United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2021, 03:26 PM
My Name is Heath

Other than the dig at Goldbridge, he is right.

Did you see him review the Bond film?

Bondbridge

Love Big Mark me.

Unread 21-10-2021, 03:34 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Other than the dig at Goldbridge, he is right.

Did you see him review the Bond film?

Bondbridge

Love Big Mark me.
He’s the biggest problem with the modern day game now, him and the other clowns like him. They’re classed as the ultimate fan nowadays and what most young fans probably think supporting a club should be like.

Like ether said there’s very little to like about the modern game that why I like this place but even this place is falling foul of it. No one can have an opinion, unless it’s agreeing with the person who posts before you.

It’ll come to a point in years to come where people don’t have a team they support, they’ll just support individuals of every team and everyone who follows the game will all gave the same the opinion.

Unread 21-10-2021, 03:53 PM
Buck

I thought we played great at 0-1 and their second goal was against the run of play. But we picked it up again and could have gone in level at half time. Fred was the wrong player to be in that position to shoot and on another day Rashford puts away his chance before half time. His finish to get us back in the game was world class composure. An Henry finish. Bruno was excellent, Shaw was more like it going forward. Subs made a difference. It was a great fight back.

We need to start games off with the tempo of the second half. There was nothing to lose at that point to chuck everything at it but the Atalanta players were clearly getting nervous. They were making sloppy mistakes because we put the pressure on. With the players we have if we show that level of tempo we will be pushing teams back in their own half, forcing errors, dominating the ball, creating chances and scoring lots of goals. The defence gets better by extension of having less to do.

Unread 21-10-2021, 04:20 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He’s right about absolutely everything there.

I blame the Internet, and Twitter in general

There’s a breed of fan that just wants to get attention. 15-20 years ago it was turning up at the training ground with a bedsheet. As pathetic as that was, at least you had to acknowledge the effort.

These days, they just tweet to get attention, and the easiest way to do that is to say something extreme. It applies to all walks of life really but it’s particularly bad with football fans. Sad little people with no lives sitting there trying to have the most outrageous take on Ole ffs.

Nobody wants a reasonable, balanced view anymore. It’s got to be black or white, and fit into a tweet.

Doesn’t help that the media push the narrative that Twitter is actually important. You can’t read a football article these days without tweets from random people being embedded ffs, even the BBC do it.

I suppose you could say it’s the equivalent of vox pops in a news report, but at least they’ve got the fact that they’re face will be on national tv to keep them from being too outrageous. Tweets are usually from @Richard35782 or @LiquidHazard ffs.

I hate everything to do with modern football.
Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I thought we played great at 0-1 and their second goal was against the run of play. But we picked it up again and could have gone in level at half time. Fred was the wrong player to be in that position to shoot and on another day Rashford puts away his chance before half time. His finish to get us back in the game was world class composure. An Henry finish. Bruno was excellent, Shaw was more like it going forward. Subs made a difference. It was a great fight back.

We need to start games off with the tempo of the second half. There was nothing to lose at that point to chuck everything at it but the Atalanta players were clearly getting nervous. They were making sloppy mistakes because we put the pressure on. With the players we have if we show that level of tempo we will be pushing teams back in their own half, forcing errors, dominating the ball, creating chances and scoring lots of goals. The defence gets better by extension of having less to do.
This slow start thing though. It’s not like it’s a new thing for us. It afflicted us all last season. It’s become our dna which is not a good thing.

I really can’t understand why it isn’t being addressed. Unfortunately, so many of our problems point to poor coaching. It’s why we’re so infuriating, dramatic and often exciting - but we’re not winning anything with this approach.

Unread 21-10-2021, 04:43 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Any Fredster makes a point
Everyone: .
Saffers makes same point
Everyone: “waaaaaah waaaaahhhh!!!!!”
Who else on here is making the point that fans who support the manager (including those who are actually in the stadium) can't call themselves United fans? Or that supporting the manager makes you an "enemy" of the club?

