Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 16-10-2021, 10:23 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yep.

Don’t want Zidane anywhere near it.
I think he will be the clear choice. Unless he goes to PSG. It was well reported Pochettino wanted to return to Spurs in the summer and was frustrated with the egos at PSG and the age of the squad. I think Tuchel made that point too. Again though, Zidane is the man to manage that because the fact is he is a bigger icon of football than these players bar Messi/Ronaldo.

Unread 16-10-2021, 10:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Who do you want?
Honestly not a single manager out there I’d say we should go and get.

The lad at Milan is doing a great job, but he’s not going anywhere.

Ajax manager, maybe.

Not an awful lot else out there.

Probably should’ve been getting the bloke from Leipzig that Munich snapped up, that would’ve required forethought, ruthlessness and risk taking though.

Unread 16-10-2021, 10:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We also can’t ignore that we’ve given a new contract to Phelan and there’s talk of deals for McKenna and Carrick,

And of course Ole has his new deal.

Seems the club are doubling down.
Many more days like today and that will make little difference.

Unread 16-10-2021, 10:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Many more days like today and that will make little difference.
True, but it shows you where their mindset is now…. And therefore likely how little groundwork is being put in place for a potential replacement.

Hiring his replacement scares me more than keeping him on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Honestly not a single manager out there I’d say we should go and get.

The lad at Milan is doing a great job, but he’s not going anywhere.

Ajax manager, maybe.

Not an awful lot else out there.

Probably should’ve been getting the bloke from Leipzig that Munich snapped up, that would’ve required forethought, ruthlessness and risk taking though.
On paper, I genuinely think Rodgers is your best fit, for anyone who is in any way gettable.

It’s just a skin-crawling thought.

And we won’t even do that. We won’t go for anyone currently in a job. We’ll go for whoever is highest profile and available at the point he is sacked.

He’ll be allowed this run of tough games, regardless. They won’t want a new boss coming into a difficult run of fixtures.

Unread 16-10-2021, 11:09 PM
Collywobbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Big Ron was a marked shift from the Sexton years but what did they win? Was the cavalier football overhyped due to how dreary the Sexton years were? Some have suggested that.
Sorry mate, I usually don't post on here, but you really haven't got a f***ing clue. United won 2 FA Cups, made the league cup final, went deep into Europe a couple of times, and probably would've won the league at least once had Robbo not been crocked. His style of football was objectively better and more successful than the shite Sexton served up. Get a f***ing clue before posting any further on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Sometimes truths need to be told.

When people say "our attacking history" what are they talking about?

Busby Babes? Ferie 90s? What about the 70s and 80s, were we true to attacking football? What about in the latter Fergie years, what about the last 10 years?

We have properly become Liverpool now haven't we.
Our attacking history stretches back to our playstyle under Magnall in the early 1900s.. then it continues with all of Busby's reign, our time under Docherty and Atkinson, and our beautiful time under Ferguson. F*** off and support Chelsea you disgusting plastic. Change your PFP back to Baggio too before you leave however.

Unread 16-10-2021, 11:17 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Cobbles straight in with a bodyslam.

Unread 16-10-2021, 11:21 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Cobbles straight in with a bodyslam.
Onto the concrete

Unread 16-10-2021, 11:33 PM
MUFC One Love

Stone cold stunner from cobbles.

Unread 17-10-2021, 12:34 AM
tatty

Bloody hates posters getting the wobbles does cobbles.
Closed Thread