Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-03-2022, 12:12 PM
sweetleftfoot

It's the fans you've got to feel for.

Lolz.

Unread 10-03-2022, 12:16 PM
Halloween

chant for Abramovich now . This genuinely could ruin their top club credentials but as long as they still function as a club then they can't complain.

Unread 10-03-2022, 12:27 PM
waynes ear's

UEFA possibly throwing them out of the Champions League

Unread 10-03-2022, 12:30 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I’m not entirely sure why but I think I find this amusing.
oh I laughed out loud...detestable bunch.

Unread 10-03-2022, 12:36 PM
AK14

Sponsorships being suspended
9 point deduction rumoured

Unread 10-03-2022, 12:37 PM
Dasilvatwins

it’s the fans trying to defend Chelsea and it’s owners . What’s did they ever do?!

Erm stole funds from the Russians to put them into the place they’re in now. If there was no illegal Russian money , Chelsea wouldn’t be as big as they are. The only worry is for the government to shit itself and remove these sanctions.

I think uefa love a Big £#%&! you to the English clubs. ESP with EU /UK hostility . Would be brilliant if they kick them out of the champions league because the government has no jurisdiction there.

Come on uefa, be the bastards you are and kick them out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/samwallacetel/st...502002689?s=21

Sponsorships being suspended
9 point deduction rumoured

Wait what’s has a points deduction got to do with sanctioning the owner?

The whole point of it is to stop the owner from making money or doing anything with money. Don’t think he will go “ hey vlad, I won’t make top 4 unless you stop”

Unread 10-03-2022, 12:39 PM
Denis Irwell

Only season ticket holders (tickets already paid for) no walk ins, no shop, no player sales? How do they pay their players and staff?

Serious shit. Hopefully.

Unread 10-03-2022, 12:40 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
it’s the fans trying to defend Chelsea and it’s owners . What’s did they ever do?!

Erm stole funds from the Russians to put them into the place they’re in now. If there was no illegal Russian money , Chelsea wouldn’t be as big as they are. The only worry is for the government to shit itself and remove these sanctions.

I think uefa love a Big £#%&! you to the English clubs. ESP with EU /UK hostility . Would be brilliant if they kick them out of the champions league because the government has no jurisdiction there.

The whole point of it is to stop the owner from making money or doing anything with money. Don’t think he will go “ hey vlad, I won’t make top 4 unless you stop”
Just re read the tweet and apparently it’s if they go into liquidation.

Unread 10-03-2022, 12:40 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Only season ticket holders (tickets already paid for) no walk ins, no shop, no player sales? How do they pay their players and staff?

Serious shit. Hopefully.
They’ll have existing funds and you’d like to think the seasons finances atleast are planned . If however they take “loans” from abramovic every few months to pay for costs , they’re £#%&!ed.

Once the sponsors pull out it will be brilliant. Mainly because they can’t even be sold

Unread 10-03-2022, 12:45 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
They’ll have existing funds and you’d like to think the seasons finances atleast are planned . If however they take “loans” from abramovic every few months to pay for costs , they’re £#%&!ed.

Once the sponsors pull out it will be brilliant. Mainly because they can’t even be sold
Administration beckons, hopefully.

They could be playing Leeds in the championship next season. The irony.

Unread 10-03-2022, 12:46 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Just re read the tweet and apparently it’s if they go into liquidation.
That actually makes sense because it’s in line with FA rules. Would the UK government allow them to go into liquidation. They wouldn’t want anything that could potentially harm their fan base etc.

As long as they don’t bail them out and club crashes and burns. Might actually make this season bearable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Administration beckons, hopefully.

They could be playing Leeds in the championship next season. The irony.
Players could leave. Also say putin pulls out of the war. How long till these sanctions end?

Need players to jump ship fast

Unread 10-03-2022, 12:50 PM
naes_sean

Quote:

That tickled me.

Unread 10-03-2022, 12:52 PM
AK14

Another sponsor looking for a way out

Quote:
That actually makes sense because it’s in line with FA rules. Would the UK government allow them to go into liquidation. They wouldn’t want anything that could potentially harm their fan base etc.

As long as they don’t bail them out and club crashes and burns. Might actually make this season bearable

Players could leave. Also say putin pulls out of the war. How long till these sanctions end?

Need players to jump ship fast
I guess the gov are hoping () Abramovich ‘gifts’ the club back to the fans or something similar?

Let’s see how much he loves them…

£#%&! knows.

Unread 10-03-2022, 01:00 PM
Danoli

I wonder did they pay Inter Milan the full transfer fee up front for Lukaku?

If not then there is gonna be a problem….which might come back to bite us and the money Inter probably still owe us for Lukakua.

That could potentially knacker our spending plans for the summer.

Unread 10-03-2022, 01:03 PM
Denis Irwell

Any sponsorship money would be going straight to Abramovich now.Sponsors will pull out.

Can’t see any existing funds lasting with their operating costs, staff, players contracts and even their 400 players out on loan are probably partly subsidised.

Anybodys guess what will eventually happen but not looking great for them

Unread 10-03-2022, 01:05 PM
guerreiro

Now, do we want the war to end and save thousands of lives, or….Chelsea to go into free fall.

Thankfully it’s not City so I can still hold the moral high ground and hope the war ends.

Unread 10-03-2022, 01:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
I wonder did they pay Inter Milan the full transfer fee up front for Lukaku?

If not then there is gonna be a problem….which might come back to bite us and the money Inter probably still owe us for Lukakua.

That could potentially knacker our spending plans for the summer.
Probably right there tbf

It would be typical us and our £#%&!ing luck to get burnt because another club’s owner getting sanctioned.

Unread 10-03-2022, 01:12 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 10-03-2022, 01:22 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Unread 10-03-2022, 01:22 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Probably right there tbf

It would be typical us and our £#%&!ing luck to get burnt because another club’s owner getting sanctioned.
If Chelsea don’t meet the next transfer instalment could Lukaku just go back to Inter? Can Inter demand that?

Would that be the same for all players that they still owe a portion of the transfer fee to the selling club?

There must be quite a few players they still owe a portion of the transfer fee to the selling club…the two young German lads for a start, plus the Yank winger, the Ajax winger…
Closed Thread