Unread 13-10-2021, 10:10 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
This is true.

Utterly abusing the loan system mind you.
Shouldn’t be allowed imo. Should be a max. Number of professionals allowed on the books, a max. No of loans under 21 and a low number of loans allowed over 21. Would immediately bring transfer fees and probably wages down imo.

City have this covered with their ‘City Group’ of clubs though, they’re already up to no good buying and parking players. That shouldn’t be allowed either. They’ve snapped up 3 or 4 top young Brazilians and parked them at one of these satellite clubs this summer IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
I think that's exactly what they're doing with Pellistri and possibly Amad too.
Maybe Pellistri at £7m or whatever he cost, not Amad though at £20m or whatever, I honestly think they’ve bought him to play for us in the future.

That said, both look like they’ve got something to me.

Unread 13-10-2021, 10:38 AM
RedMenace

I'd say they believe that either way he's quite likely to be worth more than what they paid for him in future so it's worth the risk. I think Pellistri will have a decent career but not sure he'll be quite good enough for United.

Unread 13-10-2021, 07:20 PM
red in cumbria

You do wonder why there hasn't been any action to limit loanees in particular, you wouldn't have thought it that hard if the will was there.

Unread 13-10-2021, 07:26 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You do wonder why there hasn't been any action to limit loanees in particular, you wouldn't have thought it that hard if the will was there.

Unread 14-10-2021, 09:21 AM
dunk

It’s a start. 8 or 6 loans over 22 still seems high to me, enabling clubs to stockpile. The idea should be to reduce the squad sizes at the highest clubs and force them to let players go, which should increase talent on the market and hopefully push transfer prices down. Force clubs to keep only the best but also stop them buying for the sake of it, and then find a way to force them to play the young ones they keep.

It would increase the propensity of buy back clauses and sell on fees I’d imagine, but would still be better.

City would just start trading between Troyes, Girona, NYC, the Australian one and whatever other clubs they’ve decided to own, and that is the next challenge for FIFA.
Closed Thread