United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:24 AM
wiganste

Football The draw next Friday

I really wish it was tomorrow (I'm sure everyone does) because I £#%&!ing hate waiting.

The 8 teams -
Man Utd
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Barcelona
Villarreal
Bayern Munich
Porto

Out of that lot, I don't think there's much to worry about. I'd prefer to avoid Barcelona but we proved we can nullify their threat over 2 games last season.

I hope we get Porto because they are probably the weakest link but I'm £#%&!ing certain UEFA will have something up their sleeves to get the English to play each other, thus avoiding and all English final again.

We ought to be favourites to win it again. We look stronger this season than last, but as everyone knows, the favourites don't always win it.

Anyhoo, my predictions for the last 8 draw

Chelsea v Liverpool
Arsenal v Barcelona

Porto v United
Villarreal v Bayern

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:29 AM
kandred

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I really wish it was tomorrow (I'm sure everyone does) because I £#%&!ing hate waiting.

The 8 teams -
Man Utd
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Barcelona
Villarreal
Bayern Munich
Porto

Out of that lot, I don't think there's much to worry about. I'd prefer to avoid Barcelona but we proved we can nullify their threat over 2 games last season.

I hope we get Porto because they are probably the weakest link but I'm £#%&!ing certain UEFA will have something up their sleeves to get the English to play each other, thus avoiding and all English final again.

We ought to be favourites to win it again. We look stronger this season than last, but as everyone knows, the favourites don't always win it.

[SIZE="3"]Anyhoo, my predictions for the last 8 draw

Chelsea v Liverpool
Arsenal v Barcelona

[SIZE="3"]Porto v United
Villarreal v Bayern
You predictions or can you smell the Super Bock

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Baron

I'd take anyone except an English side & preferably not Barca as I'd prefer to play them in the final in an all out attacking extravaganza (0-0 AET, win on pens again...).

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:31 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

I don't understand why it has to be another week and all these representatives have to make a meaningless jaunt to Monaco (or wherever its done), just to see some balls pulled out of hat. They'd do well to start the pre-draw build up now, that'll take a week in itself

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:34 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
I don't understand why it has to be another week and all these representatives have to make a meaningless jaunt to Monaco (or wherever its done), just to see some balls pulled out of hat. They'd do well to start the pre-draw build up now, that'll take a week in itself
they should do it MasterFred stylee, with photographic evidence posted on an internet forum to likeminded, but ultimatley, strangers who have no other choice but to trust in each other.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:35 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandred
You predictions or can you smell the Super Bock
Superbock mate <slurp>

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:36 AM
elephantstone

Chelsea v Porto
Arsenal v United

Barca v Lpool
Villarreal v Bayern

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:40 AM
BarryX

Man Utd v Villarreal
Liverpool v Bayern Munich
Chelsea v Barcelona
Arsenal v Porto

amen

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:41 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Man Utd v Villarreal
Liverpool v Bayern Munich
Chelsea v Barcelona
Arsenal v Porto

amen
There's no way all the English clubs will avoid each other

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:45 AM
marlo

man utd v liverpool

chelsea v villerael

barca vs porto

arsenal vs bayern munich

my ideal draw.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Jack Duckworth

porto or the scousers for me, please, as i don't trust anybody else to knock the bastards out.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:51 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

The ideal draw would be something like this:
Utd v Liverpool play the winners of Porto v Villareal

Chelsea v Barca against the winners of Arsenal v Bayern

Or Arsenal and Liverpool swap places, would be very confident against Arsenal but I want Liverpool, we've missed them the last few years and I was glad (wouldn't be able to face a defeat), however I now want to play them at any cost and knock the £#%&!ers out

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:55 AM
wiganste

If we get the scousers, we'll play the 2nd leg on April 15th

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Baron

I quiet fancy Bayern in the final tbf (should we make it). A lovely symmetry going for a lot of trophies...

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:16 PM
no fun

would want to avoid barca, chelsea, munich

think we could beat the others at a canter

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Warren Hobhead

we're long overdue a german awayday, last one was stuttgart 2003 i think

i'm hoping we get bayern

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Mr_Ed

Are we seeded this time round to get the away leg first? Or is it just all random now?

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:23 PM
One Love

Want Bayern. Only team not played in ages, new stadium, decent away, and i think the German league is generally pretty shit at the moment.

We'd definitely beat them, 20-0 against Sporting or whatever means £#%&! all, they gave up from the start.

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:29 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
If we get the scousers, we'll play the 2nd leg on April 15th
Quality, they'll be shitting it.

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:30 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
They're a lot better then last season - I'd rather not play them in the next round. Should be the final, as we're the two best teams in Europe.

I'd like Porto or Bayern Would be great aways! But I fear we'll be stuck with an English team
Closed Thread