Unread 03-02-2021, 11:56 AM
Maureens P45

Saffers in being a silly bastard shocker

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:09 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Anybody want to update this thread?
Update away. It really is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It's not about the odd result here or there. It's about the bigger picture.

Where are we going as a club? What are our ambitions? Is Ole the right man to lead the ship? Is he good enough? What has he delivered in his first two years? Zero trophie, loads of semifinal defeats, two league finishes on 66 pts, awful football in the main.

Can he end our trophy drought? Do you believe that? If trophies aren't important to us anymore then we should pull our team out of competitions then.

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:11 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Update away. It really is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It's not about the odd result here or there. It's about the bigger picture.

Where are we going as a club? What are our ambitions? Is Ole the right man to lead the ship? Is he good enough? What has he delivered in his first two years? Zero trophie, loads of semifinal defeats, two league finishes on 66 pts, awful football in the main.

Can he end our trophy drought? Do you believe that? If trophies aren't important to us anymore then we should pull our team out of competitions then.
I've missed you in a weird way. At least you can provide the doom in sparks absence.

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:12 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
If trophies aren't important to us anymore then we should pull our team out of competitions then.
Europa is a bit shit tbf

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:25 PM
elhombre

Quote:

Saffers, we're in second place in the league and for want of a better performance against Sheffield United, which was a blip, we'd be very close to City in the league.

I'm struggling to see your point

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:28 PM
triple sod

Quote:

He's midway through his second season and, after cleaning up Mourinho's mess, we are second

PS the football has been miles better than anything post Fergie

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:36 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Saffers, we're in second place in the league and for want of a better performance against Sheffield United, which was a blip, we'd be very close to City in the league.

I'm struggling to see your point
How was it a blip, it was our 4th defeat at home in the league and we're about halfway through the season.

We crashed out of the group stage in the champions league and couldn't even pick up a point from our last 2 games. That's all we needed. A point.

If you aren't having doubts about our future under this management then I think it is down to the identity of the coach. If he wasn't a legendary player we all love I think more would be raising questions.

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:40 PM
elhombre

Quote:
How was it a blip, it was our 4th defeat at home in the league and we're about halfway through the season.

We crashed out of the group stage in the champions league and couldn't even pick up a point from our last 2 games. That's all we needed. A point.

If you aren't having doubts about our future under this management then I think it is down to the identity of the coach. If he wasn't a legendary player we all love I think more would be raising questions.
with the squad he has, and the time and money at his disposal, what were you expecting? bearing in mind we've got city and liverpool in the mix with us?

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:42 PM
20LEgend1999

Not a day goes by when I don't wish some of our defeats in the league had come away from home especially at a time when home and away form is more relevant than ever.

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:43 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple sod
He's midway through his second season and, after cleaning up Mourinho's mess, we are second

PS the football has been miles better than anything post Fergie
Do you think we'll still be in the top two come May?

Can we win trophies under Ole?

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:46 PM
triple sod

Quote:
Do you think we'll still be in the top two come May?

Can we win trophies under Ole?
Both seem very possible to me. Certainly willing to wait and see before writing him off

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:49 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
with the squad he has, and the time and money at his disposal, what were you expecting? bearing in mind we've got city and liverpool in the mix with us?
We should be aiming to usurp them. Is Ole the right man for that?

FWIW, they are getting worse. Which is why this is a huge opportunity this season. But I don't think we are capable of winning the big games that decide trophies with this manager.

Quote:
Both seem very possible to me. Certainly willing to wait and see before writing him off
Keep in mind this is his 3rd season and you still believe this. I can't say anything other than I respect your loyalty towards a club legend.

Unread 03-02-2021, 01:53 PM
Hyman_Roth

Unread 03-02-2021, 02:03 PM
triple sod

Quote:
Keep in mind this is his 3rd season and you still believe this. I can't say anything other than I respect your loyalty towards a club legend.
I don't count a couple of months spent cleaning up Mourinho's turds as a season, sorry.

Unread 03-02-2021, 02:07 PM
saffers

Quote:
I don't count a couple of months spent cleaning up Mourinho's turds as a season, sorry.
You don't want us to count the season where we had the best run of form ever under Ole? What was it, 12 wins on the bounce.

Unread 03-02-2021, 02:26 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
You don't want us to count the season where we had the best run of form ever under Ole? What was it, 12 wins on the bounce.
More like he doesn't want to count the season where Ole came in to manage a squad of unhappy shit@#%&!s which had been badly cobbled together by 4 different managers, halfway through a season where the team had lost almost a third of their League games at the time and found themselves 11 points adrift of the top four.

Unread 03-02-2021, 02:26 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Exactly what it was. New manager bounce. Rest of that season, the players were £#%&!ed.

Since when, Ole has consolidated, bought well, flushed turds, and is now getting near to the team that he needs that can play in a style he wants.

If you can't admit to seeing that, then you are a WUM and I claim my five pounds.

Unread 03-02-2021, 02:58 PM
triple sod

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
More like he doesn't want to count the season where Ole came in to manage a squad of unhappy shit@#%&!s which had been badly cobbled together by 4 different managers, halfway through a season where the team had lost almost a third of their League games at the time and found themselves 11 points adrift of the top four.
Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
Exactly what it was. New manager bounce. Rest of that season, the players were £#%&!ed.

Since when, Ole has consolidated, bought well, flushed turds, and is now getting near to the team that he needs that can play in a style he wants.

If you can't admit to seeing that, then you are a WUM and I claim my five pounds.

Unread 03-02-2021, 03:06 PM
puressence

imagine being saffers so void of any happiness you absolute turd

Unread 03-02-2021, 04:10 PM
Vida_15

sack him??? lol £#%&!ing mental

he inherited a shit squad of players and has dumped the super shit and still trying to ship out the regular shit and actually bring in a few decent players

unlike his predecessors, he actually wants United to play football and needs players who can pass the ball and actually run so lets see what happens in the next window
Closed Thread