Because anybody making those points would get the same reaction. He posts things to get a reaction, so you can't be surprised that it works.

Unread 21-10-2021, 04:43 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Any Fredster makes a point
Everyone: .
Saffers makes same point
Everyone: “waaaaaah waaaaahhhh!!!!!”
A lot of people had invested the big bucks on Ole. Somebody gotta face the backlash.

I am happy to take the backlash.

Unread 21-10-2021, 05:06 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Good lad, Scotty

Unread 21-10-2021, 05:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
A lot of people had invested the big bucks on Ole. Somebody gotta face the backlash.

I am happy to take the backlash.
Quote:
Because he's the hero Fred deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it.

Unread 21-10-2021, 07:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

You were on here last night absolutely livid we’d won. Fuming. Seething.
As I said to him at the time, at least wait until the following morning.

Even some who are far from diehard Ole-Inners were never likely to be convinced at that moment.

Unread 21-10-2021, 07:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He’s right about absolutely everything there.

I blame the Internet, and Twitter in general

There’s a breed of fan that just wants to get attention. 15-20 years ago it was turning up at the training ground with a bedsheet. As pathetic as that was, at least you had to acknowledge the effort.

These days, they just tweet to get attention, and the easiest way to do that is to say something extreme. It applies to all walks of life really but it’s particularly bad with football fans. Sad little people with no lives sitting there trying to have the most outrageous take on Ole ffs.

Nobody wants a reasonable, balanced view anymore. It’s got to be black or white, and fit into a tweet.

Doesn’t help that the media push the narrative that Twitter is actually important. You can’t read a football article these days without tweets from random people being embedded ffs, even the BBC do it.

I suppose you could say it’s the equivalent of vox pops in a news report, but at least they’ve got the fact that they’re face will be on national tv to keep them from being too outrageous. Tweets are usually from @Richard35782 or @LiquidHazard ffs.

I hate everything to do with modern football.
LiquidHazard

Hate those @#%&!ing accounts. “MessiNation” or some shit, Based in £#%&!ing Doha or somewhere. Like anyone cares what they think.

Unread 22-10-2021, 04:18 PM
dunk

Unread 22-10-2021, 04:26 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
LiquidHazard

Hate those @#%&!ing accounts. “MessiNation” or some shit, Based in £#%&!ing Doha or somewhere. Like anyone cares what they think.
Saw one today RashyJLingz...

Unread 22-10-2021, 10:58 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Saw one today RashyJLingz...

Pretty sure that’s Jesse’s account.

Unread 22-10-2021, 11:23 PM
red in cumbria

Thing is though, he's got that CL trophy he can show to the doubters. Another reason why us falling short last season in that regard was such a tragedy.

Unread 23-10-2021, 09:21 AM
Stickman

Lukaku seems a bit of a snowflake tbh

Unread 23-10-2021, 09:41 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
LiquidHazard

Hate those c***ing accounts. “MessiNation” or some shit, Based in f***ing Doha or somewhere. Like anyone cares what they think.
Anytime I scroll through comments under a club tweet, it's just Africans and calling for someone to be sacked or signed.

Sign x now etc.

Yeah sure thing, will get right on that.

Unread 23-10-2021, 10:23 AM
Denis Irwell

Has been for 20+ years tbh

Forums

Saffers etc

Unread 23-10-2021, 10:39 AM
Part 36 Offer

Sacking him

A large portion of our fans these days are a £#%&!ing joke and a disgrace. Half of this place are £#%&!ing shrimps. Sad @#%&!s

Unread 23-10-2021, 06:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Has been for 20+ years tbh

Forums

Saffers etc
I have related it more than once before, but I discovered this place by chance when googling "Ferie out".

This was back in 2008.

Unread 23-10-2021, 06:44 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I have related it more than once before, but I discovered this place by chance when googling "Ferie out".

This was back in 2008.
The incident was 2005. Just around the time ferie £#%&!ed everyone over and we ended up with todays owners xx
Closed Thread