United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:29 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I'm happy with the current stadium and how Erik is developing us...

No I don't care for a 100,k stadium and throwing cash at any and every flash in the pan big name footballer ....

United for me has to have a soul...

Even a shit @#%&! cared....

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:33 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Like spurs ?

So electric, hosting NFL and Pink concerts....

More capacity = More plastics, if you think we had that label before remember this conversation when Qatar sell a match day experience around the world....

Remember when city advertised on the London tube for home games ?

Old Trafford always will have the spirit of the babes, if it's demolished and rebuilt I for one will never go again, it's not our club, our community...

Makes me heave ..
Would it have to be demolished? I don't think so...

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Would it have to be demolished? I don't think so...
It's been mooted with glee

You think the Qataris give a single £#%&! about our history ?

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:38 PM
BarryX

Quote:

Not all Qataris think the same. Am sure the vast majority of fans wouldn't want the stadium demolished or replaced. Just upgraded. Would be a major PR disaster for them, so genuinely don't they would do.

Unread 18-02-2023, 02:38 PM
tatty

There’s an understandable sentimentality about United’s history but the truth is we’ve always been huge spenders buying up the best players…and Old Trafford now would be barely recognisable to the players of the 1950’s.

We’ve always kept moving forwards…right up until the Glazer’s.

A new owner focussed on what they can put in to the club, rather than take out, will open a new chapter.

One that will leave the club in rude health for the future.

Unread 18-02-2023, 03:39 PM
believe

Quote:

Yes if there’s one thing Arabsvalue more than anything is history. The thing with Cory and psg is that they never had it so they’ve been constantly trying to create. They don’t have to do that with United.

I doubt very much will change apart from getting rid of the debt, us being able to compete more in transfers and a stadium upgrade, everything g people have been desperate for for ten years.

Unread 18-02-2023, 03:45 PM
tatty

What the press are forgetting is that the Qatari money will be righting the wrongs of the last 20 years.

Hundreds of millions taken out of the club, the ground falling in to disrepair, facilities more fitting of a championship club and a huge debt hanging over the club.

We shouldn’t be in the position we’re in and if it takes oil money to fix that then so be it.

Unread 18-02-2023, 04:48 PM
believe

Hope the al thani’s don’t watch Corrie.

Unread 18-02-2023, 05:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Hope the al thani’s don’t watch Corrie.
No one watches Corrie....

Unread 18-02-2023, 05:44 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I also hope whoever ends up owning the club back Ten Hag.

You see the way Chelsea got rid of Tuchel at the first sign and you remember Ten Hag was brought in by John Murtough who will be first out the door when the sale is complete

Leave the bald alone
I don't think they would be stupid enough to sack, United's best Manager since, Fergie retired, as such a riddiculas decision would set-us back years as it would have an enormous negative effect in the dressing room & my guess is that rumour would have been started by someone that is desperate for click bates.

Unread 18-02-2023, 06:27 PM
53RedRum

Hold strong Qatari reds

Unread 18-02-2023, 06:34 PM
92ToBury

I wouldn't be for the Qatari bid if we were in a position of health. We've had nearly 20 years of neglect. Debt and failure to improve/maintain facilities have seen us massively handicapped. We should have been talking about stadium improvements 10 years ago, not forcing their consideration on the owners by stopping a match taking place. If these guys are the only team capable of pushing that reset button, then push it. We've had two decades of development stolen from us by these parasitic Glazer @#%&!s. In a full on scouse moment, we deserve compensation lah.

Unread 18-02-2023, 06:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Literally nobody mentioned the stadium till recently....

Also "training facilities like a championship club"

Unread 18-02-2023, 08:35 PM
Furry Russian hats

The thing that keeps coming back to me is that if they don’t buy us, they will buy Liverpool and that is the nightmare scenario as far as lm concerned. Watching them hoover up champions league and league titles certainly won’t feel hollow to me.

Unread 18-02-2023, 08:50 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
The thing that keeps coming back to me is that if they don’t buy us, they will buy Liverpool and that is the nightmare scenario as far as lm concerned. Watching them hoover up champions league and league titles certainly won’t feel hollow to me.

Unread 18-02-2023, 08:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
I wouldn't be for the Qatari bid if we were in a position of health. We've had nearly 20 years of neglect. Debt and failure to improve/maintain facilities have seen us massively handicapped. We should have been talking about stadium improvements 10 years ago, not forcing their consideration on the owners by stopping a match taking place. If these guys are the only team capable of pushing that reset button, then push it. We've had two decades of development stolen from us by these parasitic Glazer @#%&!s. In a full on scouse moment, we deserve compensation lah.
Exactly. They've released funds for players as and when it looked like they absolutely had to when top 4 was in jeopardy, but they've left the infrastructure around the club to rot.

Unread 18-02-2023, 09:32 PM
dunk

Unread 18-02-2023, 09:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats

Such great owners they just pick what they want....

Great...

Unread 18-02-2023, 09:48 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
No one watches Corrie....
Pep does. City gave him a box set.

Unread 18-02-2023, 10:01 PM
Halloween

By fans they made two obscure groups. We take this now our future is secure. If we end up with anyone else it will be debt and the death of us as a top team forever with the new FFP rules.
Closed Thread