United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2021, 09:53 PM
Chris Quayd

“I’m the one who decided to play with the team we use tonight, so it’s my responsibility…If I could use the same players every match I would, I expected better, but it’s my responsibility. The good thing is that no one will keep asking me why the same players keep playing.”

Unread 21-10-2021, 10:01 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Norwegian Champions
To be fair they are currently 3 points above Molde. Need Measley to produce a graph to link that with Ole and then compare and contrast with Jose. Saffers can then explain.

Unread 21-10-2021, 10:02 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
“I’m the one who decided to play with the team we use tonight, so it’s my responsibility…If I could use the same players every match I would, I expected better, but it’s my responsibility. The good thing is that no one will keep asking me why the same players keep playing.”

Unread 21-10-2021, 10:03 PM
Neo

Not been the best week for the Mourinho Knights, tbf.

They'll come back fighting though. A resilient lot, NQAT.

Unread 21-10-2021, 10:24 PM
MUFC One Love

Threw his 2nd team under the bus. I'm sure they will want to fight to get into the first team to play for him now...

Unread 22-10-2021, 09:04 AM
dunk

Unread 22-10-2021, 09:28 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Threw his 2nd team under the bus. I'm sure they will want to fight to get into the first team to play for him now...
He used a similar line he used at Spurs.

"Now you know why I play the same side..."

Unread 22-10-2021, 09:32 AM
Sapien

Good to see him taking responsibility though. "It's my fault that the players I picked are totally shit"

Unread 22-10-2021, 10:08 AM
Dr Stranger

Lucky to even play against Sevilla etc.

I don’t mind Mourinho when he’s someone else’s manager, but I’m so £#%&!ing glad he’s not ours.

Unread 22-10-2021, 10:56 AM
Zorg

Quote:
The Passive Aggressive One.

'I mean obviously the best people haven't turned up'

Unread 22-10-2021, 07:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Good to see him taking responsibility though. "It's my fault that the players I picked are totally shit"
That is taking responsibility by his standards, though.

Unread 26-10-2021, 12:30 PM
AK14

Unread 26-10-2021, 12:53 PM
shenwen

Wasn't it four managers sent off over the weekend in Italy? Two in the same game - Roma v Napoli

Mental.

Unread 05-11-2021, 12:11 AM
Chris Quayd

“It wasn’t a great performance, we made a lot of technical errors, especially in the first half when playing out from the back. Every time it went to Veretout or Darboe, we lost the ball”

“Balance comes from the players at our disposal...I had to protect Kumbulla, because he did badly in the first game and this was not the right match for him. So I had to put Cristante in defence. So who do I put in midfield? I had to put Darboe.

“People talk about tactical balance, but sometimes it’s also about balancing the characteristics of the players. Milan were struggling against us, they introduced Bakayoko and Tonali. We cannot do that. I didn’t have a full-back who could attack.

I think the problem if anything was upfront, Zaniolo, Tammy Abraham and Mkhitaryan made a lot of mistakes in their passes, decisions and lacked finesse. We struggle to score goals when we have the chances. Zaniolo and Abraham are not in good shape. Only El Shaarawy is doing well in attack at the moment, Shomurodov did fairly well off the bench.”

Unread 05-11-2021, 12:13 AM
NedKelly

Meerkat Aryan must hate him

Unread 05-11-2021, 06:02 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
“It wasn’t a great performance, we made a lot of technical errors, especially in the first half when playing out from the back. Every time it went to Veretout or Darboe, we lost the ball”

“Balance comes from the players at our disposal...I had to protect Kumbulla, because he did badly in the first game and this was not the right match for him. So I had to put Cristante in defence. So who do I put in midfield? I had to put Darboe.

“People talk about tactical balance, but sometimes it’s also about balancing the characteristics of the players. Milan were struggling against us, they introduced Bakayoko and Tonali. We cannot do that. I didn’t have a full-back who could attack.

I think the problem if anything was upfront, Zaniolo, Tammy Abraham and Mkhitaryan made a lot of mistakes in their passes, decisions and lacked finesse. We struggle to score goals when we have the chances. Zaniolo and Abraham are not in good shape. Only El Shaarawy is doing well in attack at the moment, Shomurodov did fairly well off the bench.”
Suddenly "that's football" doesn't seem so bad anymore.

Unread 05-11-2021, 08:35 AM
puressence

baggins got 2 last night

Unread 05-11-2021, 10:47 AM
Big Norm

He's basically called 6 of his starting 11 shit.

Unread 05-11-2021, 04:54 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
He's basically called 6 of his starting 11 shit.
Good job he isn’t still working here otherwise it would be closer to 9

Unread 05-11-2021, 05:27 PM
jem

only just watched this. what an enormo@#%&!.

at no point would he ever say "I must admit, their coach was better than me."

absolutely shameless. I would enjoy his humiliation considerably more if he ever £#%&!ing questioned himself.
Closed Thread