Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2021, 02:31 PM
Sparky***

Default Newcastle Saudi takeover back on

Unread 06-10-2021, 02:34 PM
Baron

£#%&! sake.

Bet they throw £200m at Dortmund for Haaland now - the new Shearer AKA money grabbing @#%&!.

[SIZE="1"]
I reserve the right to amend this if he comes here.

Unread 06-10-2021, 02:38 PM
Jethro

I am sure everything will be completely above board and not shady at all.

Unread 06-10-2021, 02:39 PM
Pop

Nice one.

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Newcastle

All hail the new top 4. The Glazers meanwhile are going to pocket close to $200m for a sale of shares.

Absolute £#%&!ing balls.

Unread 06-10-2021, 03:18 PM
waynes ear's

who gives a flying £#%&! about the zebra @#%&!s

£#%&! off

Unread 06-10-2021, 03:22 PM
naes_sean

Unread 06-10-2021, 03:43 PM
est.1878

Barbary pirates back up and running? Interesting

Unread 06-10-2021, 03:49 PM
red in cumbria

I thought this was off for the foreseeable - what has changed?

Unread 06-10-2021, 03:54 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I thought this was off for the foreseeable - what has changed?
Money changed hands

Unread 06-10-2021, 04:29 PM
anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
who gives a flying £#%&! about the zebra @#%&!s

£#%&! off
Cope

Unread 06-10-2021, 04:49 PM
d_knight

Will be funny to see the results of the fit and proper owners test.

Think they'll be shitting themselves waiting for it like spotty teenagers awaiting gcse results?

Unread 06-10-2021, 05:22 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Will be funny to see the results of the fit and proper owners test.

Think they'll be shitting themselves waiting for it like spotty teenagers awaiting gcse results?
I can safely predict they will pass such a test.

Unread 06-10-2021, 05:35 PM
Hyman_Roth

Thumbs up

This is good news. Really not arsed about the geordies cleaning up every year if the alternative is city, Liverpool and to a lesser extent Chelsea.

That’s assuming that we will constantly fall short which, let’s face it, is pretty much nailed on.

Genuinely hope it goes through.

Unread 06-10-2021, 07:08 PM
Danoli

I hope it doesn’t, it’s horrific for football

Unread 06-10-2021, 07:29 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
I hope it doesn’t, it’s horrific for football
Ay up, 2003 called and wants its sentiment back.

City, you know that club that used to be owned by Peter Swales that sacked Steve coppell within a week of appointing him? - now routinely win the title and will routinely feature in the CL semis and finals. They’ll likely play PSG, you know that other great European club.

Think you might be a bit slow on the uptake pal…

Unread 06-10-2021, 07:32 PM
Chris Quayd

Their success could accelerate the Glazers exit plans. Which sounds great until someone even worse takes over.

Unread 06-10-2021, 07:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Their success could accelerate the Glazers exit plans. Which sounds great until someone even worse takes over.
It's kind of hideously ironic that the traditional iconic clubs, the one's who blazed the trail for the premier league's global success have been the ones who have been hamstrung by ownership brought about by it.

Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal... the three biggest clubs in the country all shitty yank owners who came about to line their pockets and boost their business portfolio.

Meanwhile perennial underachievers chelsea and yo-yo joke clubs like City and now Newcastle - get blessed with unearned billions and go on to completely distort the entire footballing landscape.

£#%&!ing football eh? What a mess.

Unread 06-10-2021, 07:42 PM
Zorg

Looking forward to seeing people over here wearing Newcastle shirts and muttering ‘@#%&!’ under my breath from a safe distance

Unread 06-10-2021, 07:42 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Their success could accelerate the Glazers exit plans.
When the four champions league spots are taken routinely by city, liverpool, chelsea and newcastle, and the Glazers miss their payment each season, you might be right.

Unread 06-10-2021, 07:44 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonlooca
When the four champions league spots are taken routinely by city, liverpool, chelsea and newcastle, and the Glazers miss their payment each season, you might be right.
But are there any remaining white washing pr oil states to take us over?
Closed Thread